1. ICC - Combat Bug causes and bug report

The combat bug inside ICC is becoming frustrating. Yesterday we tried alt+f4 multiple times, we fell of the dock, we wiped intentionally at bosses again and again. Only to get the combat bug back, unable to cast resurrection, regenerate mana, use consumables and other abilities.

I understand that if all players in the group avoid certain things, it won't happen but this discussion is not about ways to avoid it.
    So if you are an elitist craving to show us how cool you are and never have this problem, good for you but wrong thread.
    This thread is about collecting more information, making a more detailed bug report in order to avoid it getting dismissed.

What i 've heard so far as causes are two things:
    a) People keep the rockets from the Gunship, after the Gunship fight.
    b) During wiping at DBS, some people run back to the Gunship (in order to save themselves, loose aggro and reset DBS).

What do you know about it?
    Thnx

2. I know that entering portal right after DBS kill with debuff will cause combat bug. Tough I don't know if it still does, we just don't enter it before we are clean.

Also I think the thing about 'rockets causing combat", it appeared because people didn't know what I said above. So they went "uga chaka must be rockets" and this thing is still alive today lmao. I'm going for the last year or so with rocket equipped full raid, never had any combat bugs or anything.

Resetting boss - no idea, could be, some pets stay in combat state or something. Never seen happening tough.

3. I have to agree about the rockets, i recently forgot them on, when i saw them i panicked but also realized we didn't have any problems.
    For some reason i have the same impression, that the rockets never caused the combat bug and it's just hearsay.
    But i am new on this server so i couldn't know for sure.

The portal by itself can't be the cause because the problem appears even when DBW is alive (when you reset) and the portal is closed.
    But the portal is just another way to zone out, just like going to the Gunship.
    So maybe the trigger is any debuffed players getting out of the DBW plateau/zone which fits both instances.

After making this thread i got into a raid and we managed to isolate the person who was transmitting the bug to others and it was a hunter.
    The limited number of players that got the problem indicates transmission between the members of the same 5-man group or when buffing.
    Since he was a hunter, could be a pet problem as you say.

I can't test it though. We have got some indications, enough for a developer to find the problem so i am thinking of reporting this.
    But without a certain way to reproduce it i think it is going to be dismissed.

So, bump.
    Can anyone else confirm that it only happens with debuffed players or characters with pets?
    If we can confirm either, i think it would be enough to attempt a report.

4. I think you're right on the money with that one, it's not the rockets, never has been, I belive it is when people have the debuffs and or are in combat and move zones, like portal or gunship in this case.