1. ISP Shut down my internet and threatened to keep it off if I continue playing

So long story short, my ISP has shut down my internet for 24 hrs because of playing Warmane. I'm from the US & they have threatened to shut it down for 72 hrs & then 6 months if I continue playing Warmane. It's probably my fault for not using a VPN but my question is how safe is it now to use one? Is it worth the risk to get a dedicated IP and continue playing or am I playing with fire? I'm not even sure if Warmane is illegal to download/play i'm just assuming since they seen me download it through bit torrent , they're assuming it's something illegal. Would like some opinions on what I should do here, please and thank you.

2. gee never knew that "land of the free" was meant to be an irony

I guess you can try VPN, or maybe try another ISP since your current doesn't like your money.
    Edited: August 7, 2020

3. Yeah i'm just wondering how safe it is to use VPN, obviously I would use it to play but they claimed they could 'ping the program' even when not playing on my PC. Not sure whether that's bs or not but I thought they could only tell when i'm actually playing it.

4. Should be fine with VPN, risks of getting banned aside. Just don't use some free VPN where you are the merchandise.

And who is your ISP? Fourth Reich? I think you are trolling us.

5. Trolling? Nah. I have service electric. It's more like a 'third party program' watching my IP and they notified my ISP to shut down my net because of using bit torrent I believe. That's what I got from trying to research a bunch about this issue. But yeah I would try and find and buy a good dedicated IP, not use a cheap one. I guess my only option is to risk a VPN or change ISP.

6. First of all, wait for a GM to answer your question. That's it, no second.

7. Personally, I dont like VPN's. There's too much at risk imho. I use a seedbox to download all my torrents and then use SFTP to connect to the seedbox to retrieve what it downloaded. Ever since I've used that, I've never had a issue with torrent downloading. Hell, I even cancelled my newgroup accounts after just a few months of using the seedbox. No, using Warmane is not illegal. It obviously goes against Blizzards ToS but, that doesnt seem to matter as much as it used to and the only person(s) that would get in trouble would be Warmane themselves if they were to pursue anything about it. So far, my Warmane experience (about a month having it, 2 weeks using it) has been surprisingly pleasant aside from late night (EST time zone here) when there's more people on from other countries it seems.

8. Were you able to fix this issue? I think it only has to deal with the seeding - but I do not want to continue playing if they came after you just for connecting to the sever.

9. It's probably not necessarily the game they are warning you about. It's your use of torrenting service which /is/ again the ISP policies. Make sure you are not seeding any files and you should be okay.