1. Looting question - AITA?

Hello all!

I got so worked up today that I decided to write a post here to know if I'm the a-hole of this situation at least.

I got into RDF, Scarlet Monastery, and the last boss dropped an epic ring, "Deaman's Hand". +10 stam and chance to freeze enemies when struck. Cool ring, innit?

Now, I play sub rogue, I quest solo and do PvP whenever I can. I got engineering and I play it... Somehow tanky. I don't know how else to call it with all the Ghostly Strikes, Evasion, First Aid and lots of bombs from Engineering.

I rolled need on this ring bearing all this in mind (and also seeing my rings were pretty lame).

Kunte, our dudu healer, then decided to take it upon themself to tell me that it's a tank ring and that if I win the item, I'm a ninja. The whole group then proceeded to need on the ring, the healer won it and gave it to the tank.
    The healer insisted that it's a tank item. When I asked them why are they so mad at me for rolling need when we all did, he insisted they all did it just so I wouldn't win it, and that they would eventually give it to the tank. And that I was a ninja.
    When I pointed out that it was them who rolled need on an item they didn't want, they defended themself by saying that they did it for 'good cause', so to speak.

I do understand that this item is intended for tanks but it's also a good damn item for PvP and leveling up! And surely, at approx lvl 35, this ring is bomb for nearly everybody (and *that's* why I think they all rolled need)! But the healer just didn't want to hear this. I don't know if they were a friend of the tank or what but it really got me thinking! You know, if the tank won the item fair and square, I would just CG them and wouldn't think twice about it.
    But I really hate when an ignorant person tries to rectify how I should play the game.

I wanted to report the person first (and told them such) but then I thought that I'd be as ignorant as them if I didn't try to clarify - Am I The A-hole in this situation?

TL;DR: Rolled for an epic ring and got called a ninja even tho the ring is good for me. AITA?

Thanks to all who take their time to read and reply. :P

Chachki

2. Stam isn't a "tank only" stat, and chance to freeze the target when struck isn't a role specific stat - you're fine. If you get banned, bad on the GM.

The rest of the party rolling need doesn't constitute as ninja looting for the reasons pointed out above - however - anyone who said they needed it for the sole purpose of giving it to the tank did in fact commit ninja looting should be banned if you report it.

3. imo the tank should have first say on it. but far as the rules go i can't see you rolling need on said ring being an issue.

4. imo the tank should have first say on it. but far as the rules go i can't see you rolling need on said ring being an issue.
    Forgot to mention that, courtesy would be to let the tank have first go at it. But as you and the rules stated, should be in the clear.

5. Hello all!

I got so worked up today that I decided to write a post here to know if I'm the a-hole of this situation at least.

I got into RDF, Scarlet Monastery, and the last boss dropped an epic ring, "Deaman's Hand". +10 stam and chance to freeze enemies when struck. Cool ring, innit?

Now, I play sub rogue, <...>
    Yes, you are a ninja

6. Interesting take. Want to explain what makes that ring specifically a tank ring?

7. Nope. Stamina ain't tanks exclusive and neither is the effect.

8. Its actually really getting abusive with this cry baby mentality, they call you a ninja for anything. I was invited to help 2 guys in shadow moon valley that were having a hard time, normal items were dropping from mobs and i hit greed NOT Need on a pair of green item shoulders which i ended up winning. the party leader without saying please may my friend have that item just goes straight to " GIVE HIM THAT ITEM" " YOU ARE NINJA LOOTING" i told him no actually i hit greed on an item which i won and can sell to generate funds to progress my char. if i wish i can give your mate the item. i gave his friend the item and flew off. anyways its so bad and if they decide you are the bad guy there is nothing you can do about it and most probably get banned while trying to mind your own business even if you are in the right.

9. The ring in discussion is considering BiS for many speccs in pvp, specially Frost mage twinks, This ring is so famous there's whole videos of it on youtube proccing at random times saving peoples lives.

I hope you saved printscreens cause the druid healer is the ninja in this case, if he kept it for himself that would be fine but to roll items to give someone else is considering ninja so he could get banned for this.

Its actually really getting abusive with this cry baby mentality,
    The ninja policy is starting to have opposite effect.