1. Best Gathering Prof Combo?

Hey all!

I usually always run Mining + Skinning to make pretty good money while leveling (on 1x servers I'm usually able to afford dual spec long before 40 because gathering proffs are so lucrative)

I'm just wondering, maybe this time round' - Herbalism and Skinning? I know Herbs are much more frequent than mineral nodes, but I also know Herbs start out pretty cheap (50s per stack of Peacebloom vs. 6g per stack of Copper Bars for example) and get higher as you get to the higher level herbs.

idk, what do you think? Maybe just change of pace? I'd like to make the maximum amount of gold too though :/

2. Mining will give a lot better profit than Herbalism, since Engineering is the best profession for most specs so most raiders need to level it up at some point. However there is only a few alchemists in a guild, that is why you can only make gold with Herbalism in Northrend.

I would say to only take Herbalism if that is your planned gold making when you hit 80.

3. Mining will give a lot better profit than Herbalism, since Engineering is the best profession for most specs so most raiders need to level it up at some point. However there is only a few alchemists in a guild, that is why you can only make gold with Herbalism in Northrend.

I would say to only take Herbalism if that is your planned gold making when you hit 80.
    Very true.

Gonna stick with the ole' Mining + Skinning combo on the journey to 80 ^-^.

4. Hey all!

I usually always run Mining + Skinning to make pretty good money while leveling (on 1x servers I'm usually able to afford dual spec long before 40 because gathering proffs are so lucrative)

I'm just wondering, maybe this time round' - Herbalism and Skinning? I know Herbs are much more frequent than mineral nodes, but I also know Herbs start out pretty cheap (50s per stack of Peacebloom vs. 6g per stack of Copper Bars for example) and get higher as you get to the higher level herbs.

idk, what do you think? Maybe just change of pace? I'd like to make the maximum amount of gold too though :/

It might be true that you can afford stuff, but you're losing a lot of time. Mining is a pain to skill while you are actually leveling yourself. Not only does it cost you a lot of time to constantly detrack without having a epic mount speed, its also time consuming just keep your mining skill in line with your current level, you will quickly find yourself in a questing zone where you can no longer find copper veins but yet you still need copper veils to skill your mining, so you gonna have to backtrack, again without any proper mount speed.

It is possible to skill mining and herb while leveling without sacreficing too much time, but its more of a art, something only really experienced players can achieve, for casual or novice players, i kinda recommend to simply postpone proffession until later in th game. Quests and auction rare stuff, and money shouldnt be too much of an issue.
    Edited: July 18, 2020