1. July 6, 2020  

Lordaeron max level griefers

Yes I know a lot of topics on this, even recently, but let me make some good points.

I played official wotlk, even arena 2200 rating, BUT the max level griefers/campers are ruining the player base.

Every new account or player who joins Warmane / Lordaeron just wants to get to level 80 to experience this for the first time. But they will give up when they experience unfair camping like this. The grind is hard enough for a first time player, now you add in multiple times they get camped? They will leave.

It will ruin new player base, I've already had friends give up because it's too much grind and then get camped over and over.

They are NOT experience players. So suggestions like move to another zone, find a guild to help will not help these new players. Even PvE questing is already a challenge to them. No heirlooms, no idea how to quest fast, never seen most of the zones. Remember this is their first time!

Also it makes the cycle continue... I normally ignore world PvP even when easy kill, i rather quest and let others quest. But if I get griefed, I will then fight every horde I see. ( at least I get honor from it ).

Also this problem is worse than official because it is frozen to wotlk for a long time, so a lot of level 80s bored who cannot PvP so they find low levels to camp.

My suggestion is to add a debuff to players who get honorless kills or huge level difference. Debuff similar to res sickness, 5 mins, -50% to all stats. If they camp, it becomes worse, 10 mins, -75%, etc. So the low level has a chance to fight them.

This way if a high level wants to kill a low level and leave then they can still do this as 5 mins debuff isn't big deal. But this will prevent camping low levels.

Anyway, trust me, a lot of PvE players or completely beginner to WoW players already have left. Remember on official WoW PvE servers were 2:1 to PvP servers. Maybe even 3:1. As a pvp players... i never care to kill low levels. This is not PvP, take no skills. So by adding this you do not scare away real pvpers. Just the griefers.
    Edited: July 6, 2020

2. July 7, 2020  
    It's not all that bad idea but sadly I don't think this is going to change, The whole community looks at threads like this like it's another crybaby post from some butthurt snowflake whos trying to level in peace.

3. July 7, 2020  
    preventing griefers has been suggested and denied 101 times in 101 ways. it's allowed. people can either get use to it or they can leave. plain and simple.

4. July 7, 2020  
    preventing griefers has been suggested and denied 101 times in 101 ways. it's allowed. people can either get use to it or they can leave. plain and simple.
    That's sad. I enjoy this game for social aspect + play with friends. I think that's the only reason some people want to play a game that is 10 years old... To introduce game to friends. Any achievements / end game I already have on my official server characters...

This server will just end up being the same few people and no new players more and more...