1. Constantly shifting nameplates

Hey all, I'm in need of suggestions regarding enemy nameplates. None of the addons I use change anything about nameplates, so I'm using vanilla enemy nameplates turned on and set it so they can't overlap so I can click on different enemies when they stand on top of each other. This is fine but the problem that arises is that the nameplate for one enemy will constantly flip position with another enemy! Not just move around, but literally switch places with them so that when I try to switch targets the nameplate for the new enemy I try to click on is literally the one I was just targeting, or one I didn't want. This is especially annoying as a Shadow Priest where maintaining dots on different enemies requires constant target switching. Does anyone have any solution to this, maybe an addon that lets you easily select a specific target?

Thanks.

2. I asume you tried TAB key to switch targets and It doesn't work for you?

3. Problem with the tab key is it only selects a new target closest to the line directly in front of your character, so it can be hard to select the target you want and you'll sometimes just switch between the same two targets. It would be better if it cycled through all targets in front of you, but it seems like there's no way to make it do that.

4. Maybe this could help a little:

1) Go to ''C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF''
    2) Locate and open ''Config.wtf'' (Wordpad works just fine)
    3) On a new line type/paste the following...
    SET TargetNearestDistance "800.000000"
    Or higher value if need
    4)Save and close
    5)Start up wow
    6)Try tab targetting

Source: google