1. July 8, 2020  

Affliction bugged, or nerfed

Doing much less damage, on frostmourne realm. Have tested same buffs, and same raid comp. Started noticing this dps decrease a couple weeks ago. Anyone else confirm. Doesn't make sense to be going from doing 7.4k dps to 6.8k consistently

2. Best DPS from affli I have seen on this server was 9,5k DPS on Patch 25 like 1 or 2 weeks ago. If they saved BL for execution phase, 10k is possible. BiS affli lock who is getting tricks and BL on execution phase can pull 10k easilly. Thats how it was on Sunwell and Lordaeron, and its same on Frostmourne here.
    So no idea where to problem is, but I dont think its realm related.

3. 9.5k dps in naxx gear how? Got any SS or vids? And I don't know if it is realm related, just mentioning what realm I played on.
    Edited: July 11, 2020

4. 9.5k dps in naxx gear how? Got any SS or vids? And I don't know if it is realm related, just mentioning what realm I played on.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/673678288?t=01h53m25s
    With BL Under 25% 10k is easilly possible

5. Top ally guild is all destro, no afflic.. Anyways wow, I've done is 8k as destro. But I'm playing on ally and with bad ping, around (300ms) on my spells... but it's just hard to wrap my head around 9.5k dps, maybe if I was orc and very low ping I guess.
    Edited: July 11, 2020

6. Quite easily he sais, well, Prepotting with 2 different flasks, Save racial for drain soul, Pop speed potion for drain soul phase, Get lucky as hell with Trinket, Eradication and Cloak enchant all proccing at drain soul phase, Still not doing 10K DPS and still got beaten by a Demo warlock.
    No one does BL under 25% anymore or even at 30-40% cause it's a waste of raid DPS, unless you're at a specific boss that you want to push last phase like Sindragosa.

If you're playing with 300ms I feel sorry for you, I'm at 34ms, Latency place a huge role in the ammount of dmg or healing you can do.
    I'm not sure how Frostmourne feels right now when you raid but Icecrown have a huge delay on spells ever since the new system warmane implemented, not that it's supposed to work like that but as a side effect it's like playing with 500 ms, My Resto shaman throws 2 heals at the same time it used to take to throw 4.
    This is specially noticeable in ICC for some reason, and it's affecting spell casters more then melees, Except Frost DK's and Feral druids, you can't keep rotation up with this delay.

I tried out different servers before Frostmourne came out who had the same progression at Naxx and I allways went Affliction because of it's reputation of being best, I never did pull such amasing numbers as some claims, and I played affli here on Warmane since 2009 so I know my affliction.
    Everyone else rolled Demo or Destro and I just BARERLY managed to out dps them, Just like this video you're posting.
    The core Warlock was allways Demo, and theyallways got prio on gear for A being demo and B highest rank warlock, Only after I got my full BiS gear could I outdps the Demo for the first time.
    Maybe it was different scripting on different server but at this day and age 12 years later most stuff works on wotlk private servers.
    Edited: July 12, 2020

7. Quite easily he sais, well, Prepotting with 2 different flasks, Save racial for drain soul, Pop speed potion for drain soul phase, Get lucky as hell with Trinket, Eradication and Cloak enchant all proccing at drain soul phase, Still not doing 10K DPS and still got beaten by a Demo warlock.
    No one does BL under 25% anymore or even at 30-40% cause it's a waste of raid DPS, unless you're at a specific boss that you want to push last phase like Sindragosa.

If you're playing with 300ms I feel sorry for you, I'm at 34ms, Latency place a huge role in the ammount of dmg or healing you can do.
    I'm not sure how Frostmourne feels right now when you raid but Icecrown have a huge delay on spells ever since the new system warmane implemented, not that it's supposed to work like that but as a side effect it's like playing with 500 ms, My Resto shaman throws 2 heals at the same time it used to take to throw 4.
    This is specially noticeable in ICC for some reason, and it's affecting spell casters more then melees, Except Frost DK's and Feral druids, you can't keep rotation up with this delay.

I tried out different servers before Frostmourne came out who had the same progression at Naxx and I allways went Affliction because of it's reputation of being best, I never did pull such amasing numbers as some claims, and I played affli here on Warmane since 2009 so I know my affliction.
    Everyone else rolled Demo or Destro and I just BARERLY managed to out dps them, Just like this video you're posting.
    The core Warlock was allways Demo, and theyallways got prio on gear for A being demo and B highest rank warlock, Only after I got my full BiS gear could I outdps the Demo for the first time.
    Maybe it was different scripting on different server but at this day and age 12 years later most stuff works on wotlk private servers.
    If you are getting out dpsed by destro or demo lock as affli, you should propably roll easier spec. Only on Malygos and Thadius you should be under destro. Evety top guild is playing 4, 5 or even more affli locks and 1 demo for T7 and T8 tier. Affli is simply best single target spec in the game until ToC. And BL under 25% is just for warlocks so they can pull huge numbers., its not good for progression when you need to min max DPS.

The difference between good and bad affliction warlock in terms of DPS is huge, thats why many new players rend to think destro or demo are better specs.

8. If you are getting out dpsed by destro or demo lock as affli, you should propably roll easier spec. Only on Malygos and Thadius you should be under destro. Evety top guild is playing 4, 5 or even more affli locks and 1 demo for T7 and T8 tier. Affli is simply best single target spec in the game until ToC. And BL under 25% is just for warlocks so they can pull huge numbers., its not good for progression when you need to min max DPS.

The difference between good and bad affliction warlock in terms of DPS is huge, thats why many new players rend to think destro or demo are better specs.
    You also said this.

Best DPS from affli I have seen on this server was 9,5k DPS on Patch 25 like 1 or 2 weeks ago.

If hes the "Highest you seen" and still got out dps'd on patchwerk from a demo lock, I mean, hes almost full bis Affliction to.
    I played Affliction for over a decade, and you don't even se the difference of a Demo and Affliction, Funny guy.

Just out of curiousity though, What makes Destro benefit so much more on Thadius and Malygos? Are you refering to the damage increase abilities? Because every single class in game benefits exactly the same from a flat 10% (or more) damage increase.

9. You also said this.

If hes the "Highest you seen" and still got out dps'd on patchwerk from a demo lock, I mean, hes almost full bis Affliction to.
    I played Affliction for over a decade, and you don't even se the difference of a Demo and Affliction, Funny guy.

Just out of curiousity though, What makes Destro benefit so much more on Thadius and Malygos? Are you refering to the damage increase abilities? Because every single class in game benefits exactly the same from a flat 10% (or more) damage increase.
    You smoke crack? First 4 locks are affli, you cant even see demo in the DMG meter.

On Malygos you dont have execution phase (????? affli main for a decade btw, what a joke XD) and on Thadius destro just work a little bit better, no idea why. Sone of our locks are switching to destro on Thadius and always doing lot more DMG than afflis.

You clearly have little to no knowledge about the current tiers, so why you try and act smart lol.

10. The names on grid and dmg meters dosent add up, When u check dmg meter it shows Demo - Affli - Destro, as accordingly to the icons represented before the names, when you check the characters on armory you can se they have representive offspeccs so they could infact swap from whatever boss to boss, At first I didnt even check the dots on the boss, I donnu why he shows them as Destro and Demo on the damage meter though, that's what confused me.

After further investigation you can tell why Demo isn't shown, http://armory.warmane.com/character/...mourne/summary
    Hes running with 7 blue items while the other locks run around with bis or close to bis gear.
    Even at Gluth hes nr 9 with that crap gear as Demo.
    Get a video of a good Demo lock VS affliction al you'll se for yourself. Demo Warlocks are insanely powerfull in T7.

11. Can comfirm affli is stronger than demo / destru / hybrid. We play at ~10 wlock in my guild and we are all doing ~9k+ on patchw with a bl at start and ~2min fight every weeks. Demo, destru and hybrid are close to 8k5 with full bis gear. With god rng on eradication procs and all ToT/PI on you, you can probably do 10k in affliction.
    All spec are still rly strong and pretty close

12. Affliction is considered to be the top single target dps spec for lock. However in T7/T8 because of demo/hybrids high base dmg spells, they are capable to match or even overcome afflictions output.
    However this is mostly encounter related, because topping dmg as demo / hybrid requires you of getting constant decimation procs. Thus only on addfights demo/hybrid can really shine and placing good immolation auras is crucial as well, requiring to know the encounter.

13. Quite easily he sais, well, Prepotting with 2 different flasks, Save racial for drain soul, Pop speed potion for drain soul phase, Get lucky as hell with Trinket, Eradication and Cloak enchant all proccing at drain soul phase, Still not doing 10K DPS and still got beaten by a Demo warlock.

I haven't played icecrown, but I def feel a delay in spells. I am from canada and my ping is 150, but using quartz, the MS on my spells is always 300+.. it's hard for me to judge my dps and play it to the max potential.

But I don't understand why I can't pull 9k as afflic, I've done lots of research on afflic and know down to the brim what to do... double pot, refresh corruption @35%, snapshot drain soul with eradication proc.. etc.

I think it is cause of being ally (bad racials) and combined with my lack of good ping makes me not pull the numbers these horde players are doing.

Does anyone know what numbers the top ally players are pulling and with what spec?
    Edited: July 14, 2020

14. I'm also pretty surprised to hear that hybrid is comparable to demo and destro. I did some research and found out that with the new core, hybrid was fixed and did less damage and wasn't very good anymore.

15. I'm also pretty surprised to hear that hybrid is comparable to demo and destro. I did some research and found out that with the new core, hybrid was fixed and did less damage and wasn't very good anymore.
    Yeah that was a long time ago, reason was that "Decimation" proccs was double dipping on the haste so you casted Soulfire's twise as fast, Demo warlocks was very strong engame too at this time.

300 MS is horrible, and I can tell you right away that's the reason you loose at least 1k dps if not even more, being Horde helps out too with the racials but not nearly enough as having good latency.

I have played with many American players in the past and we did a lot of tests to se what the difference is between 2 exactly same geared people and both was like, really pro with their class so there wasen't such big skill difference, and the DPS difference was staggering, Latency plays a huge roll in this game.
    We used to have 2 retribution paladins, both really skilled long time players, both at bis gear, 1 with 30 MS and 1 with 250 MS, The dps difference was around 2K every single fight, this was at bis gear so they both had like 6,9k Gs.
    The biggest difference was Healers, due to how fast the Tanks can take damage and how slow reaction the healers got from the huge MS made it very hard, They had to constantly spam heals to counter the reaction time, mana wasting, but atleast the raid survived.
    Edited: July 14, 2020

12 Last