1. July 9, 2020  

80 gear question

Hey all! No hit 80 not too long ago. My current GS is 3.9k, just using gear drops i get from RHD, but i have a question and just want to see if im on the right path or if im wrong. So is the idea to farm EoT and EoF, purchase T9 gears (Windrunner) with EoT then save up the EoF for T10 (Ahn'Kahar) then upgrade that to Sanctified?

2. July 9, 2020  
    Yes, that's pretty much how it works. Well, new players buy some weird stuff for more "GS" and exchange EoF to EoT, but they are clueless and that's alright.

3. Soooo do i invest my EoT into anything atm? I mean i got told to buy Dragon Brooding Helm then get Shoulders, Chest and Legs from AH then spam RHC and Raids for EoF to get t10 gear? Im so lost, im being told millions of things. Im legit too scared to buy gear from anything now as im still confused as to what to do right now, and get.

4. Your goal is to be able to que RDF HC as soon as possible. Looking trough AH, crafting something might work. Like http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50444 it will cost you maybe 100g on AH and will last a long time, doesn't matter that it has tank stats on it, damage is well worth it.

Then you can que RDF HC and spam it, farm every EoT possible. for those EoT you buy T9 set. Also you will recieve 2 EoF everyday, that will go towards your T10 set later.

It is understandable to want to buy some "shoulders", but don't do that.
    (75 EoT) http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=47685
    (45 EoT) http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=47705

will never be as strong as(Tier 9 set)
    (50 EoT) http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=48277
    (30 EoT) http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=48279

And inferior choice costs 40 EoT more! I know, i know "but mah GS!!1". Don't worry about that, when you want to join some raid leader will take a quick look and will see "yee I see set, this guy knows stuff" instead of "eww this noob fell for GS trap, I bet he doesn't even know what is MD".

Also you don't have to get exactly those parts, you need 4/5 to have all set bonuses. So you can go farm POS, get http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=49824 pretty easy to get from last boss and use other 4 T9 items with it. Then after that you can farm some more EoT and replace helmet with that non-set "higher GS" one for 75 EoT. (tought to be honest I'm not sure it even gives you more dps, only "mah GS")

However there are things you can start to do now to gain EoF's. Like doing Daily RDF hc, do weekly "Must die!" raid quest. Probably you can do Vault of Arcavon too, with T9 set and offpieces from FoS/PoS/HoR will be enough gear to get in most of the time.

After all that you can start to think about T10 and ICC/RS Raids. But gear is not the only requirement there, you need to understand your class/spec, raid boss tactics.(read guides, learn boss spells, etc)
    Edited: July 11, 2020

5. Mate you are a legend! Seriously thank you so much for the help! Im really i guess stupid when it comes to this, especially being my first 80. Just trying to do things right the first time around.

I have 1 more question then ill leave you alone haha, but right now i can do RDF on Heroic, BUT i still cant access FoS even though im currently on the quest Echoes of Tortured Souls. Is there something im missing or doing wrong?

6. Not knowing things is normal when you start haha

Probably you need more gear, since FOS, POS, HOR Heroic version require you to have average itemlevel of 219 or more(plus quest ofc). You can go in interface, there should be option to enable "Show item level on items" or soemthing like that. Also quirk with RDF tool is that it counts both weapon slots into calculation, even if you have 2handed equipped and off-hand is "empty", I was scratching my head about why I cant que, tried dual wielding some reputation weapons and that averaged me out at 181 item level and I could instantly que RDF HC.

7. Hey guys, so iv hit 4.8k GS now with the help from you all so thank you so much! So what should i be doing now to hit that 5-6k mark? As of now im spamming RDF HC and doing FOS + POS when i can. Im not sure what or if i should be raiding now, and not sure how to get more EoF. I was told raids but i cant access raids? I spam chat but never get a group invite. So is there something else i should be doing?

Sorry for the constant spam, im slowly learning

8. Most efficient way would be :

Learning everything you can about your spec, I assume Marksman. Like what spells to use, stats to go for.

Learn everything you can about ICC and RS raids, each bosses spells, what you should do as a hunter on each boss. Watch some videos too so you have image. If you do this you are already 2 steps ahead of most players.

Join a "progression" guild where players are in the same position as you - starting out raiding and have mostly only theory knowledge what they have found on net. Dedicate one or more evenings to raid on a day/time that suits you.

Then, it's just a grind, clear as many bosses you can in ICC/RS every week, gear up. AS your guild gets better and better you will start to do some bosses Heroic, push it every week, more and more bosses Heroic until you realize you and your guild everyone is close to BiS gear and doing 12/12 Heroic every week. Well that's not going to happen in 2 weeks, will take a few months.

9. Yeah im MM. Iv watched heaps of videos and have a fair understanding of what my role is on bosses. I spam in chat 'LFG ICC, VOA, WEEKLY RAID 4.7K HUNTER, NEED EOF' pre much everyday im on and never find anything. Dont get any invites so i just farm resources and spam RDF until i get a chance i guess

Also i have a question. So i recently got some more weapon drops. I currently use the Rowans Rifle of Silver Bullets but i came across other guns and a xbow which gives me more Att,Power, etc BUT it reduces my GS by atleast 200 so i go back to 4.5k. Is it worth to keep using Rowans to keep the higher GS or sacrifice the GS for more power?

10. Your best bet is to find a guild, who can run you through TOC 10 NM at least, and later on, TOC 25/ICC 10 upon reaching ~5k gs, ICC 25/RS 25 at somewhere between 5.3-5.5k (obviously, the exact requirements will vary from guild to guild).

Without a guild (aka random/PUG raids), you'll find the gs values to be much more inflated (5k TOC 10, 5.4k for TOC 25, 5.5k (rarely 5.3k) for ICC 10, 5.8k+ for ICC 25 and RS 25), so it can get really slow.

In general, the final jump to 5k may need you to buy some BoEs from the Auction House (notably Wodin's Lucky Necklace, and if you have enough money then stuff like the Rock-Steady Treads or the leggings), or more items from Emblem of Triumph (such as the ilvl 245 ring and head slots - for the latter, make sure you still keep 4 t9 sets for the bonus).

As for your question, Rowan's sheer DPS stat makes it better than virtually all pre-ICC ranged weapons (somewhat comparable against the one from TOC 25, but I'd probably keep it for the gs until you can comfortably enter ICC without needing that extra bump)

11. What I observe is that you need to initiate with raid leaders or guilds, whisper them, most of them don't even read trade/global chats, so your message gets lost.

12. Okay im still on 4.7k GS BUT ran my first VOA today which was fun! And i just had a thought, im using a Polearm with 411 GS, should i switch out for 2 daggers or 2 1 hand axes just for GS boost?
    Edited: July 20, 2020

13. Okay im still on 4.7k GS BUT ran my first VOA today which was fun! And i just had a thought, im using a Polearm with 411 GS, should i switch out for 2 daggers or 2 1 hand axes just for GS boost?
    Dual wielding isn't bad, if the stats the daggers/axes provide you are good for you. If there's little difference between polearm and dual wielding in terms of stats, you can treat yourself for bit better gs.

14. Im kinda hit a wall in the game and mentally right now. Sitting at 4.8k GS, have 4 set T9, and still cant TOC or ICC or any raid. I spam all day, iv tried asking to join guilds, nothing. Its killed it for me right now, just standing around, spamming RDF HC for no reason and yelling for raids. So iv just made new characters and level them to try keep some sanity. But other then that i may take a break, find something i cant understand and progress in

15. As I mentioned above, if you can't find a guild, do professions/quests, get some gold, buy the leg + feet BoEs to jump yourself to 5k+ gs.

Unfortunately we can't really give you more concrete advice on gearing progression without knowing your exact situation, aka an Armory link or an ingame name.

12 Last