1. expensive.

Why is gear so expensive? Even on a pvp only server like blackrock? I do want to play arenas but no interest in farming bgs for a year just to get offset alone. Is it really paying off for gear to be this expensive i wonder?

2. Why is gear so expensive? Even on a pvp only server like blackrock? I do want to play arenas but no interest in farming bgs for a year just to get offset alone. Is it really paying off for gear to be this expensive i wonder?
    Even if you get the gear with bgs, you will see that some players in arena have bis gear. So doing bgs is not the biggest problem to get gear. To get the ratings for better gear will be a bigger problem.

3. Is it really paying off for gear to be this expensive i wonder?
    You asking this question is the exact reason IT IS paying off, the gear, or I should say price to catch up, on a server that is over a decade old at this point, is a nice balance of " I can buy a piece or two" for the normal player, and "I'll farm the rest". Juxtapose that with, "The gear is so cheap everyone's running around in full BIS, this is no fun". the price is exactly where it should be.

Balanced, well, pretty close to the best that's humanly possible, and still keep the server free to play.