1. July 6, 2020  

Pet position related to character

Is it possible to change it? Cause would help a lot to control pet's position if their natural position is behind and close to character, instead of far away to the left. This way is easier to control it inside dungs, preventing messing ups.

2. July 6, 2020  
    dismiss it when trying to avoid mobs. summon it for battle.

3. July 6, 2020  
    We can do that, but what about pet position working as intended? I prefer the second option. This is not only a problem for pve, in pvp is annoying as well.

4. July 7, 2020  
    We can do that, but what about pet position working as intended? I prefer the second option. This is not only a problem for pve, in pvp is annoying as well.
    If you can get a retail 3.3.5 video where the pet is standing "behind and close to character" then you can open a bugreport and it will be fixed.
    Afaik, this is how pets worked on retail and that's how they work here.

5. July 7, 2020  
    Yes we already do that. I'm talking about improvement.
    If you can get a retail 3.3.5 video where the pet is standing "behind and close to character" then you can open a bugreport and it will be fixed.
    Afaik, this is how pets worked on retail and that's how they work here.
    Even if pet going wild with the tiniest movement is "how pets worked on retail and that's how they work here", it doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it. Yes we should. This is a simple change improving hunter's quality of life, easing dungeon runs for everyone. That's all. The 3.3.5 experience definitely gonna survive, I promise.

6. July 7, 2020  
    Yes, "easing" that's the key part. Making the game easier. It required hunters to be aware and dismiss pets on time, not just run around without a care in the world.
    Get used to controlling a pet and that's it.

7. July 7, 2020  
    The pets used to be close to the hunter, but now they are 4-5 times further away cause someone made a bugreport about it proving they should be that far away, I think it's much worse this way too, why make stuff worse cause blizz had it worse.
    In PvE the pets sometimes runs like 8-10 yards away from you, In many cases have I seen pugs pull bosses these ways.

8. July 7, 2020  
    Yes, "easing" that's the key part. Making the game easier. It required hunters to be aware and dismiss pets on time, not just run around without a care in the world.
    Get used to controlling a pet and that's it.
    The "ease" thing doesn't come from something hard, it come from something annoying. This change won't unbalance the universe, won't destroy 3.3.5 experience, won't turn hunters into the most OP class in game. Hunter players will still have to be careful with their pets and learn how to properly control them. This is just a needed fix of something that feels wrong. This really affects players negatively, when you have different perceptions of your sides because crazy pet movement at your left side. If we talking about hunters being responsible for their pets, so this fix will enforce it.

Oh, and one more thing... I'm talking about this fix, yet it doesn't mean I don't know how to control my wolf. Cause I do. Problem still exist.

9. July 7, 2020  
    This is actually first private server I played on where the pet pathing is not complete garbage.
    I remember how hard it was elsewhere for ferals to get jump on hunt when the pet was on aggressive and standing almost on top of the player. Shouldn't be that way.

Edit: As mentioned before you can dismiss earlier or get cat to prowl around. (I know you would loose wolf ap shout, but how many times you need to avoid mob packs in raids?)
    Edited: July 7, 2020