1. Worse then Retail

No one ever talks in RDF, unless to complain about something. Joined a bunch of different guilds same result, no one talks in guild chat. Can't get into raids unless i have the achievement and perfect appropriated gearscore. Or, everything is just reserved or "Loot banned" so why bother.

Unless you got some IRL friends good luck trying to get any fun out of trying to do content.

Its sad, atlaest in my effort trying to just have fun with this old online game, people now a days just ruin this.
    Edited: July 17, 2020

2. I feel your pain Merfer...Unfortunately, this is a symptom of a game that's existed for so long. But I can assure you it isn't like this everywhere on the server. I've managed to get into raids with less than a 5k GS and even get gear from them and I'm not even in any kind of raiding guild.

People who you see in chat barking that they demand you have a top-tier GS, perfect build, and already have the Raiding Achieve are just looking for floating end-gamers to fill their already forming parties that are lacking something. They set these high standards because they don't want to have to stop every boss and explain the fight, wipe cause the random didn't know what to do, repeat, ect.

I personally don't agree with the gate-keeping, but I understand why they do it.

Here's some tips that have helped me to sneak into some raids:

1) Everyone only check GS on this server, so trick them -- Pick up any gear in high level Heroics you can that you can equip that has a high number. Anything. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as it pumps the number. You a Warrior? Put on that Healer Cloth you found and say you have a 5K GS. Once they invite you and you're in, take it off and put on your real gear. 9/10 times they won't notice the switch and you're in. Just don't draw attention to yourself afterward if you can help it.

2) This one can be a little harder. Try to find someone who has the Achieve people are asking for and ask them to link it to you in a Whisper. Then, link that achieve to the people barking. I've gotten into raids this way sometimes because they didn't check the date and name of the player on the achieve. This is very deceitful, but once you are in and get the Achieves yourself, you've broken through another gate they won't be able to re-close on you.

3) Play as a Tank or a Healer. While this isn't a super ideal situation if you want to DPS... Tanks and Healers are hot commodities on this server because of the lack of people who want to play the role. If you can heal or tank, sometimes you can "slip by" the standard being set out of their desperation to fill the spot. Just make sure if you try this, you can put your Mana where your Mouth is (or Rage if your tanking lol).

4) Start your own groups if no one is inviting. If you're in control, you can set the standards. I've gotten plenty of groups together for lower tier raids simply by saying, "No achieve necessary." You're not alone out there, there's lots of us who don't care about max DPS/GS and simply want to play the content.

Hope this helps you out in some way. :)
    Edited: July 27, 2020

3. Id be down to hang out if you are still interested. Im Horde on Lordareon