1. This racial is clearly inbalanced and was changed in retail.
    One could play devil's advocate, and say:
    Since blizzard changed this, Warmane should change it too..
    It's only vocal minority that supports keeping it as is, and 99% of the server doesn't like human racial, so it should go.
    And those who want no change, are the PvP pros who have been benefiting from it for years.
    Limit the use of human racial, give it a 5 min CD.

2. One could play devil's advocate, and say:
    Since blizzard changed this, Warmane should change it too..
    It's only vocal minority that supports keeping it as is, and 99% of the server doesn't like human racial, so it should go.
    And those who want no change, are the PvP pros who have been benefiting from it for years.
    Limit the use of human racial, give it a 5 min CD.
    The human racial is one of very few reasons why people rolls an alliance character instead of horde.
    If the racial would get removed or its advantage nullified, the A:H ratio would get much worse.
    Also, 5 min CD means completely useless, nice idea there.

Lastly, to comment the thread, if you give everyone the human racial then you have to remove the additional racials that would advantage the non-human races like blood fury, berserk, 15% stun reduction and so forth.
    Not sure those who rolled troll and orc for PVE would be happy about this.

3. Lastly, to comment the thread, if you give everyone the human racial then you have to remove the additional racials that would advantage the non-human races like blood fury, berserk, 15% stun reduction and so forth.
    Not sure those who rolled troll and orc for PVE would be happy about this.
    No, that's not what i suggested. I suggested giving everybody the human racial (except perception) and allowing everyone to choose an ability currently tied to a race other than human in addition to every man for himself. So an orc would have Every Man For Himself and could have Escape Artist but would then not have Bloodfury. Lastly, I suggested a very nice buff to the current ilevel 264 pvp trinket to give it far more resilience so that people would have an actual viable choice between using two pve trinkets vs one pve + the pvp trinket.

4. No, that's not what i suggested. I suggested giving everybody the human racial (except perception) and allowing everyone to choose an ability currently tied to a race other than human in addition to every man for himself. So an orc would have Every Man For Himself and could have Escape Artist but would then not have Bloodfury. Lastly, I suggested a very nice buff to the current ilevel 264 pvp trinket to give it far more resilience so that people would have an actual viable choice between using two pve trinkets vs one pve + the pvp trinket.
    I see horde still crying that human is better for pvp lol /yawn

What a joke, same as retail.Dwarf had ability to remove boss bleed from new raid and blizzard removed it making it again 100% horde from world first -facepalm-

IF you want Every Man For Himself you are free to roll human, deal with it, and i say it as druid pvp/pve player without any chance for playing human.
    Its blizzlike server, dont like it go play on some custom,ther are arleady enough changes.

5. I see horde still crying that human is better for pvp lol /yawn

What a joke, same as retail.Dwarf had ability to remove boss bleed from new raid and blizzard removed it making it again 100% horde from world first -facepalm-

IF you want Every Man For Himself you are free to roll human, deal with it, and i say it as druid pvp/pve player without any chance for playing human.
    Its blizzlike server, dont like it go play on some custom,ther are arleady enough changes.
    So this has already been addressed. Literally all 9 of my level 80s are alliance precisely for the human racial. Even if they're not eligible to be human, I'm alliance to play with others who can roll human. So not sure why you thought I was horde, but run along now little one. It's past your bedtime.

6. Changing racials is an horrible idea and too much custom. It also open the doors to other unbalance problems.

An enhanced pvp medallion with x more resilience would fix the problem, nerfing the human racial indirectly, and it's way less invasive.

7. Changing racials is an horrible idea and too much custom. It also open the doors to other unbalance problems.

An enhanced pvp medallion with x more resilience would fix the problem, nerfing the human racial indirectly, and it's way less invasive.
    It's not my first choice but I would definitely support this as the next best thing to both boosting the PvP trinket's resilience substantiallay and also giving every race EMFH and a choice of any other racial (will of the forsaken, berserking, etc.)

8. It's not my first choice but I would definitely support this as the next best thing to both boosting the PvP trinket's resilience substantiallay and also giving every race EMFH and a choice of any other racial (will of the forsaken, berserking, etc.)
    I don't know, mixing racials more may not be the best. What I thought was you could choose 1 race's racial abilities and play with those in arenas/BG's.
    If you're a tauren shaman, you could pick human racials (weapon specialization, human spirit, EMFH, stealth detection) to keep it simple. Your tauren racials would be disabled for the duration of the match.

9. This forum has had this discussion numerous times. Sadly, Warmane shows no inclination whatsoever to even entertain the concept of fixing it. What amazes me most about it is that there are still a few ppl out there who attempt (rather weakly) to argue for keeping the broken racial. Their 'arguments' are always something akin to "tough ****. it's broken. deal with it".

I don't think messing with the actual racial will ever fly with the powers that be at Warmane. However, simply buffing the pvp medallion with 150 more resil would go an enormous distance with those of us (the vast majority of players) who still advocate for some form of solution. If they can run twin heroic pve trinkets, shouldn't a somewhat comparably powerful trinket be available for all non-human characters? I certainly think that's at least slightly more fair. As a horde player, it would allow me to switch a few of my gems into something more useful, rather than burning up all those sockets just to get enough resil to survive those human melees with shadowmourne and double heroic pve trinkets. It would bring at least SOME balance back to the factions in pvp. I've always advocated that it's in the best interest of the server itself and the entire pvp community to have a more balanced and fair platform. Arguing against this is just asinine. Why even have two factions if one has a huge advantage?

You could even make the trinket a purchasable item in your store. Hell, even 100 resil would help a lot. And no, I don't buy any of the arguments about adding resil that would alter balance between classes. Almost every alli I meet in bgs is human anyway, except the three (out of 10) classes that are not available in human. Arenas are positively broken for horde at high levels. Nearly 100% of all top level arena teams are alli, and almost every toon is human. The sole reason for this is the racial, and everyone knows it. Warmane has done numerous things that are outside of the original WotLK retail iteration, and yet somehow, the only "solution" they could come up with for this particular issue was the abomination you call mercenary mode. I love how it's only offered to alliance. Because only solutions that help alliance were considered. MM breaks the pvp scene even worse than it was before. It 'solves" absolutely nothing for horde. It only helps alli. Your Q problem would be more efficiently solved by balancing the factions. All the MMers do is pop bloodlust as the gates open and then afk or leave.

Warmane CAN fix this. They just have to want to. Buff the trinket. I'd be glad to shell out 23 coins for the damned thing, and I'm willing to bet a lot of other horde players would too. Get rid of MM. Win/win. Just do it.

10. Why dont you go ahead and remove everything that you people consider "broken" how about that, let's remove shadowmourne cause oh wait its broken and hurr durr my class cant use it?

Stop crying jesus christ

11. What I like here is that people point out that the vast majority of players don't like the human racial, I didn't know that 10-20 people made up the majority of a 10-12k populated server. The truth is the vast majority don't really care about the human racial.

12. What I like here is that people point out that the vast majority of players don't like the human racial, I didn't know that 10-20 people made up the majority of a 10-12k populated server. The truth is the vast majority don't really care about the human racial.
    I can't speak for others but as the person who started this thread, I think it was pretty obvious I was referring to the vast majority of players who pvp regularly. I'm fine with these changes being applicable while in BGs / arenas to avoid upsetting pve virgins.

13. I can't speak for others but as the person who started this thread, I think it was pretty obvious I was referring to the vast majority of players who pvp regularly. I'm fine with these changes being applicable while in BGs / arenas to avoid upsetting pve virgins.
    No you are reffering only for top arena teams on the ladder.

14. Why dont you go ahead and remove everything that you people consider "broken" how about that, let's remove shadowmourne cause oh wait its broken and hurr durr my class cant use it?

Stop crying jesus christ
    Yes...this is a fine example of the 'just asinine' to which I was referring. Nice slippery slope and strawman fallacies.
    Two logical fallacies in one nearly unreadable run-on sentence. Pretty impressive.

15. Yes...this is a fine example of the 'just asinine' to which I was referring. Nice slippery slope and strawman fallacies.
    Two logical fallacies in one nearly unreadable run-on sentence. Pretty impressive.
    maybe wotlk just isnt for you then

First ... 34567 ... Last