1. How to avoid crafters scammers?

I will purchase materials for shoulders today and I will ask someone who have recipe to craft it for me, but how to avoid scam? Why the crafters always want your materials and fee before? How I am protected even if I recording video? He will get ban for 5 days and will keep my materials that I farmed 5 days too.

2. crafters want materials ahead of time because by and large, they do not keep 8 primordial saronite, 10 eternal whatever, and the other specific profession materials on them. If they did, they would craft the item and sell it on auction instead of waiting for someone who wants them crafted specifically for them, and get materials back in trade.

one thing I tend to do if looking for an item, is ask in guild, usually someone will have it, and guildies are much less likely to screw you over than randoms. beyond that, I would look at what I consider crafters only from what I would consider "respectable" guilds (e.g. not some troll ******* guild that invites anyone and everyone, but a guild with recruitment) as players from those guilds would also be somewhat less likely to run off with your materials