1. It's so sad to see these people accept that "it's just life, deal with it", because doing so gives validation to the toxic people in this world.
    The irony here is that it is actually exactly opposite. OP and, I guess, you give validation to these people. Like this whole topic, you make it out to be something that can actually hurt someone, telling people that they should be hurt by this. Currently no one gives a crap what some random guy tells them. Except those 3 players who cling on to it for a freaking month - that is just a symptom, their actual problem is somewhere else, no amount of bans will fix that.

If you think person saying some "mean things" in a videogame makes them filthy or cruel - that's clear indication that no one has been truly cruel or filthy towards you, you don't know what that actually means. But one day it will happen to you, like it happens with every person, then you will look at this ridiculous thing you posted and smile about how naive and innocent you were.

2. @angrylol, your entire response is subjective. "Currently no one gives a crap what some random guy tells them." Just because words said by others don't hurt you, they hurt other people. You need to open your heart to others because not everyone is like you. Why you choose to accept the people that put others down, I do not know.

"But one day it will happen to you." Is that suppose to scare me? I've dealt with the most vile of people in this world, and you're saying that because I've experienced pure evil, I'm supposed to all of a sudden accept the lesser evils? **** no, that doesn't even make sense.

Nothing you've said has sounded like anything other than cyber-bullying validation. I hope one day you find it in your heart to care for your brothers and sisters, and you can look back on this post and know you could've been better.

3. Hey Silverflos, I'm sorry for all the insensitive and disgusting responses many have given you to this post. It's so sad to see these people accept that "it's just life, deal with it", because doing so gives validation to the toxic people in this world.
    Most of these "toxic" players are just people who need their short burst of angry expressions seeking for attention, nothing more. If you're going to waste your time on crying about it, be my guest. I ain't going to give them what they want.
    Let the toxicity flow past you, don't take it in and shape you for the worse.

Being a toxic player isn't OK. We just know it's just easier to let things go/pass, rather than dwell on them. If the situation escalates without your provocation, use the ignore function. If he starts whispering from several alts, ignore them too. If he still continues, then make a report.

If people go and report every single little mean word said against them, staff won't have time for anything else. They'd be 24/7 using copy+paste answer to your tickets: "Ignore the player". Which YOU SHOULD'VE DONE IN THE 1ST PLACE.

I mean, ofc you could start educating people to be nice and hippies, but that's away from your own personal time. Doubt they'd be willing to learn in the 1st place, they would probably ignore you real quick, if you tried.

4. @OhieMitzen Thank you for being reasonable with your response. I like the way you choose to deal with it. In terms of what was actually said in this case, I believe there should be a line drawn somewhere, like telling someone to kill themselves. I personally see that as taboo as racism, which is also not allowed.

5. I have gotten TONS of these kinds of wispers in my days here and I take the opportunity to release some built up rage myself too when the hate wispers starts, most funny thing about it is that many times we both ended the discussion in a good way, how wierd and ****ed up that might seem.
    Most of these people just needs to release some steam, it's a side effect that happends a lot of players when playing too much PvP, Dota and LoL is even worse, Those games have some serious toxic playerbase.

Some guy cried out to blizz for banning him when he acted in a similar behaviour on retail, and I just personally love one of the resonses he got.

"Some people have an amazing ability to justify thier own behavior as acceptable no matter what and the people who constantly yell about social justice warriors tend to be those kinds of people, social injustice warriors. Lots of people decided they didn't like your behavior and you reaped the consequences of your actions. It isn't their fault that you behave that way. You made a decision, you get the consequences.
    I'd report you for saying what you said just for the lols of knowing you will get banned and come here to complain.
    You obviously are only going to tell us your side of the story and in your story you are always the one who is right and a victim of others. "
    Edited: July 13, 2020

6. @angrylol, your entire response is subjective. "Currently no one gives a crap what some random guy tells them." Just because words said by others don't hurt you, they hurt other people. You need to open your heart to others because not everyone is like you. Why you choose to accept the people that put others down, I do not know.
    I can say exactly the same, your opinion is subjective. I try to accept the world as it is. World where everyone is forced to "be nice" at a gunpoint is my nightmare, I will never be able to see the truth then.

"But one day it will happen to you." Is that suppose to scare me? I've dealt with the most vile of people in this world, and you're saying that because I've experienced pure evil, I'm supposed to all of a sudden accept the lesser evils? **** no, that doesn't even make sense.
    It is just a statement of a fact. And I call out your lies, if you would have dealt with such people you would understand that some lame attempt to provoke someone behind computer screen being bashful is laughable. Also, I don't think people are evil, being evil is not required to hurt someone. Some surface level compassion, especially from someone who doesnt understand it can do real harm. I think you are fake.

Nothing you've said has sounded like anything other than cyber-bullying validation. I hope one day you find it in your heart to care for your brothers and sisters, and you can look back on this post and know you could've been better.
    I would prefer, if I could, to give people actual tools to navigate trough this kind of environments instead of some fake compassion or gestapo dystopia crap that wont do jacks. Nice try, brother, but I wont fall for it and I wont repeat like a parrot some things you don't understand. Fact that it looks "compassionate" or "moral" on surface is a nice scam. Sorry you fell for it, there you go my heart and care for you.

7. One guy literally wished death to me and my family cause in his opinion I didnt made best in 3s soloq. He was banned tho, I reported it.

To all the people that are saying grow a spine or play single player - well, its not fair imo. We all know You can spot weird people online and irl, but there are some limits.

Lets compare it to work environment - its normal that from time to time someone gets mad, cursing, even tells You that You shoul'd F*** Yourself if You made an stupid mistake. But we should never ever justify such a things like death-wishing for player/family, or something about rape etc etc. Honestly, there are some boundaries that we should never cross. I would be really glad if ban-time for some hard examples (with strong evidences ofc) would be greatly increased.

I don't know why You are searching problems in victims - it leads nowhere. If someone can't handle MMO game and it makes him so mad that he gotta wish someone death or rape, he should be forbidden from any MMO till the rest of his days, cause its clearly not for him. Would highly reccommend to see a doctor as well, cause its really far from normal behaviour.

It's not like everyone gotta be nice to each other - Im not, irl or online. But even if I dont agree with someone, we have different views etc, I wont even think that something bad should happens to him.
    Edited: July 14, 2020

8. One guy literally wished death to me and my family cause in his opinion I didnt made best in 3s soloq. He was banned tho, I reported it.
    What makes you think he got banned?

9. One guy literally wished death to me and my family cause in his opinion I didnt made best in 3s soloq. He was banned tho, I reported it.

To all the people that are saying grow a spine or play single player - well, its not fair imo. We all know You can spot weird people online and irl, but there are some limits.

Lets compare it to work environment - its normal that from time to time someone gets mad, cursing, even tells You that You shoul'd F*** Yourself if You made an stupid mistake. But we should never ever justify such a things like death-wishing for player/family, or something about rape etc etc. Honestly, there are some boundaries that we should never cross. I would be really glad if ban-time for some hard examples (with strong evidences ofc) would be greatly increased.

I don't know why You are searching problems in victims - it leads nowhere. If someone can't handle MMO game and it makes him so mad that he gotta wish someone death or rape, he should be forbidden from any MMO till the rest of his days, cause its clearly not for him. Would highly reccommend to see a doctor as well, cause its really far from normal behaviour.

It's not like everyone gotta be nice to each other - Im not, irl or online. But even if I dont agree with someone, we have different views etc, I wont even think that something bad should happens to him.
    You missed one thing, he can press "Exit Game" at any time and it wont have any impact whatsoever, while if you do that in your workplace you wont have a bread. It is virtual environment, its anonymous and that means people let out their worst impulses because there is no consequences, apart from "players won't play with you". In real life if someone said to your face "kill your family and then yourself" you would break his nose, or at least walk away, and you can dismiss him as "unreasonable", since that actually is unreasonable. If someone in a workplace behaves like that he actually put other peoples livelyhood on the line, since one one can do their work. Those are real consequences and real actions are necessary.

I don't know, maybe this is a problem for people who were born "in internet", someting like that. They can't separate real life from online I guess, that's why they choose to be offended by the lamest reasons.

I have been told "kill yourself" well into thousands times, still here. Now what?

10. @angrylol, your entire response is subjective. "Currently no one gives a crap what some random guy tells them." Just because words said by others don't hurt you, they hurt other people. You need to open your heart to others because not everyone is like you. Why you choose to accept the people that put others down, I do not know.

You don't even know what the term cyberbulling is. And don't even copy-paste that wikipedia ****. Your actual name and details haven't been used a single time against you. You are just a nick name in a forum full of nick names. If you are unhappy with what some random nick name has posted, go out hit something, stay outside and communicate with real people (maybe than you will remember what bulling really is)

11. You missed one thing, he can press "Exit Game" at any time and it wont have any impact whatsoever, while if you do that in your workplace you wont have a bread. It is virtual environment, its anonymous and that means people let out their worst impulses because there is no consequences, apart from "players won't play with you". In real life if someone said to your face "kill your family and then yourself" you would break his nose, or at least walk away, and you can dismiss him as "unreasonable", since that actually is unreasonable. If someone in a workplace behaves like that he actually put other peoples livelyhood on the line, since one one can do their work. Those are real consequences and real actions are necessary.

I don't know, maybe this is a problem for people who were born "in internet", someting like that. They can't separate real life from online I guess, that's why they choose to be offended by the lamest reasons.

I have been told "kill yourself" well into thousands times, still here. Now what?
    Nothing. In 99% of cases You will just ignore it, thats all. But I will never justify this behaviour (even in MMO) and every step taken aganist it is a good step that I'll gladly welcome. In my opinion accepting something like this just because "that's how its always been" is not so good idea. Irl You can walk away too, but still its forbidden by law to threaten people even with words, right?

We are in game, so just because You don't see other's people face, doesn't mean You can harrass him. Its even worse, cause it shows what a big coward You are, cause probably 99% of these people wont say these things to the face. And sorry, im not treating "playing bad in bg" or arena etc as ANY reason at all to harrass people. Cyber bullying is just as real thing as bullying irl and it should be punished. For me there is no a big difference if someone is threatening me in face, via phone, sms, facebook, an forum or online game. Its still an human being in the end.

What makes you think he got banned?
    I've made in-game ticket as far as I remember and I got message from GM, I don't remember actuall text, but it was something like that:
    "Thank You for Your report. Our staff recognized this behaviour as violent and we drow a consequences from his action. We are glad that You helped us keeping toxic behavious out of game"

Obviously its not 1:1 to what I recieved in ticket response, but was quite similiar. So I think that means this guy got banned. For sure it didn't looked like automatic response

12. Nothing. In 99% of cases You will just ignore it, thats all. But I will never justify this behaviour (even in MMO) and every step taken aganist it is a good step that I'll gladly welcome. In my opinion accepting something like this just because "that's how its always been" is not so good idea. Irl You can walk away too, but still its forbidden by law to threaten people even with words, right?

We are in game, so just because You don't see other's people face, doesn't mean You can harrass him. Its even worse, cause it shows what a big coward You are, cause probably 99% of these people wont say these things to the face. And sorry, im not treating "playing bad in bg" or arena etc as ANY reason at all to harrass people. Cyber bullying is just as real thing as bullying irl and it should be punished. For me there is no a big difference if someone is threatening me in face, via phone, sms, facebook, an forum or online game. Its still an human being in the end.
    Yeah yeah, go on a grand agenda crusade, purge the world from "bad behaviour", we have seen that, it doesn't work, learn some history. I hope you realize how ridiculous that concept is. Usually these crusades ends with lots of people dead, lets say banned in this context. And what if the guy gets banned, "kills himself" because only thing that keeps him alive is venting some crap in online world where he cant hurt anyone? Will you take responsibility for that? I bet you didnt even think that far, only "bad words bad, ban bad people".

And cyber-bullying is a word politicians use to get elected. No one knows wtf that is, because it doesn't exist so they are afraid of it. If you get "bullied" online you have 100% control. Press "Close" and it ends right there. Also person can learn a bit, why such behaviour, they wont even need to /ignore or exit the game, they will just look at those people with pity - here, ACTUAL tool to not get "cyber-bullied", that will make person stronger, smarter and better. Putting them into safe bubbles will just make them cry next time something doesnt go like they wanted, then what? Speaking with someone is bannable because they might interpret that as an insult or something? Killing player in PvP should be bannable because that made them "kill themelves" ? This whole crap goes into some nightmare loopyland of terror.

13. Yeah yeah, go on a grand agenda crusade, purge the world from "bad behaviour", we have seen that, it doesn't work, learn some history. I hope you realize how ridiculous that concept is. Usually these crusades ends with lots of people dead, lets say banned in this context. And what if the guy gets banned, "kills himself" because only thing that keeps him alive is venting some crap in online world where he cant hurt anyone? Will you take responsibility for that? I bet you didnt even think that far, only "bad words bad, ban bad people".

And cyber-bullying is a word politicians use to get elected. No one knows wtf that is, because it doesn't exist so they are afraid of it. If you get "bullied" online you have 100% control. Press "Close" and it ends right there. Also person can learn a bit, why such behaviour, they wont even need to /ignore or exit the game, they will just look at those people with pity - here, ACTUAL tool to not get "cyber-bullied", that will make person stronger, smarter and better. Putting them into safe bubbles will just make them cry next time something doesnt go like they wanted, then what? Speaking with someone is bannable because they might interpret that as an insult or something? Killing player in PvP should be bannable because that made them "kill themelves" ? This whole crap goes into some nightmare loopyland of terror.
    Thats just an opinion, I dont see any fact here. Just like mine. Am I talking about crusade? No, Im talking about changing it with small steps, one by one. According to Your logic we dont need police, cause even when someone will attack You on streets, You can always turn away and run, so whats the problem, right? And if someone spits on Your face, You can always hit him or, as before, run away, so why bother? That's how You're making any rules/laws. Make a first concept, its aint perfect and some people are avoiding it, so You are making some changes, some more restrictions, it looks better, still people find an way to exploit, so You gotta still upgrade it etc etc etc. Step by step, to the acceptable (not perfect, cause it will never be perfect) state.

Cyber-bullying in political elections? Honestly, there were maybe few cases when it was used. Killing someone in game which is based on faction war - no. Wishing him death? yea. Just like in box or MMA. You have opponents/rivals, but not enemies. Once fight is over, they cross hands and thanks each other. Thats all.

Once again, argument that "it was also like that" is not any argument at all. As a society we are evolving and we are changing things, so we can all live a better life. If You dont want it, go back to prehistoric era, claim an cave and fight with Your neighbours for domination using stick and stones.

And Im not for keeping people in bubles, thats bad. But I wont accept an mongoloids screaming and harrasing others just because they can, cause they gotta compensate something.

14. Thats just an opinion, I dont see any fact here.
    You don't get it, Angrylol loves drama and toxicity, it's what keeps him (and many others) going.
    Hell I love drama in this game too because guess what, Don't take it serious, it is after all, "Just a game".
    No matter how much this discussion keeps going, You're in the end just going to receive the answer "Use ignore function".
    And just for the record, Wishing someone to death isn't illegal at all, it's not considered a threat, Inappropriate yes, but that's it.

15. You don't get it, Angrylol loves drama and toxicity, it's what keeps him (and many others) going.
    Hell I love drama in this game too because guess what, Don't take it serious, it is after all, "Just a game".
    No matter how much this discussion keeps going, You're in the end just going to receive the answer "Use ignore function".
    And just for the record, Wishing someone to death isn't illegal at all, it's not considered a threat, Inappropriate yes, but that's it.
    I strongly think we should keep telling such individuals to use the Ignore function

First 123 Last