1. banned for ninja looting.... what?

so i played a few dungeons and for some reason when you click "greed" it includes getting banned... if the whole group that most of them are warriors and they click on greed , why should they even not pass the gear to the person who needs it?
    i mean i did i clicked on the "X" 1 day later i'm finding out i get banned for no reason... why though?
    i always click on "Need" when i really need that item and it can boost my stats , i don't take items from dungeons and sell it in the Auction house or in the normal shop.
    so why did i get banned for 5 days?
    i even looked on google what "NInja looting" means and it doesn't cover what i did so Admins..... WHAT IS YOUR EXPLANATION?

2. If everyone clicks GREED that doesn't mean you can just NEED on the item.

3. i always clicked on "greed"/"X"(Pass) but not "Need" i clicked on "Need" when i really needed that item and it could boost my stats... that's the point...
    Edited: August 9, 2020

4. You will not get banned if you NEED items for the spec you entered the dungeon as. For example, mp5 is not a dps stat - a mage selecting NEED on a mp5 ring would be ninja looting.

5. You will not get banned if you NEED items for the spec you entered the dungeon as. For example, mp5 is not a dps stat - a mage selecting NEED on a mp5 ring would be ninja looting.
    so now lets get back to the topic description...
    Why did i get banned for "Ninja looting"?
    xD

6. ...For doing what I described and gave an example for.

Okay, you want to get into the dirty - what spec did you enter the dungeon as? What item did you need on? What item did you replace?

7. You most likely needed something that isn't upgrade for your spec you joined in as.
    Even if you're DPS and tank item drops with better stats. It's still tank item and you're DPS, maybe somebody reported that?

Originally Posted by Aldtharios
    What qualifies as ninja?
    - Master Looter taking items that were not reserved or giving them to players that did not win, unless it's 2nd highest roll when winner had no use for the item (rogue rolling on caster trinket).
    - Changing looting rules during the raid, after it has started.
    Example: You joined a raid that was being advertised as one with no reserved items and after first boss raid leader says that he reserves item x from last boss.
    - Player exploiting game bug to bypass master loot. In such cases it is best if master looter would fill report that shows player leaving the raid and empty loot window.
    - Player need rolling (group loot) on items which he cannot even use.
    - In RDF needing on items for OS (unless everyone in party is explictly fine with this).
    - Need rolling for other players to have 2 or more roll chances at one item.

- Kicking players from raid for no reason, especially before distributing loot from boss kill that they participated in.
    Bolded RDF related actions.

8. You most likely needed something that isn't upgrade for your spec you joined in as.
    Even if you're DPS and tank item drops with better stats. It's still tank item and you're DPS, maybe somebody reported that?

Bolded RDF related actions.
    the guy who reported me was a warrior like me.
    i remember a "Tank" player in a dungeon and he told me he needed the item i traded the item right away
    even when we both needed it.
    i've never clicked "Need" on every item that's the point... only when it's really boosting my stats

9. So you ninja stuff, but not everything, so it's all good, right?

10. You will not get banned if you NEED items for the spec you entered the dungeon as. For example, mp5 is not a dps stat - a mage selecting NEED on a mp5 ring would be ninja looting.
    As long as its stats upgrade its not ninja looting, now mage rolling on attack power would be considered as nl, but you cant stop mage from rolling in dungeon on something that gives him more spell power.

As for the reason to get banned, there are a lot of holes in the rules that can be unclear, I myself got banned and unbanned for ninja looting. If you think you re innocent and didnt do anything wrong, ask for a ban appeal, but please be 100% sure of it and be ready to prove it, otherwise dont waste their time.

11. As long as its stats upgrade its not ninja looting, now mage rolling on attack power would be considered as nl, but you cant stop mage from rolling in dungeon on something that gives him more spell power.
    If there's an Intel/Stam/AP ring and a mage needs it, it's nl. If there's an Intel/Stam/mp5 ring and a mage needs it, it's nl.

Im just saying what they've always done in regards to ninja loot.

Go be a mage and need on some mp5 gear, see how fast the plebs report you.

12. If there's an Intel/Stam/AP ring and a mage needs it, it's nl. If there's an Intel/Stam/mp5 ring and a mage needs it, it's nl.

Im just saying what they've always done in regards to ninja loot.

Go be a mage and need on some mp5 gear, see how fast the plebs report you.

Have never seen that happened and i ve been here for years. Even in raids you can get banned for not giving a mage something he won even when it was heal priority, but it was an upgrade for him. Again talking about for example crit+mp5+spell power, but it has more spell power than his current ring. This is all as far as im concerned and experienced.

13. As long as its stats upgrade its not ninja looting, now mage rolling on attack power would be considered as nl, but you cant stop mage from rolling in dungeon on something that gives him more spell power.

As for the reason to get banned, there are a lot of holes in the rules that can be unclear, I myself got banned and unbanned for ninja looting. If you think you re innocent and didnt do anything wrong, ask for a ban appeal, but please be 100% sure of it and be ready to prove it, otherwise dont waste their time.
    well i did and i'm waiting now over 20 hours...
    the ban is for 5 days 4 days left...
    lets see how long they'll response.
    and someone can explain to me what items should i take so i won't take banned again?
    because usually (for a warrior) i go for alot of Strength main + off hand (two handed : axe , mace , sword) and alot of dmg.
    is it ok or should i change because the "report" include something i need to know about?

14. well i did and i'm waiting now over 20 hours...
    the ban is for 5 days 4 days left...
    lets see how long they'll response.
    and someone can explain to me what items should i take so i won't take banned again?
    because usually (for a warrior) i go for alot of Strength main + off hand (two handed : axe , mace , sword) and alot of dmg.
    is it ok or should i change because the "report" include something i need to know about?
    As a dps warrior, go for anything that has strength, attack power, agility, on these items you can roll need if they are upgrades for you. Do not roll need on any items that have mana and mana gains, spell power, or tank stats as parry/dodge/defense. As long as you keep it like this you should be fine.

15. Rolling Need on anything not for the role you are playing, no matter if an upgrade or not, will get you banned if someone reports you, unless every single person in the group agreed to allow you to do so. Also, your ban will run out before the ticket gets answered. Ban appeals have the lowest priority and usually take a week or so to get replied to.

123 Last