1. How long to be good in pvp

I'm playing a MM, good decent gear (6.3k+)

i used to b a pve player, now that I killed LOD I want new challenge

I started to play arena but its SO FKCING HARD cmpared to pve

how much time should an average player play before being able to play decently?

2. ps: it's not a "i got the bigest dick" topic, please be honest in ur answer. I have fun doing pvp, but i want to know if its worth to spend time trying to improve my skill or if i should play another game ^^

3. PvP takes a loooong time to become good at, Like a really long time, I would say it goes faster if you try all the classes and speccs so you know what you're up against and how the enemy class is being played in general.
    1v1 outside the capital city is something you should start with to get the feeling of your class, don't be ashamed if you loose a lot, EVERYONE does at first.
    2v2 is the next step, preferebly with a healer if you're new, Double DPS teams is harder in terms of coordination and timing of cc's.
    3v3 and 5v5 is NOT something you should jump into first thing, it's for skilled PvP players in general (if you want to reach good mmr that is), I se a lot of people do the opposite though and jump straight into 3v3.

Just remember 1 thing, You become better as a player from facing strong opponents, Every death is a learning experience, so se it as a good thing instead of getting angry and frustrated, No one becomes a better player by facerolling plebs.

4. That depends on you.
    How familiar are you with your own class?
    How familiar are you with other classes?
    How quick are you to learn new things, and memorize them?
    How much time you spend each day practicing?

It might not even take a week or two to play decently. Growing from that point forward will take longer time.

5. 1) Learn and know the effects of all your and your pet spells and abilities.
    2) Read some guide, watch videos, procure yourself the important macros and addons.
    3) keybind EVERY important spell and macro.
    4) Use only the keybinds to cast spells, don't click them. Use QWEASD and your mouse to move, use only your mouse to turn the camera, never backpaddle and keyboard turn.
    5) Pratice a lot of pvp, mainly duels, learn how to deal vs each class and most common pvp specs.
    6) Leave arenas for last, when you will feel pretty decent and comfortable enough in duels and bgs. Arenas are a different world, usually more difficult, it's way better to start them after you have a good grasp of the PvP.

Those are imho the important steps, with them and daily pratice you can be pretty decent in few weeks.

6. Yeah pve experience barely translates over to PvP. New players are very predictable and easily countered to where they'll cry the game is rigged or blame SM.