1. Shadowfrost shard loot bug (FIX)

Hey guys. So I was running into an issue with looting shadowfrost shards the past few weeks, and I think I finally figured out the root of the problem, with some help from a friend. I wasn't able to find anything on the forums or Bugtracker about it, so I thought I'd post it here with hopes that maybe it'll spread and help someone else in a similar situation.

So, the first problem was that shards were dropping, and I was not able to see them, but a different raid member who was also on the quest could. The next problem was that sometimes when the shards did drop and I was able to see them, they could not be assigned to me, saying that "You can never use that item." When that happened, we just gave the shards to another raid member on the quest and he could loot it fine, so it was most likely a problem on my end.

I tried relogging, that didn't work. Tried switching master looter, group loot, free for all - no difference. I tried depositing the shards I had already collected into my bank, dropping the quest, retaking the quest, then withdrawing the shards from my bank, that still didn't work. After doing that a few times, I began to notice that whenever I got to the point where I withdrew the shards from my bank, the emote "Objective Completed" would show. I began to think that maybe the game somehow thought that I had "completed" the quest when I withdrew the shards from the bank, which in turn neither allowed me to see any shards that dropped nor allowed me to collect any additional shards, because it assumed had already collected all 50, when in reality I only had 28.

I assumed my character was bugged and had planned on getting a GM involved, but a guildie of mine (shoutout Napkin) suggested that I complete the same steps as before, but this time to LEAVE THE SHARDS IN MY BANK. In theory, this would trick the game into thinking I was starting the quest fresh. As it turns out, that's exactly what happened. I was able to see shard drops again, and was able to collect them again. I'm not sure how else to fix this bug nor do I plan on experimenting any further. So going forward, I guess I'll have to "reset" the quest prior to the start of every raid, as that's been the only solution I've encountered so far. I guess we'll see how it works out next week. Thanks for reading, and hopefully this will be useful information for others on the server experiencing the same bug.

P.S. Still no fix for the Sindy shard, as far as I know. Still needs to be free-for-all loot.

2. I'd like to remind everyone that this is still bugged, as I unfortunately found out today during my raid where I had hoped to get my 3 remaining [Shadowfrost Shards]. As if they weren't already enough of a pain to get, now as thought I was about to be done with this quest and get my Shadowmourne, I get scammed of my last shards and have to wait until next week to try again. At the very first boss, Marrowgar, I could tell something was wrong. I look in his corpse as I usually do, to check for shards and though I do not see any, the raid leader asks us to roll on [Shadowfrost Shard]. So I thought, that's weird, it wasn't showing up for me, but anyway I roll on it and win, but the raid leader cannot pass it to me. I too see the problem as the game tells me "You can never use this item" as he tries to pass it to me. I tell him to give this shard to the other guy that rolled on it, hoping it was just some glitch with this shard, but no. Another shard drops on Lady Deathwhisper, and again, I win and cannot get it. I try relogging, but the problem still persists. Needless to say, I was furious and left. The only thing that seems to fix it is leaving the shards in the bank like @xer0pwnage said. This bug is especially sneaky because it doesn't come up until you're nearing the 50 shards (47 for me but not exactly sure what triggers it).