1. July 6, 2020  

Cataclysm

Dear all,

I am writing to suggest a release of a cataclysm realm, as a further enhancement of the Frostmourne realm. Why not make it a progression realm which over the course of 1 or 2 years be transferred to cataclysm patch and all the players get the option to either transfer their characters to a WotLK realm or progress further to cataclysm?

2. July 6, 2020  
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=241277

"A new realm - We will not be creating new realms at this time. This includes PvE realms, more realms to reduce the amount of queues, or new realms to support new or old expansion packs. This rule also pertains to suggestions to changing existing realm statuses (such as changing them to PvE type or their rates)."

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=422544

"We had a Cataclysm realm before and people started leaving it until the point the realm was empty at certain times of the day. We may open a new one in the future when we feel it is the right time for it, but it is not in the plans right now."

3. July 6, 2020  
    I remember the cataclysm realm when it was at its peak and it was a lot of fun, met lots of cool people who I still play with today from back then. Though it had problems the main gripes myself and others had were the slow releases on content, which is more of a personnel factor in that there were fewer people working on it that on Wrath, and the fact that updates always felt like they reintroduced bugs that were previously fixed.

As a player on the sidelines during the time, it felt like... this kinda of scenario:
    Let's say there are two devs that both decide to take copies of the entire database. They both work on bugs and fixes in their own areas. When one of them goes to upload their fixes they would just overwrite the entire database file with their new one that has multiple bug fixes as apart of it. Now the 2nd one decides to update the database and due to using the same method of uploading it, would undue the 1st up-loaders work. As the 2nd up-loaders database file wouldn't have the 1st up-loaders fixes.

Now multiply this perceived scenario over time and slap on a molten meltdown and you end up with a dead server. Or so it felt as someone who played when they wanted to do a progression style cataclysm. Yeah, at one point they had a 4.0 cataclysm, my favorite bug that was fixed when they revamped cata straight into 4.3, was that you could get two of the Archaeology level 85 epic swords and dual wield them on fury wars. You're only supposed to be able to get one as they're equal to the 1st tier of raid gear in terms of itemization. :3

Anyway, maybe someday we'll see a cataclysm realm again, probably when blizzard releases TBC, and warmanes TBC realm implodes over time? Who knows what the future holds.