1. July 9, 2020  

Best mage spec?

Been doing a lot of dungeons and raids recently to up my gear. Currently at 4.5k GS, but I was wondering, what spec is best for dps in dungeons and raids? been using frost and the proc crits are great. But any suggestioms? should I re-spec?

2. July 9, 2020  
    Arcane is the best at lower gears, TTW-Fire is the best endgame. There are also the Frostfire specs if you want Fire with a flavor of Frost (they're kinda inferior to Fire but are quite fun).

Pure Frost unfortunately is often viewed as unviable lategame (Deep Freeze is fun :( ) so yes, I would recommend respeccing to one of the above options.

3. There are also the Frostfire specs if you want Fire with a flavor of Frost (they're kinda inferior to Fire but are quite fun).
    Whatever you do, NEVER play frostfire. Only the 3 points in ttw + 1 point in FM (12% damage+6% crit) are enough to outweigh Icy Veins. Icy Shards doesn't affect anything except Frostfire bolt and every other talent except Cold Snap is utter garbage in the frost tree. Level a warrior, put 5 points in Unbridled Wrath and call it a day if you wanna spec into useless stuff.

Fun factor? You're doing exactly the same thing as Fire but you're using Frostfirebolt instead of Fireball and you're pulling 5k less dps than everybody else. That doesn't sound fun. Icy veins doesn't count as " doing something extra" since you'll never use it outside of Mirror Images so might as well just macro it.

There's also a great chance of getting spit on randomly during raids for not giving your mage buddy FM. A mage without FM is like Raifury without a webcam.

4. Whatever you do, NEVER play frostfire. Only the 3 points in ttw + 1 point in FM (12% damage+6% crit) are enough to outweigh Icy Veins. Icy Shards doesn't affect anything except Frostfire bolt and every other talent except Cold Snap is utter garbage in the frost tree. Level a warrior, put 5 points in Unbridled Wrath and call it a day if you wanna spec into useless stuff.

Fun factor? You're doing exactly the same thing as Fire but you're using Frostfirebolt instead of Fireball and you're pulling 5k less dps than everybody else. That doesn't sound fun. Icy veins doesn't count as " doing something extra" since you'll never use it outside of Mirror Images so might as well just macro it.

There's also a great chance of getting spit on randomly during raids for not giving your mage buddy FM. A mage without FM is like Raifury without a webcam.
    You're blowing it way out of proportion... But I agree with your point. Your last remark was spot on :D.