1. Questions about Arena and Arena Comps for teaming with Druid in 2s

Hello all.
    Looking to do some arena to get a few more pieces of pvp gear, but I have a couple of questions about arena and arena comps.
    1. If my brother / arena partner are decently geared 5.5k gs pvp gear, both horde, and are ok at pvp, what’s a decent goal to try to get to for arena rating as far as getting better gear (we are both BiS as far as honor gear goes without an arena rating).
    2. If I recall correctly, you only get credit for 10 games a week? Or was it 10 wins? Or is there even a limit per week? If so, when is the reset?
    3. Most importantly, my characters are disc priest, shadow priest, uh dk, and sub rogue. My bro plays a resto druid and a balance druid. What would be our best possible combos for each class pairing (druid/priest, druid/rogue, and druid/dk).
    4. More often than not is it focus healer cc dps or cc healer and focus dps? I know there are situations where the opposite will be true but for a good “rule of thumb”.
    5. How long a queue times for 2s? Is this going to suck because of slow matchmaking?

2. 1. For starters grind to 1300-1400 rating for WF belt and feet. And since 90% of the playerbase that plays arenas is already on at least 6kg gs get ready to be outgeared all the time.
    2. 10 games a week is minimum requirement for you to get arena points. Reset and arena points flush is on Tuesday/Wednesday night.
    3. Uhhhh... Balance/sub maybe? Every other combo can theoretically work but only if you are really good and have good gear. Like I said, get ready for a major grind.
    4. Depends on the comp you are facing. As a double dps you can usually nuke disco priests, maybe resto dudus and shamans if you get lucky with crits, and hpala only if he is brainded or misses his keybind where he has Divine Shiled. As a heal/dps combo you will often swap depending on the defensive CDs your opponent has used.
    5. On lower ratings so far it is under a minute.

3. Resto druid goes only with warlock, and sometimes with warrior if you both BIS. Boomy works good with sub rogue, but it implies a lot of kiting, CC's and sync attacks, if this is too hard, you could try SP & Boomy.

Note that WOTLK pvp is quite annoying, most of the teams are P2W and BIS (25hc and WF) which will make your life hard at doing arenas.

4. Well crap, was hoping the lower brackets might be full of people like us in sub BiS gear trying to get better gear. I hated arena in live because my friend and I were never fotm comp and would frequently be put up against fotm ally comps with better gear and it was such an uphill battle that it ended up being more frustrating than fun. What you guys are describing sounds like the same shetshow maybe even worse...

Does VoA drop arena gear? If I snag a couple pieces of hit rating gear and do voa once a week might I be able to slowly piece together a gs higher than 5.5k? I do remember VoA being stupid easy, dps boss, kill orbs, dps boss etc etc. My rogue and dk have pve offspecs that I have yet to use too.

5. Yes, you may win some WF gloves or legs from VOA 25, frost boss or relent from VOA10 frost boss. Note that PVE content on Lordaeron is harder than the usual, sometimes VOA10 can be hard if people are under 5.3k gs. If you are playing Icecrown it's fine with even lower gear.

6. I mean what did you expect on a server with a shop and expansion that is over a decade old?
    Atm almost everyone is at least 80% bis and the only major thing separating people is how good your comp is and how good you are as a player.
    The only question remaining is whether you donated to skip queue, and if you did why don't you get some professions, sell gold for coins on trade and get bis weapons and trinkets from the shop? A whole bunch of people on the server are getting gear like that because they don't want to mindlessly farm raids/like raids/don't have time for them.

7. Good to know and that makes sense yeah.

I think i'll stick to having fun in bgs (earning gems for selling) and wpvp and just farm some gold to sell for coins since gold is mostly meaningless to me now outside of potions and food. I'll combo that with VoA and I think, it will take a long time to get BiS but at least I won't be struggling in the arena the whole time.

Thanks for the info!

Any tips on what materials are best to farm on IC? My toons are herb/skin for gathering profs.

8. If you need some arena boost to get started or just BG together at horde side whisper Icyhearts/Seiko/Ayanami

9. Decide what comp you want and get weapons for those chars first. In the meantime just play at least 10 weekly arenas for arena points. My guess is that you will slowly reach 1.3-1.4k rating if you are at least average pvpers.

I can't say anything about economy on the Horde side of IC. Look at the AH and see what leather/herbs are good for sale. I think that Lichbloom is the best for Herbalism, and I have no idea for skinning since I dropped that long time ago.