1. Addressing All Lootmasters

Good morning, I want to address a concern I have as someone with a BiS (Best in Slot) character (who will not be named lol) that helps lower tier raids once in a while and for OS (offspec) gear.

Recently, I played a TOC raid and everything was going great. I think we had a half dozen wipes with people well below 5Kgs. Not bad! However, at the end of the raid I rolled for a trophy so I could get me some OS gear and won one of them. The lootmaster proceeded to tell me that I was BiS, laughed about it, and gave the trophy to someone else who rolled second to mine. This is poor conduct on the part of the lootmaster as I stated prior, and after, the raid concluded that I was looking for tank stuff if the Main and Off tanks didnt need them. I'm almost certain that, if I wanted to be an *** about it, I could have gotten him temp banned. Im not about that life, just heed these words.

I'm not mad that the guy who rolled second best got the item, good for him. I'm a little irritated that, because I'm "Best in Slot", I'm apparently not allowed to have off-spec gear. I've never had this happen to me in all the years I've played this private server, MoltenWoW included. It makes me really want to keep helping out people, you know?

: /

2. You saying you wanted to roll for offspec with some sort of exception means nothing if it isn't made official as part of the loot rules for the raid at the start, giving anyone not interested in dealing with that a chance to leave and look for another run. Was that the case?

3. I had the option to change my MS rolls, I did not do that. I simply rolled for the trophy, knowing I may win or lose, and was going to use it for OS gear. I didn't roll for a static item like a shield or a trinket. I won one of the trophies and they denied me because of my gear currently equipped. It might sound okay on paper but, practically speaking, its an infraction on the loot rules in the raid just to deny me a piece of offspec gear.

They gained a trophy but lost an ally. I think that about sums it up. I also stated I was looking for tank gear in Raid Chat but never wanted to roll need on static items like a shield, only greed. The trophy, at least in my opinion, is a non-greed item. You need it because it can fit all roles and classes as far as gear goes.
    Edited: July 22, 2020

4. I had the option to change my MS rolls, I did not do that. I simply rolled for the trophy, knowing I may win or lose, and was going to use it for OS gear. I didn't roll for a static item like a shield or a trinket. I won one of the trophies and they denied me because of my gear currently equipped. It might sound okay on paper but, practically speaking, its an infraction on the loot rules in the raid just to deny me a piece of offspec gear.

They gained a trophy but lost an ally. I think that about sums it up. I also stated I was looking for tank gear in Raid Chat but never wanted to roll need on static items like a shield, only greed. The trophy, at least in my opinion, is a non-greed item. You need it because it can fit all roles and classes as far as gear goes.
    Trophy is on-par with marks from ICC. They aren't handed to people that don't need them for main spec. You said it yourself you didn't proclaim or ask to roll tank as main spec so why do you complain about it now?

5. Personal opinion, but for me someone needing an item for their main specialization always should take precedence over someone wanting to gear up their second one - even more so when their main is already fully geared - it the being on the ones gearing their mains to call if they want to forfeit their claim on the item so off-specs can have it.

You're acting like you got mistreated because you're "best in slot," when what I see is people who are not "BiS" simply not getting shafted because you wanted to gear up a second time. You've eaten a whole candy and want more, while others are still wanting their first one.

6. Trophy is on-par with marks from ICC. They aren't handed to people that don't need them for main spec. You said it yourself you didn't proclaim or ask to roll tank as main spec so why do you complain about it now?
    I did say I was there for offspec tank gear, I did not change my MS roll because I don't need the tank gear ASAP. I also did not want to take major items from tanks already in the raid.

Personal opinion, but for me someone needing an item for their main specialization always should take precedence over someone wanting to gear up their second one - even more so when their main is already fully geared - it the being on the ones gearing their mains to call if they want to forfeit their claim on the item so off-specs can have it.

You're acting like you got mistreated because you're "best in slot," when what I see is people who are not "BiS" simply not getting shafted because you wanted to gear up a second time. You've eaten a whole candy and want more, while others are still wanting their first one.
    I can agree about the candy example, which is why I didn't setup to roll as MS tank. If I wanted to, I could have but then I'd be potentially taking shields and trinkets from them. I think one single trophy is more than reasonable for 30 minutes of my time if I rolled and won the roll. In this circumstance, I actually become more of a benefit to your example than not.

At any rate, this won't be a problem next time. Ill just change my MS roll to tank, problem solved lol.... *rolls eyes*
    Edited: July 22, 2020

7. Just buy 232ilvl set, its cheaper and will serve you good. 245ilvl from trophies will cost you double EoT amount, while its better, that extra effort, imo, is not worth it.
    Also, if you are BiS, don't you have like 1000 or more EoF accumulated? buy T10?

8. I think one single trophy is more than reasonable for 30 minutes of my time
    They also invested the same amount of their own time (obviously barring cases of replacements), while not having a best-in-slot set.

Regarding your "solution," keep in mind that plenty of raids have no such "changing MS roll" rule, and you get to roll for the position you were playing. So, unless you are queuing and playing as a Tank, don't be so sure you can "opt" to roll for that role. Make sure that specific raid's rules allow that to avoid feeling slighted once more when people lacking gear are the ones rewarded with drops.

9. Honestly, I think lootmaster did a good job here. Trophy is just like any other regular item. If You did not changed Your ms and You had gear better than trophy's reward put on Yourself, You shouldnt get it. If You wanted item (gear or trophy) for Your OS, You should said it at start of raid, if Raid Leader allowed it.

10. They also invested the same amount of their own time (obviously barring cases of replacements), while not having a best-in-slot set.

Regarding your "solution," keep in mind that plenty of raids have no such "changing MS roll" rule, and you get to roll for the position you were playing. So, unless you are queuing and playing as a Tank, don't be so sure you can "opt" to roll for that role. Make sure that specific raid's rules allow that to avoid feeling slighted once more when people lacking gear are the ones rewarded with drops.
    Lol... Just to be 110% clear. The raid allowed changing of MS. In my experience, this is frequently the case with more established Raid Leaders who pug raids.

Just buy 232ilvl set, its cheaper and will serve you good. 245ilvl from trophies will cost you double EoT amount, while its better, that extra effort, imo, is not worth it.
    Also, if you are BiS, don't you have like 1000 or more EoF accumulated? buy T10?
    As I stated in the OP, I played on Molten and during that time donated a bit over the 3(?) or so years until the meltdown. When they refunded all my coins, I was able to make a BiS character and this one is it. Normally you'd be correct, however. This would be a non-issue in that circumstance.
    Edited: July 23, 2020

11. 100% agree. I know its complicated but I just wanted to subvert the hassle of overhead that would create while leaving tank items for tanks but ill do what I have to in the future. Sorry future tanks lol

12. Lol... Just to be 110% clear. The raid allowed changing of MS. In my experience, this is frequently the case with more established Raid Leaders who pug raids.
    That raid is in the past, I'm just looking out for your future. It would be heartbreaking to have greedy undergeared people once more getting in the way of your going beyond BiS to gear up an off-spec, just because the raid rules were different and you forgot to make sure.

13. 100% agree. I know its complicated but I just wanted to subvert the hassle of overhead that would create while leaving tank items for tanks but ill do what I have to in the future. Sorry future tanks lol
    Dude just change your MS and if other tanks need items just don't take them. Just because you change your MS doesn't mean you need to take every single piece of gear that drops - it's just assurance that you will get all of the tank gear that drops and tanks don't need.

If you change MS a d decide to snatch items from the tanks, that's on you.

14. Also, if you are BiS, don't you have like 1000 or more EoF accumulated? buy T10?
    Does this even matter where he used his EoF. He may have bought BiS items with coins and achieved rest with few lucky raids. Maybe he valued gold higher than the need to use them for OS, so he bought primos and sold them in AH?

That raid is in the past, I'm just looking out for your future. It would be heartbreaking to have greedy undergeared people once more getting in the way of your going beyond BiS to gear up an off-spec, just because the raid rules were different and you forgot to make sure.
    I suppose once you reach BiS on a spec, you should stop raiding? Outside of few EoT and very low chance of scroll of deception to drop, why waste your time? Why help anybody? Yeah, and people talk how toxic the community sometimes can be. "Oh, you're a BiS and want to help, while rolling OS? LOL GTFO".
    Willing to bet 99% of the players have dual spec, even the undergeared people on the toc25 run. I would somewhat agree with your statement, if WotLK didn't offer 1000 gold costing dual talents.

I did say I was there for offspec tank gear, I did not change my MS roll because I don't need the tank gear ASAP. I also did not want to take major items from tanks already in the raid.
    So you didn't officially change the MS roll, rolled for something as MS, and you didn't get your item, as it's actually your OS. What did you expect? So the whole thread is pretty much about the loot master doing his job right.
    Edited: July 23, 2020

123 Last