1. I suppose once you reach BiS on a spec, you should stop raiding? Outside of few EoT and very low chance of scroll of deception to drop, why waste your time? Why help anybody? Yeah, and people talk how toxic the community sometimes can be. "Oh, you're a BiS and want to help, while rolling OS? LOL GTFO".
    Willing to bet 99% of the players have dual spec, even the undergeared people on the toc25 run. I would somewhat agree with your statement, if WotLK didn't offer 1000 gold costing dual talents.
    I donnu why this whole server starts to frown upon offspeccs.
    If you have played for several years and have really geared mainspecc why should you get lower prio on your offspecc if you want to start playing that?
    A fresh player with no experience, no knowledge, plays pretty bad, dosen't learn tactics or class abilities should have priority on everything according to many people here, just because it's their "mainspecc", the concept of helping a raid with your geared specc to be able to roll for somethign else is unheard of, atleats that's how some react to hearing it.

2. Come on guys, no one is against offspecs. If player wants to roll for offspec he just negotiates that before anyone is saved in that raid. It is like that in every raid, it's common. But a thing like "I'm BiS now I have the right to roll whatever I want" is just crazy. Or I'm BiS now you all have to let me roll whatever MS I want - no, if leader said "no MS changes", you go click on your portrait and press that "Leave Group" or follow the rules leader set. OP assumed something along those lines and reality hit him hard - no one is ok if someone just randomly decides mid raid to roll for his offspec as Main.

Make sure leader knows that you are DPS but will roll for tank gear as MS, and make sure raid leader announces that to whole raid before you pull first boss. Very reasonable. Common practice.
    Edited: July 25, 2020

3. Good morning, I want to address a concern I have as someone with a BiS (Best in Slot) character (who will not be named lol) that helps lower tier raids once in a while and for OS (offspec) gear.

Recently, I played a TOC raid and everything was going great. I think we had a half dozen wipes with people well below 5Kgs. Not bad! However, at the end of the raid I rolled for a trophy so I could get me some OS gear and won one of them. The lootmaster proceeded to tell me that I was BiS, laughed about it, and gave the trophy to someone else who rolled second to mine. This is poor conduct on the part of the lootmaster as I stated prior, and after, the raid concluded that I was looking for tank stuff if the Main and Off tanks didnt need them. I'm almost certain that, if I wanted to be an *** about it, I could have gotten him temp banned. Im not about that life, just heed these words.

I'm not mad that the guy who rolled second best got the item, good for him. I'm a little irritated that, because I'm "Best in Slot", I'm apparently not allowed to have off-spec gear. I've never had this happen to me in all the years I've played this private server, MoltenWoW included. It makes me really want to keep helping out people, you know?

: /
    Here is my question, If you been helping lower people out for years, and this is the first time that it has happened, and saying stuff like. 'makes me really want to keep helping people" All for the fact that 1 person did not let you get what you wanted. Where you really helping people out to help them out, or where you simply their for that off-spec gear that you want rather then need, and then then when that piece goes to someone who needs it for main spec as you stated "you want if main and off tank did not need them" Yet here you are on the forum complaining?

Am I missing something?

4. my only questions are these.

How do you get BiS and need OS loot in toc?
    Donated much?
    Never wanted a OS before becoming bis?
    Suddenly stopped raiding with your guild when you got BiS and now can't join any other?

Even worse tho.
    You're rolling for a trophy?!?

If it was for a trinket like solace i would have understood.. but really a trophy?

Been playing endgame for a while now and most of the times my OS isn't far behind my MS.
    Especially when i'm farming those last items for bis..

5. They donated during Molten, then got coins refunded, then made their new character bis. If you could've been bothered to actually read the thread you would've seen that.

6. Same story.
    You play since moltdown.
    And you still need items for os in toc? Lol

7. Same story.
    You play since moltdown.
    Who said they've been playing since moltdown?

8. Who said they've been playing since moltdown?
    "I've never had this happen to me in all the years I've played this private server, MoltenWoW included."

But w/e

9. Same story.
    You play since moltdown.
    Well, they can't go into RDF as ret, because people would cry about it too.
    They can't join as BiS DPS and roll NEED on tank gear either, as that would be against rules, BiS or not.
    So ToC 25 seems like a good place to start.

Does it matter, how long it has taken for somebody to reach BiS? They might value things IRL more than a game. Maybe they don't play as much as you do, maybe their schedule doesn't fit most of guilds' raiding times.

Does it even matter that they have gained BiS in one spec, and haven't worked on their OS yet?

This might be big eye opener to you.. Did you know people play games differently?

10. Well, they can't go into RDF as ret, because people would cry about it too.
    They can't join as BiS DPS and roll NEED on tank gear either, as that would be against rules, BiS or not.
    So ToC 25 seems like a good place to start.

Does it matter, how long it has taken for somebody to reach BiS? They might value things IRL more than a game. Maybe they don't play as much as you do, maybe their schedule doesn't fit most of guilds' raiding times.

Does it even matter that they have gained BiS in one spec, and haven't worked on their OS yet?

This might be big eye opener to you.. Did you know people play games differently?
    Sure, everyone plays a game in his or her way.
    And ofc the way a person values and spends his/her time is completely up to them.

However, this doesn't change the fact that the OP was rolling for a trophy while the OP (should) have access to end tier raids with that gear.
    Why not farm emblems there for better gear?
    Or even better.. if it is a 5k gs raid.
    Why don't you join playing your os.
    And legitly deserve the gear for the spec.

11. Or even better.. if it is a 5k gs raid.
    And legitly deserve the gear for the spec.
    Because there's only room for 2 tanks, and 18 dps normally.

12. Like I've already said, this won't be a problem in the future. I should have just conformed like a good little robot and roll MS as tank. And, when the RL laughs in my face for being BiS again, ill just bend over and take it. Like a good little robot. Beep Boop...

This topic is closed as of 7/30/20. Thank you to those who replied without being a smartass or facetious and making some attempt to understand. I was wrong, and will be sure to yoink that shield right out of the 5K tanks hands next time. Good day.

13. However, this doesn't change the fact that the OP was rolling for a trophy while the OP (should) have access to end tier raids with that gear.
    He may have the access. Can he put that access into gearing OS, if his guilds wants him on ret and tanks have prio on tank gear. It's also entirely possible he did his ICC's before that ToC 25, sadly RNG on those ICC's may have been bad.

Why not farm emblems there for better gear?
    Don't we all farm emblems when trying to get gear? Do remember, even the EoT gear caps at 245, and some of them are just bad. EoF takes longer time to get if you're not in active raiding guild. And at the moment it seems several top guilds have dropped their raiding amount. There aren't that many players around nowadays, as people are enjoying life as the epidemic restrictions are slowly being lifted. Then there's the fact of what character are you expected to bring, and if you even have the DKP to buy the gear in the 1st place.

Or even better.. if it is a 5k gs raid.
    It's a 5K raid, and he joined it on 6.9K character to help, admirable, but in the end, it doesn't even matter what GS raids he joins. ToC 25 offers some nice trinkets for tanks, among few other items. Since you can't go into RDF to gear your OS, ToC 25 seems good place to start, especially if you don't wanna go full grind mode on FoS PoS.

His OS may not yet be raid ready, perhaps lacking defense, or the spots were filled already. Instead of taking another 5K tank, they wanted that 6.9K DPS. Maybe other tanks didn't have OS yet, or their OS were too low, considering this is 5K raid and they were on their MS's already. Which way would you go? 2 tanks with 5K GS and 6.9K DPS. or 2 tanks with around 5K, other maybe not even def capped and lower GS, and a 4.5K dps.

14. He may have the access.
    Save your breath, no idea trying to discuss with someone who don't want to listen.

15. i was wrong, and will be sure to yoink that shield right out of the 5K tanks hands next time.
    Then you're a huge forking *****. Change MS to tank, then only take the gear the tanks don't need.

Idk why this is so hard for you to understand. Just because you change MS to tank doesn't mean you have to "yoink that shield right out of the 5K tanks hands".

First 123 Last