1. racials independent of Races - human racial for all - ilvl 284 pvp trinkets

Due to the prevalence of ilvl 284 and 277 PvE trinkets, many competitive PvPers have chosen to be human for Every Man For Himself (EMFH). This of course means that a large percentage of PvPers are alliance, and thus longer queue times for BGs. Warmane addressed this with Mercenary Mode, which I commend them for. However, that fix didn't address the root of the problem of an imbalance of PvPers being on alliance. The imbalance does not just extend to the quantity of PvPers, but also the quality. Generally, higher skill players flock to alliance, even if their class can't be human, because of EMFH (for those who can't be human, they know their pool of potential arena teammates can be human).

This can cause other issues too, including the availability, comparative to alliance, of potential teammates for arena or to BG premades. Further, many PvPers don't enjoy playing a human (from a cosmetic perspective). It also just feels so homogenous right now in arena with all of the humans - it would be great to see more dwarves, tauren, orcs, etc.

Faction disparity and cosmetic issues aside, a third issue arises when classes (DK, Warrior, etc.) are able to choose ilvl 284/277 trinkets while other classes (e.g. Druids) are restricted to one PvE trinket and a ilvl 264 Pvp trinket.

A fourth issue some have complained about is concerning the burst in arena. After all, if a competitive player's class can be human, the player often chooses human and uses two top tier PvE trinkets instead of using the PvP trinket. This of course leads to more burst.

I recommend a simple solution that addresses all four of these issues. While it of course was not available on retail 3.3.5 *GASP* - oh the humanity! pun intended - this server has demonstrated a willingness to deviate from retail 3.3.5 when it clearly benefits the PvP community (e.g. Mercenary Mode). Here it is:

(1) Separate Racials From Races - ever race may choose a racial (other than EMFH - and possibly remove improved stealth of druids and improved stealth detection of humans), so a dwarf can have Will of the Forsaken and a human can have Shadowmeld. Changing your race OR racial would each cost 30 vote points.

(2) Preferably eery class, or at very least every class that can concurrently choose human, receives EMFH.

(3) Either buff the ilvl 264 pvp trinket to ilvl 284 (to increase the resilience) or make a new ilvl 284 trinket available at, let's say, 1700 rating.

If the above changes are implemented, the following will result:

(1) Greater balance, both in terms of quantity of players and skill level of players, between alliance and horde.

(2) The boringness of homogeneity is addressed - we'll see more dwarf warriors, gnome mages, etc.

(3) Provides players with more of a choice - not just with respect to racials - but with respect to gear. Right now, at higher levels, a DK, mage, ret, etc. is almost certainly a human with two PvE trinkets. That bump in the resilience with an ilvl 284 PvE trinket may entice a player to use a PvP trinket. Even if *most* still choose to keep two PvE trinkets, it at least makes the option of using a PvP trinket a bit more viable.

TLDR: racials (other than EMFH) should be independent of race; preferably everyone, but at least every class that can be human, should get EMFH; a ilvl 284 resilience pvp trinket (like the current ilvl 264 but w/ more resilience) should be introduced

2. racials independent of race are not... racials, are they now?
    Some racials are more beneficial and some races will be more beneficial, why is that such a big deal? Nobody should pick a tauren shaman or draenei priest, but they still do and they're missing out on the race buffs which is fine. If you want to look better then you lose the race benefits. Any analogy with real life I'd usually add here would be considered racist as we're discussing... races, but it works the same way irl too.
    BG queues are fixed by the mercenary mode and I don't see the need to introduce more custom stuff to compensate for that.

TLDR: EMFH op, please nerf 2020 edition

3. racials independent of race are not... racials, are they now?
    Never let nomenclature stand in your way. We can refer to racials with a different word if that helps with your role playing. I raised numerous benefits to the game and Mercenary Mode only addresses BG queue times.

Also, why would you want to nerf EMFH? A buff to the PvP trinket would be a better solution for addressing homogeny, but factional and racial, and would incentivize players to use a PvP trinket.

4. you would have to buff the trinket A LOT to balance it compared to 284 trinkets (nearly an sts procc for melees), this would break the balance for hunters,shamans and druids since they'd get a random, huge buff

5. you would have to buff the trinket A LOT to balance it compared to 284 trinkets (nearly an sts procc for melees), this would break the balance for hunters,shamans and druids since they'd get a random, huge buff
    I don't think it needs to be as good as 284 PvE trinket, just narrow the gap a bit.

6. The least invasive and most effective way to fix this problem would be to buff the PvP Medallion trinket.

An enhanced pvp trinket with, example, 253-300 resilience would be perfect. It would reduce the current huge pvp gap between humans and other races, without affecting other aspects of the game (like PVE).

you would have to buff the trinket A LOT to balance it compared to 284 trinkets (nearly an sts procc for melees), this would break the balance for hunters,shamans and druids since they'd get a random, huge buff
    Nope, it won't buff druids, hunters, shams. A nelf hunter vs a dwarf war would be the same, both would benefit the same from the new pvp trinket.
    The only one who would "lose" something is the human, which is the whole point of it, to nerf humans.
    Edited: August 9, 2020

7. Nope, it won't buff druids, hunters, shams. A nelf hunter vs a dwarf war would be the same, both would benefit the same from the new pvp trinket.
    Agreed - ele, hunters, and shaman will have a net zero buff against each other, and it would make the game a bit less bursty.
    Edited: August 10, 2020

8. I think an easier solution would be making human racial remove stuns only. It would make racial still useful but not too op as it is right now.

9. I think an easier solution would be making human racial remove stuns only. It would make racial still useful but not too op as it is right now.
    With all the 284 & 277 PvE gear, we need a resilience buff anyways. Just buff the PvP trinket's resilience and give top tier player's a real choice. Right now, it's hardly a choice and almost all flock to alliance and choose human if their class permits.

10. How about just to increase the cd of EMFH up to 3 minutes instead of two? That is a significant nerf, although I am not sure if that can be done from the server side, not the client.

11. When I enter a Arena or PvP with whoever I can tell by their race that "oh this is a tauren he has the stun". Without knowing what racials they have because everyone can have anything, I can't se how that will go well with the PvP community.

12. Buffing the PvP Trinket is the best option imho.

Anything else is too invasive/custom, warmane won't implement that.

13. I think an easier solution would be making human racial remove stuns only. It would make racial still useful but not too op as it is right now.
    I completely agree, this is a great solution.
    Unfortunately, the problem of the rogue and plate classes overgeared still remains :( 277 \ 284 equip op

14. Then also give everyone troll and orc racial becouse why not?

Keep crying about it, human is for pvp, whorde is for pve, deal with it.

15. Keep crying about it, human is for pvp, horde is for pve, deal with it.
    Sure, let's remove mercenary mode then. Let humen be humen for the sake of being humen who want to PvP. PvP is either arena team VS arena team or Alliance VS Horde. Gonna love those long human queues when there are Hordes online, who only want to PvE, and won't queue arenas/BG's. That's the price you pay then. Mercenary Mode isn't blizzlike, they should remove it, deal with the long queues then.

If you want PvP to be truly balanced, unlock the racials and see how everybody takes human racials, and are on same page with trinkets. I mean, you wouldn't want one race to have an edge against every other race, because that wouldn't be fair, now would it?

"But EMFH isn't op" (well, it's not in itself, it's op based on what it enables)! Why are all PvP enthusiastic min-maxers playing Human? Certainly not because they look awesome.

123 ... Last