1. optimal tank for newbie

Hello guys,
    i am new to tanking (have played WoW a lot but not this role) and would like to ask you about tank classes.

What class do you consider optimal for begginers?
    Maybe some summary of strengths and weaknesses of the classes? I know paladins are widely used in wotlk but would like maybe something else than a pala, just not sure which one to level first.

2. Warriors:
    -hard to master
    -gear dependent
    -inferior to other tanks but still playable if you'd really like one

DKs:
    -problems with armor while gearing
    -best cooldowns (properly using them might make this a bit harder to play than the rest of the tanks)
    -best single target threat, pretty bad AoE threat

Paladins:
    -good raid utility + externals, pretty bad on self cds
    -decent threat both single target and AoE
    -Ardent Defender is your ****** proof talent making this the most noob friendly + mistake forgiving out of all the tanks

Bears:
    -well rounded overall
    -decent threat, decent cds
    -doesn't really excel in anything except health pool

3. I just wanna add that I'm not tank player as well, decided to try every tank. I played DK just a bit so my opinion won't matter here. I tried warrior but it was terrible to me, many problems. I made paladin cause everyone were talking its No 1 tank in wotlk, I had good times, but decided to make a dudu.

And I gotta tell You - I had a blast as druid tank. With my poor skill I really managed to get far even in my first ICC raids. I totally loved the amount of HP, CDs, maybe I was lucky but gear seemed quite easy to find as well.

So just don't listen to other opinions - every tank is capable of doing everything on icecrown. Ofc war have it a bit harder, but at the end, You should just play what suit You most - it will bring You joy and it the end result in good performance.

4. Yup, i am also trying druid now and looks like its my taste.