1. July 7, 2020  

Djurt, New Player, First Ever WoW Character

I recently started my first ever WoW character on the Lordaeron Server. He is currently a level 57 BM Hunter named Djurt. I've played Everquest at launch and Everquest emulated servers (Shards of Dalaya) off and on since. I am really enjoying this game but there is an incredible amount to learn. I'm competing against players with 10 to 15 years of muscle memory, macros, addons and general experience but loving the challenge. I still can't figure out how to get any addons to work.

One unintended benefit of playing on this server is that I have been able to dust off my "the cat is on the table" level high school spanish to communicate with this seemingly large spanish/portuguese speaking player base. I have been helped immensely by a few players, Mud, Rih, Rayleei, and a healer named Aristata? who bribed me with coin to stop looting during an instance. Thank you to everyone for being patient with me.

2. July 7, 2020  
    As an aside, can anyone suggest any resources to learn more about this game beyond "youtube it". Being brand new to this game, I find it very difficult to discern what is applicable to this server and my class in general.

3. July 8, 2020  
    In essence, most existing WotLK guides would be applicable, especially as Lordaeron has equal rates to the original server. Google is generally your best friend for basically everything (quest help, profession leveling guide, leveling guide, etc).

As for more specific questions (e.g. class rotation), the forums are a good place to ask around! It has more or less an endgame guide for every viable class (stuff may be a bit less clear before you reach 80, but generally for leveling survival-oriented specs are preferred).

For AddOns, copy the AddOn folder to your WoW folder > Interface > AddOns. You will be able to activate said AddOn (if it doesn't automatically activate) on the character selection screen. The four core addons to have for WotLK imo are GearScore (simply because everyone uses it/asks for it), AtlasLoot, Deadly Boss Mods, and Omen, with Skada/Recount being nice to have as well but not exactly required.

There are several new player guides here, though they can be a bit tricky to find, for example:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=346185