1. Frost Mage missing in arenas

Hello,

I am writing this in the pvp section as in the mage section most of the people are probably pve.

I play a frost mage with some PVE items (Lady shoulders, ICC ring, Valanar ring) and thus i have 5.83% hit rating. Now that should be more than enough to not miss a single spell, except maybe versus ret paladins and some mages (depending on talents).

On top of that I have 25 spell penetration in each blue gem + back enchant, going up to 160 spell pene. This should be even overcapped but I don't really care - I just don't want to miss/resist.

What my issue/questions is... When we fight in arenas I actually miss quite often, especially paladins and every kind of them. Now, I was ok, since I said, well they have more hit reduction for spells - it is normal. Until I started missing on warriors (who play with Hpallys). I am pretty sure it happened to other classes too.

So my questions is - why am I missing? I have more than enough spell penetration to overcome their resistance and I also have more than enough hit. I know that there is 1% chance to miss always but there was an arena that I missed a paladin 7 times in a row ??? (oh and not , it is not frost aura mastery)

Is there something I am missing?

P.S what is the healthy amount of Spell pene ? Is it 130 ?

2. Until I started missing on warriors (who play with Hpallys). I am pretty sure it happened to other classes too.
    Sacred cleansing most likely triggered after he dispelled your slow, deep or winter's chill.

P.S what is the healthy amount of Spell pene ? Is it 130 ?
    Yep, around 130. 4x25 spell pen gems and 35 sp on the back is what 99% of people run.

3. hey, thanks for the reply. It actually make sense. Though, still , It gives 30% more resistance, and the pally gives him 130. So 130x1.3 = 169. I have 160 spell penetration. I mean for 9 spell penetration, I am missing quite often. Or is it working differently ?

4. hey, thanks for the reply. It actually make sense. Though, still , It gives 30% more resistance, and the pally gives him 130. So 130x1.3 = 169. I have 160 spell penetration. I mean for 9 spell penetration, I am missing quite often. Or is it working differently ?
    I'm like 99% sure it's just a flat 30% chance to resist if they have the buff: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=392148
    So when he has sacred cleansing, about 1/3 spells might get resisted.

5. Well, it shouldn't be the way it works but I have the answer now. Thank you guys!!

6. hey, thanks for the reply. It actually make sense. Though, still , It gives 30% more resistance, and the pally gives him 130. So 130x1.3 = 169. I have 160 spell penetration. I mean for 9 spell penetration, I am missing quite often. Or is it working differently ?
    I guess to counter "130 frost resistence aura" of enemy paladin you just need 130 spell penetration, not 169.

Well, it shouldn't be the way it works but...
    What do you mean?

7. Well, it shouldn't be the way it works but I have the answer now. Thank you guys!!
    Nope. Unfortunately it works like that and has worked like that since retail. It is one of the dumbest talents in game like the Unrelenting Assault and similar talents, but it is what it is...