1. Frostmourne, Tanking Vezax with no mana regen

If you've gotten to vezax you'll find out that most of the mana restore that worked on retail isn't working on Frostmourne. As a pally the only thing giving you mana is Divine Plea and Spiritual atonement talent. This is not enough especially since the ranged dps are getting 50-60k crits with the dps buff. So atm it is not at all viable for Paladin tank to tank this boss.

I'm trying to put together a set/build that can viably tank him. I'm going to try the following build out tonight and see how it goes.

talents and glyphs : https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMGsIufdEbMz0M:zLc

basically using 2/2 spiritual atonement and 5/5 benediction talents. Glyphs: Seal of Command, Spiritual Attunement, and Shield of Righteousness. If the Seal of Command glyph I think this build might just work, if it doesn't I see no hope for paladin tanks on this boss shy of wearing dps gear.

Edit: Glyph of Seal of command doesn't work either, seems Warmane "tweaking" has made prot paladins useless on this fight.

TLDR go holy or ret for this boss :(
    Edited: July 27, 2020

2. pick reconing . seals of pure , + 2,6 weapon speed . its easy to keep agro .and your AA keep agrro

3. We're tanking it with palatank with regular gear/spec, and paladin just moving the boss and himself to black**** and sometime to green**** EZCLAP

4. If you've gotten to vezax you'll find out that most of the mana restore that worked on retail isn't working on Frostmourne. As a pally the only thing giving you mana is Divine Plea and Spiritual atonement talent. This is not enough especially since the ranged dps are getting 50-60k crits with the dps buff. So atm it is not at all viable for Paladin tank to tank this boss.

I'm trying to put together a set/build that can viably tank him. I'm going to try the following build out tonight and see how it goes.

talents and glyphs : https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMGsIufdEbMz0M:zLc

basically using 2/2 spiritual atonement and 5/5 benediction talents. Glyphs: Seal of Command, Spiritual Attunement, and Shield of Righteousness. If the Seal of Command glyph I think this build might just work, if it doesn't I see no hope for paladin tanks on this boss shy of wearing dps gear.

Edit: Glyph of Seal of command doesn't work either, seems Warmane "tweaking" has made prot paladins useless on this fight.

TLDR go holy or ret for this boss :(
    Couple of things here.

1) Idk how your ranged are critting 60k. It's an increase to haste, not to damage.

2) Seal of Vengeance > SoC regardless of mana.

3) Misdirects, + Fades + Hand of Salvation + Tricks of the Trade.

4) Should have no mana issues on 25 man with Spiritual Attunement. Even with 1/2. If you are stop Concecrating as much. But you shouldn't be.

5) If you're trying to tank it on 10 man don't. You're just making it harder for your raid comp as a whole.

5. Couple of things here.

1) Idk how your ranged are critting 60k. It's an increase to haste, not to damage.

2) Seal of Vengeance > SoC regardless of mana.

3) Misdirects, + Fades + Hand of Salvation + Tricks of the Trade.

4) Should have no mana issues on 25 man with Spiritual Attunement. Even with 1/2. If you are stop Concecrating as much. But you shouldn't be.

5) If you're trying to tank it on 10 man don't. You're just making it harder for your raid comp as a whole.
    1. That's what recount says, EDIT: just checked logs and yes 50-60k crits from boomkins lol, almost 40k average crits. The "buff" shadowcrash is hast AND magical damage!
    2. Single target yes of course, why are you even mentioning? (you saw I was experimenting with Glyph of Seal of Command for 8% mana restore which doesn't work btw.)
    3. Threat on pull is easy, I pull off the tank tanking the boss if i don't salv myself or turn off righteous fury anyways. hunters using misdirect + readiness for x2 threat is just not enough... at least not for my dps who seem to be doing more dmg then most groups from what I can tell, we are fully cleared+ on hardmodes
    4. Yes, so I've tried 2/2 spiritual attunement + glyph. It's ok, gives you some mana back but the boss doesn't hit you hard outside of his buff so you get less mana back the better the gear you have. Having watched awbee on youtube do it on 25 man his words were "I'm sweating" and "That was intense"... While yea sure it's possible if you have another tanking option warrior/druid/dk then use them instead of a prot pally like I already said. You do have to watch your consecrate and avengers shield use to your you'll oom and have to use a green pool, BUT it is a huge detriment to a raid to be moving the boss halfway across the room just for the tank to get mana.
    5. Ya the dmg output on the boss is so low that you won't get enough back from spiritual attunement.

TL:DR While yes there are strategies etc for a pally to tank this boss if you have a choice I would use another tank.

EDIT: I did some more research on why this is even an issue in the first place when it was never on live. Corrupted Rage (https://www.wowhead.com/spell=68415/corrupted-rage) should be DOUBLING judgements of the wise (ret pally talent) Mana regen... it obviously is not. I'm going to assume this was an intentional change as shamans also have a similar ability that is also not regening mana and the Overturning on this server is kinda buggy. That being said maybe it truly is a bug, if enough of us make reports maybe it will get fixed? that would be another 6% mana per sec.
    Edited: August 1, 2020