1. Any chance of going back to the old Transmog system or improving the new one?

Hey, I played on AT and then Blackrock for a long time and not too long ago before the realms got crossrealm pvp, the transmog system used to be much better than it is now, you could basically farm crates which would have a random item inside and you could trade these items with other players, you could also spend the keys you use to open the chests to get a specific piece of gear from an NPC, or something along those lines.

But I have came back recently only to find that the majority of my old transmog gear is now useless, because I am a DK and a lot of the gear is warrior/paladin gear and for some reason you can't transmog other classes items anymore, and the only way to get other gear to transmog is from the NPC, who offers really basic looking gear which nobody would want to transmog when you get to 1700 rating or something.

then the next level of transmog is 2050 RATING, which at this moment in time puts you in the top 50 in 2v2, in what would be gladiator range for Blackrock if it worked that way.

You need to be the very best player to buy the SECOND set of transmog gear and it doesn't even look that great, it's totally unreasonable and much much much worse than the previous box system we had a few years ago.

The box system also had a rating requirement behind some sets, like Juggernaut gear, and that was fine because it was additional to the box system, meaning you could one day upgrade your transmog when you got a decent rating.

But as it stands currently I will be wearing wrathful gear until I am Rank 1.

Please bring back the old box system or improve the current system so we can actually get transmog items.

Thanks

2. Probably only if Blackrock ever got isolated from the other WotLK servers again. As long as it's connected to Icecrown and Frostmourne I can't see it happening, as they all follow one single standard. Even if it was somehow isolated at some point that kind of "funserver" feature might not come back.

3. Yeah I thought that the connection could be the reason for it being changed, but I assume that the reason only really extends to getting random drops from Arena though right? since that aspect would be too unrealistic for a server like Icecrown.

Surely there can be a solution to the problem, such as a repeatable quest which only exists on Blackrock, which after you win 10 Solo Queue or 2v2 Games, you are rewarded with a chest of your choice and the chest can contain Plate Gear or 2H Weapons, depending on which chest you bought, or have it so you are rewarded a random chest and the players can trade the chests with each other for a chance at the item they want? something along those lines would seem to solve all the problems.

or they could just have it so a repeatable quest gives a token and then you can spend that token for any piece of transmog by writing the ID, from my browsing of the web it did seem like this was at one stage in Blackrock but was removed.

Because the current system does seem to be unworkable for Blackrock, and it is frustrating knowing that they had such a golden idea previously but haven't found a way to recapture the trading/collecting aspect which was there before.

4. Maybe if there was some way to emulate the odds and time investment people have to deal with to get the same drops in PvE. Anything past that would probably be giving Blackrock unnecessary special treatment when it's now one among three. People already dislike how the server gets easy starting gear (and how that so often translates into people with no clue about PvP getting cross-realm'd with people who expect decent partners), there's no real need to add easy transmogrification to that, I think.

Still, just as my personal opinion, I see plenty of more important issues needing fixing before something like this should be spared development resources.

5. Probably only if Blackrock ever got isolated from the other WotLK servers again. As long as it's connected to Icecrown and Frostmourne I can't see it happening, as they all follow one single standard. Even if it was somehow isolated at some point that kind of "funserver" feature might not come back.
    How come blackrock can transmog their items to become "invisible" if they all should follow the same standard.

6. How come blackrock can transmog their items to become "invisible" if they all should follow the same standard.
    Maybe a leftover, maybe it was considered to not be worth removing yet/ever, I don't know.
    Whatever the case, it doesn't invalidate anything, much less create some sort of "if X is there, then give V, Y, Z, W and and and" scenario.

7. @obnoxious
    why would even bring up " pve " when there is no such thing as pve in blackrock ? blackrock players only care about pvp

8. @obnoxious
    why would even bring up " pve " when there is no such thing as pve in blackrock ? blackrock players only care about pvp
    Because transmogrification fodder that doesn't come from PvP (and should already be obtainable with that) comes from PvE, therefore there's no reason whatsoever that a PvP server, which isn't isolated anymore, should get access to such items with any less (equivalent PvP) effort than what PvErs need to invest for it?

9. Because transmogrification fodder that doesn't come from PvP (and should already be obtainable with that) comes from PvE, therefore there's no reason whatsoever that a PvP server, which isn't isolated anymore, should get access to such items with any less (equivalent PvP) effort than what PvErs need to invest for it?
    why not add missing transmogs and just make requirement for them bit higher , i mean i have 2500+ in 3v3 2800 2s and still the only decent mogs accesible is drednaught set and redemption other sets r incomplete or just ugly and no one want , also the fact that we cant mog items that we cant use rly limits the possiblities , overall the transmog system is pretty damn bad

its not like 2.8+ in arena doesnt require effort , it certainly requires more effort than just doing a raid vs scripted bots ...

10. And what would be "a bit higher" enough to make up for having to repeatedly farm, more often than not with a very small change, depending on RNG to give you the specific piece you want and that no one else in the dungeon or raid also needs or wants, case in which you have to be in the role for that gear and/or compete on Need/Greed rolls with everyone else (in the case of dungeons) or potentially have to roll against dozens of people for it (while also also adding the timed locks in the case of raids)?

11. Why can't we just have an npc that lets you transmog based on item's id? Of course keep the arena transmog npc and have hard to get items blacklisted for this npc, but for example you type the id for an item like https://classic.wowhead.com/item=331...ess#dropped-by and your chest piece gets transmogged to it if you wear leather. This way we can get more creative with transmog on blackrock while not disturbing icecrown and lordaeron players since they are low level items that drop from regular mobs.

12. Who wants an item that is not obtainable from transmog npc must buy it with coins. I don't find this right, because in the other realms anyone has the possibility to do an old raid or dungeon and regardless of the roll/loot management that affect winning an item, we are denied this possibility. I think the best thing is to go back to the way it used to be, blackrock should be cut off from crossrealm because a realm that has only pvp content must necessarily have other contents that improve its gameplay, variety and longevity. And then I really broke my balls for the racism that exists between the various realms! Every bg is the classic icecrown vs blackrock vs lordaeron sh1t talking. Blackrock must be independent from this sh1t

13. Who wants an item that is not obtainable from transmog npc must buy it with coins. I don't find this right, because in the other realms anyone has the possibility to do an old raid or dungeon and regardless of the roll/loot management that affect winning an item, we are denied this possibility. I think the best thing is to go back to the way it used to be, blackrock should be cut off from crossrealm because a realm that has only pvp content must necessarily have other contents that improve its gameplay, variety and longevity. And then I really broke my balls for the racism that exists between the various realms! Every bg is the classic icecrown vs blackrock vs lordaeron sh1t talking. Blackrock must be independent from this sh1t
    Yea, and on the other realms you can't buy bis pve gear with honor and arenas rofl. Stop crying.

14. Who cries? The thing that really bothers me is having to deal with pve-minded tards when im doing pvp. I think cross-realm is the worst thing ever implemented on warmane. Blackrock was a super fun realm before this evenness.

15. Blackrock was a super fun realm before this evenness.
    Waiting 50mins in queue for 3v3 match at peak times were super fun yea!