1. Starting heroics RDF as a prot warrior with 3200 GS?

Greetings.

I've recently reached the cap to qualify for heroic runs in the random dungeon finder, and so far I've done 3 dungeons: Nexus, Oculus and VIolet hold (couldn't finish it)

My 1st Heroic (Nexus) I had a bit of difficulties, being careful to no pull more mods than needed and using walls to force ranged mobs to get closer and such. We only suffered 2 wipes and one or another singular death, but the rest was ok. In oculus it went pretty smooth, only Issue was last boss that wiped us once and the second time we used 2 green drakes to beat him.

Now... Violet Hold... was a disaster, as I couldn't keep the mobs aggro'ed.
    Sometimes there were too many and I saw some mobs going towards other members, and they often died too fast for me to pull them in time, and a couple of times it happened that as soon as the mobs came out of the portal, they ignored me and went after another party member, and I was without rage to use thunderclap to pull them, and the AoE taunt was on CD.
    After two wipes, they called me useless and everyone left.

I do have the feeling that I did the best I could, and that the party was actually making the things harder for me than it should be (stepping closer to the portal than me, not measuring the threat, cause I'm not that high geared, stuff like that.)

Did I just got unlucky to have an uncooperative team or I should actually avoid doing RDF untill most of the guild members log in and try to run with them? (Was early and most of them were offline.)

I'd also like some advices, and thanks beforehand for anything.

2. Hey, i also started here some weeks ago with a prot warrior first char.

Prot warriors really need a lot of thinking/knowing the fights and clever use of their timers(offensive and defensive). Its like that for all p-warrs, but for low geared ones it gets really mandatory.

In your specific case in VH, its very important to make effective use of thunderclap, Shockwave, bloodrage etc

It may not be the best idea to Open with charge because of LOS issues and because you wont know if 1 or 3 mobs come out Portal first. IMO for starters wait in frontfrontfront of Portal, use bloodrage for initial rage to compensate no charge. Dont use thunderclap on the single mobs so you always have it ready for when the 3 mobs spawn. Send a shockwave instantly after clap, spam revenge on cd and cleave, tab through targets to Check their Aggro, help with shieldslam if you see a dps climbing too high. Obviously, use vigilance on highest dps OR put it on a/the class WITHOUT Aggro reducing skills (priest have fade, hunters feign death, retris got hand etc.)

Remember that shield Block is also offensive, since it lets you have revenge up all the time it running.

When you do all of this, and they still take Aggro, its not your fault and you shouldnt worry. Yeah some will flame, i cannot count the hunters in rdf pulling without using misdirection or feign death, dying and blaming me/other tanks. I usually just Type "MD/FD..." and Keep going my pace without taking any discussions. Experienced players will see you re low gear and know that protwarr Aggro needs to be played around, if they still go full leeroy than its not our fault they have higher rep costs.

Thats being sad, Keep going, learn the dungeons by doing/tanking them, learn to manage your timers properly regarding to the situation/dungeons.

If you want we can do some together if thats any help to you.

3. Classic had this problem, not the prot warrior but people in general just going leeeeeroyy on dps as soon as tank pulls and not having a clue on how threat works. It's almost allways a DPS fault if he takes aggro and dies unless the tank have some serious problems but the ratio on those 2 are 95% to 5% give or take, Yes there are bad tanks but it's still your fault if you dont know how to even dps as your class without taking threat.

There is never a reason to pull aggro on a boss cause you must push dps, it's all in these tiny egocentric brains they have, that they have to prove how much deeeps they can pull, and the fact that they cannot even realise how stupid they play to prove how good they play is... Can't even find a word for it, mind-boggling? Hysterically funny?
    Edited: July 17, 2020

4. If you can't keep aggro then just stun/interrupt them. Thats where prot war talent tree shines in RDF, you can stun loads of mobs.