1. Toxic community?

Is it me or are so many people on this server toxic? I can't count the amount of times i've been flamed by a healer or a tank for making a small mistake, but when they make a mistake they say nothing. I've been trying to que up random dungeons and do fos/pos/hor but every time i get into a group there's always some toxic d-bag who goes on some racist *** tyraid about they're the best player and everyone who is below them in terms of GS is straight garbage, or if we wipe they'll just say "garbage team" then typically grief by either needing everything or leaving the que, which is a pain cause tanks and healers seem to be in low supply at least when you're tryna do rdf for lich king heroics. I do my best to ignore them and report but that only goes a a short way. I feel like if it includes anything about grinding emblems or trying to get better gear there's so many people who **** their pants over a game and displace their anger onto people in their group. It hasn't even been recent. It's been since I started playing on this server about a year and a half ago? Even at low levels people are so toxic and one mistake throws them into a frenzy. I cannot comprehend it.

2. You need to find a guild/people with whom you enjoy playing, that will solve the problem for you.

As far as randoms go, you will meet some ferals from time to time, that's just how it works.

3. That's the life of every free to play game, they get infested with these children who got raised by the internet and look up to trolls as rolemodels. Don't worry they will grow up some day, until then you gotta act mature and just ignore them, giving them attention only makes it worse.

4. Is it me or are so many people on this server toxic? I can't count the amount of times i've been flamed by a healer or a tank for making a small mistake, but when they make a mistake they say nothing.
    Problem is that the server has been here for so long people expect that you already know all dungeon tactics. And you have to realize that are dps so you are more or less expendable since waiting for one in rdf takes no more than a minute.
    Tho them not owning to their mistakes is pretty scummy.

I've been trying to que up random dungeons and do fos/pos/hor but every time i get into a group there's always some toxic d-bag who goes on some racist *** tyraid about they're the best player and everyone who is below them in terms of GS is straight garbage, or if we wipe they'll just say "garbage team" then typically grief by either needing everything or leaving the que, which is a pain cause tanks and healers seem to be in low supply at least when you're tryna do rdf for lich king heroics.
    Where do you find such *****s so often? I have seen maybe one racist moron this year in rdf, and since he was a dps we kicked him instantly. And I've don a ton of rdf HCs.

5. Just treat the toxic players with the value they have, which is a 0. They offer you nothing, why should you offer them anything. "But I don't want to kick a tank, RDF queues are way too long!" Well, ignore him then, permanently or for the duration of RDF.

Those elitist ... jerks who thinks they're better than everybody else, just remember that their lives are shallow as numbers on recount.

6. Young kids are unstable, their hormones goes crazy, they can't think like normal human, so they are aggresive, exaggerate problems or just crying, you can't do nothing about that, just ignore.

7. Young kids are unstable, their hormones goes crazy, they can't think like normal human, so they are aggresive, exaggerate problems or just crying, you can't do nothing about that, just ignore.
    Wrong. Young kids BECAME completely unstable when phones and fancy electronics arrived, placing them in their own personal bubble, causing any signs of resistance and hostility towards them to trigger an insane psychosis which results in this so called "unstable" behavior. I wasn't an insane child, because I was exposed to life and actually had friends I can touch, fight, argue with all my life, while these "kids" don't get enough of that.

Just treat the toxic players with the value they have, which is a 0. They offer you nothing, why should you offer them anything. "But I don't want to kick a tank, RDF queues are way too long!" Well, ignore him then, permanently or for the duration of RDF.

Those elitist ... jerks who thinks they're better than everybody else, just remember that their lives are shallow as numbers on recount.
    Elitists desire that kind of attention because they require it. When you're left alone as a child, and not given enough attention from your family, you seek it from society later in your life. Alot of rich people actually have this problem, because they believe their status matters, while craving that attention they never received from their parents. Very explosive behavior.
    Edited: July 16, 2020

8. Those problems are mostly present at kids who never received proper beatings at young age from parents, thus becoming spoiled brats who seek attention. This new age of parenting is simply disgusting if you ask me

9. Wrong. Young kids BECAME completely unstable when phones and fancy electronics arrived, placing them in their own personal bubble, causing any signs of resistance and hostility towards them to trigger an insane psychosis which results in this so called "unstable" behavior.
    Ah yes, blame the technology. Such a cliche cop-out.
    A lot of kids(I won't say majority because nobody knows the exact numbers) are unstable, were unstable and will be as long as they are not steered in some direction. It has very little to do with tech available to us, but more with parenting and general surroundings.

I wasn't an insane child, because I was exposed to life and actually had friends I can touch, fight, argue with all my life, while these "kids" don't get enough of that.
    Good for you. I've seen a few cases that were unstable no matter how little touch they had with tech and no matter how much they socialized.

10. Ah yes, blame the technology.
    Antisocial stem from being antisocial. Guess what else that causes? It causes people to name themselves Frostwolf011.

11. In my opinion it's because this server (realm) works for so long. I don't know exact statistics, but many many many new characters aren't made by actually new players, but they are alts. People know warmane (or wotlk in overall), they know all the dungeons, raids, battlegrounds etc etc, so where they are making alt they want to gear him to raid-ready setup as fast as possible. When they meet casual players in dungeons, that dont know for example tactics/bosses and are making mistakes, they are getting angry quickly.

Online gaming was always known for shi* like this. When new server/realm starts, people are poor, the world is once again a scarry, dangerous place, they tend to help others more and they are simply nicer. I've leveled maybe near 50 or more chars on icecrown (earlier Deathwing as I remember) and later frostmourne, and I gotta admit, I've never met nicer warmane community than at the start of frostmourne.

On the other hand, warmane staff may consider to focus more on the very bad examples of toxic players and draw a consequences here. For a simpliest and fastest solution, there is ignore option and finding a guild, they usually punish people for toxic reactions.

12. I guess you get the picture

13. Antisocial stem from being antisocial. Guess what else that causes? It causes people to name themselves Frostwolf011.
    I... What? Ok I'll bite. What does my account name have to do with anything?

Also some people have predispositions to be antisocial. Not everything is a consequence of environment.

14. Antisocial stem from being antisocial. Guess what else that causes? It causes people to name themselves Frostwolf011.
    People were antisocial long before technology been available to any peasnt, you just meet more often ugly peasants than before, without technology you couldn't meet 99.9% of them cause of distance, but internet deleted that wall ;)
    Edited: July 17, 2020

123 Last