1. Disconnected

was queing 2v2 skirmishes when a que popped, I entered and in the middle of the loading screen I got DC'd with this message:

https://i.imgur.com/rXjFuXa.jpg

I logged back into my character selection screen but couldn't actually log into any character cus it kept saying "login failed" after a full loading screen. lasted for about 5-10 minutes and then just randomly stopped.

anyone else experienced something like this? and if so. what caused it?
    dont feel like getting server booted for 5 minutes when im doing real arenas

2. Happened to a guildie last night during a raid. He logged another char and logged back into the original character right after. Whole process took around 2 minutes. No idea what triggers this or how to reliably fix it though. Waiting a couple of minutes seems to work.

3. Happened to me yesterday mid raid, I shut down the game and re opened it and logged in just fine, took about 20 seconds, But I was supprised by the message aswell.

4. The server just recognizes your character still being online. I guess this is another tune up to prevent strain on the server from people relogging so much. I would expect more of this type of behavior as our populations continue to rise.

5. Really doubt that population will rise much unless we get another Corona quarantine. It is 1PM in Europe and you have around 22k players on all 3 WotLK realms. In the spring you could maybe get into Lord at the time, and right now there are 2k free slots on IC.

6. Happened to me yesterday mid raid, I shut down the game and re opened it and logged in just fine, took about 20 seconds, But I was supprised by the message aswell.
    i closed my game a couple times but didn't work (atleast not right away)

Good to know its just a thing that randomly happens and theres no way to avoid it. sucks, but hey, it is what it is.