1. Returing player with questions about Lordaeron, before making the swap.

As I have been away for sometime now, I come back to find a new server at x1, Which I have always wanted to do. As I logged into the server i see this on the right hand side of character select.

- Iteams can only be obtained in game

And instantly i was over-joyed till my wife goes "so they just transfer their SM from one server to the next, and when we left they we talking about a cross realm bg system. Meaning we will grind for our stuff, to still be put in a bg with Blackrock insta geared kids, icecrown's SM and other stuff for pvp."

I was just wondering how much of this rings true, as im a pvper at heart as i can just jump on and go with my work schedule.

2. My opinion, from someone who pretty much exclusively plays on the server (since I don't like to be handed gear, and I don't want to deal with pay 2 win people) is that it's a great x1 server that's closest to a true blizzlike wotlk experience in pve. That being said the pvp-scene is pretty horrible on Lordaeron and I believe it's largely due to xrealm.

I'm not too sure about sever transfers with people who bought SM on Icecrown, if that's possible I don't notice them that much in the world. But yeah if you're interested in pvp-ing you're mostly going to be thrown into bgs with a bunch of people from icecrown and blackrock (maybe 1-2 from Lordaeron) and the games seem to be decided on which team has more players with SM more often than not (I've only seen people from icecrown with SM in random bgs).

Me and a friend play 2v2 arenas and they implemented xrealm there too which is honestly ridiculous. We both have sets of half relentless/furious pvp gear and we go up against teams from icecrown with SM and full BiS to teams from Blackrock who start off with a full Relentless set (and pvp weapons which we don't get until we rank decently in arena) so it's an uphill battle to climb the entire time. We get extremely discouraged by the pvp due to xrealm pvp.

TL;DR: Lordaeron's PVE is really great but the pvp is in shambles due to xrealm (almost always fighting at a disadvantage till you get full relentless at the very least)
    Edited: July 27, 2020

3. Perfect, After thinking about it, no matter if i start at x1 or x7 the pvp will be the same, So i will just jump in and enjoy the full blizzlike experience, and just have fun with it. Thank you!