1. July 8, 2020  

Worth reporting low level ninja loot?

Hello. I wanted to ask is it worth reporting low level ninja looters? A tank rolled for a int and spirit ring and gave it to the healer. I was second highest in the roll as a matter of fact. I was then kicked out of the dungeon for arguing about it. So will he get banned or will it get ignored as it was a lower level dungeon ? I have the screenshot of it as well.

2. July 8, 2020  
    If you have proper proof you can report them and he will get banned. One screenshot will not be sufficient.

3. Yes you can report it, Low level dungeons gives 2-3 days bann I think and at 80 the penalty is longer.

4. Maybe the healer deserved it more, and the tank just felt sympathetic.

What class were you?

5. There is no such thing as "this person needs it more so I'm going to help them get it."

The tank rolled on a piece of caster gear - that's ninja looting, end of story.

Take this situation. There is a mage and a priest in a group. The priest has no rings. The mage has two with 6 int 6 spirit. A 7 int 6 spirit ring drops. The mage and priest has the exact same right to getting the item, as it's an upgrade for both of them. Just because the priest doesn't have rings at all doesn't give his tank buddy the right to take the item from the mage and give it to the him.

Would it be fair for the mage to give it to the priest? Yes. Does he HAVE to? No, it's an upgrade for him.

6. That's very true. I've seen multiple times situation where both friends (always tank and healer) rolled 'need' on item, just to maximalize chance of getting it, whether it was item with spell power for healer/caster dps or item with strength for tank/melee dps. It can be annoying as hell.
    The problem is: on the one hand it's (personally for me) not worth it to report, it takes some time and patience and 2-day ban seems not satisfaying. On the other hand, that kind of players deserve ban. I imagine people like these are also potential ninjas in raids, so it's better to teach them goddamn rules while doing stupid underbog rather than icc.

7. That's very true. I've seen multiple times situation where both friends (always tank and healer) rolled 'need' on item, just to maximalize chance of getting it, whether it was item with spell power for healer/caster dps or item with strength for tank/melee dps. It can be annoying as hell.
    The problem is: on the one hand it's (personally for me) not worth it to report, it takes some time and patience and 2-day ban seems not satisfaying. On the other hand, that kind of players deserve ban. I imagine people like these are also potential ninjas in raids, so it's better to teach them goddamn rules while doing stupid underbog rather than icc.
    You can always think of what will happen, if you don't report and what if you do. I don't often report for my own sake, I usually do it so that others won't be screwed over in the future.

If you don't report:
    They will continue needing on items for each other, giving other players disadvantage on rolls. 2 chances are better than one. They will most likely continue doing this at level 80 as well. Can you think how many people they'll screw over for a loot if they do 5-10 RDF's a day. That's 15-30 players per day.

What if you report:
    They won't be needing on items for few days. Other players are free of this ninja duo, and have their fair chances on rolling an item. One can only assume they'd learn from this and stop doing it. Or they continue and somebody reports them again, this time a bit longer duration on successful report. Perhaps they'll learn now.

Do I bother with RDF ninja reports? Depends on how the situation went. If they're respectful when addressing the issue, and act fair and "do the good deed", I won't bother with a report. If the player acts disrespectfully, selfishly, and generally not being nice, I might make a report.

Few examples:
    Player A needs seemingly on everything he can -> Give a friendly advice/reminder of rules/warning -> Player A continues -> Report time.
    Player A needs seemingly on everything he can -> Give a friendly advice/reminder of rules/warning -> Player A stops needing -> No report.
    Tank and DPS needs on an tank item -> DPS doesn't pass over the item -> Report.
    Tank and DPS needs on an tank item -> DPS gives the item to tank -> No report.

8. 2-day ban seems not satisfaying.
    Maybe you would prefer as a punishment for them to be drawn and quartered?
    It is simple ninjaing not 1st degree murder. A few days ban is completely fine.