1. July 8, 2020  

At what point is multi-boxing in PVP harassment?

Hi all, mainly horde player here on Frostmourne.

For some context, I don't really care about multi-boxing for farming or even to troll BGs, both factions can do it. I also have a alliance character to pvp with, so I can always switch. But at what point, for the community and GMs, is taking control of a whole area with multi-boxers harassment?

Just entered WG from Dalaran portal, and the usual Alliance shammy & druid multi-boxer is there in one spot to troll people. Its expected, I don't think anyone really cares. But now, there is a DK multi-boxer set scripted to stand around the area to death grip anyone trying to fly around.

So people can still get by, and feel bad for being trolled, but its not the end of the world.

My question for the forums and the GMs is simple: At what point is taking over WG, or mabye a major city, or leveling zone with multi-boxers harassment? At what point is multi-boxing harassment (not targeted, overall harassment) compared to a regular account?

Is it when you can't physically go to VOA anymore in WG because they are on the teleporter? Or is it when you can't enter (not quest, enter) a contested area because of a bunch of roaming multi-boxers? Or is it when all major cities but Dalaran are taken over? Let me know what you guys think.

While I don't think its important, I'll say my opinion if anyone asks. I think if an organized group of the same amount of people can't fight against a script and it stops people from experiencing the game, then its only in Warmane's interest to keep the multi-boxers if they donate more than regular people. So it wouldn't matter if it actual is harassment unless enough people stand up against the accounts.

Please let me know your thoughts below, and hopefully we can get this post trending!

2. July 8, 2020  
    Doing PvP in a PvP zone is not considered harassment at any point. You can compare a multiboxer to a 40 man raid. If a 40 man raid went there to gank people, it would not be considered harassment. So a multiboxer doing the same isn't harassment either.

If the multiboxer doesn't let you reach something, you can make a raid to fight against him. It might not be easy but it's possible. An organized raid can beat a multiboxer with similar amount of characters if they attack together.

3. July 8, 2020  
    Thank you for the reply!

I actually agree a lot with this idea. The community at large has a responsibility to attack together when they need or see interest in reaching something.

My follow-up question to your point is this: If multiple multi boxers came together, or a multi boxer could run an absurd amount of accounts and a script, would your same point apply then? Is there a point (there may not be) at which large PVP zones becomes one faction branding together to fight one (or a few) people instead of the goal of large player interaction?

Some people, in an effort against it, will make their own multi box accounts and take up spots. I don't think this type of culture fosters the growth of a server, but it could be very profitable.

4. July 8, 2020  
    There is nothing about it in the rules. Multiboxers can use as many characters as they want and multiple multiboxers can work together. As long as they are not breaking any other rules.

Edit: It might start being an issue if it causes instability for the whole server. So I guess that's where the limit is. But that should not happen til there are hundreds of characters in one location.
    Edited: July 8, 2020

5. July 8, 2020  
    I totally understand it in the rules, you can multibox on retail servers also.

Can the rules be changed? Can the server owners and others change the rules so they can create a more profitable environment? Can they do the same to foster a better culture?

If so, then enough of the community can come together to speak at what needs to be changed. Its still up to the owners to change the rules, especially if there is a profit incentive. How do others feel about this?

6. July 8, 2020  
    No. They are not accepting such suggestions.

Suggestion section rules

Multiboxing - Our policies regarding multiboxing aren't up to discussion. If we decide to change them, we will do so of our own accord. We are more than aware of any and all arguments you might want to make about it.

7. July 8, 2020  
    I totally understand it in the rules, you can multibox on retail servers also.

Can the rules be changed? Can the server owners and others change the rules so they can create a more profitable environment? Can they do the same to foster a better culture?

If so, then enough of the community can come together to speak at what needs to be changed. Its still up to the owners to change the rules, especially if there is a profit incentive. How do others feel about this?
    they can, but they won't. they've made their stance quite clear on boxing, to the point of it being on the do not suggest list http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=241277
    "Multiboxing - Our policies regarding multiboxing aren't up to discussion. If we decide to change them, we will do so of our own accord. We are more than aware of any and all arguments you might want to make about it."

and them making it against the forum rules to make threads specifically to complain about them http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=301141
    "#15: Complaints about Multi-boxing -- Hostility towards the server or other members due to the subject of multi-boxing is considered inappropriate. It is an allowed and supported play-style of this game, and the mistreatment of others for it is forbidden. Moderation action taken will depend upon the severity of the action and if the member has a history of offenses. Feel free to read about our stance on multiboxing here."

boxers are something players will simply have to learn to live with.

8. July 8, 2020  
    Thanks for the info!

Well it's the private server life. I'll think about multi-boxing myself, I would like some time to farm for mats.

I won't be replying to this thread for the time being then

9. Amazed this post was allowed to continue seeing as any post I've seen on this forum asking for a discussion about multiboxing in pvp is normally deleted within a day.

10. Staff probably haven't seen it yet.