1. extreme lag

Hey guys,

Recently i started having this massive lag when i multibox, on all the alts but not the main. basically, they lag so much they cannot follow anymore.
    The thing is, i've never experienced this before, as i was always doing fine. Also the weird part is when i am not focusing any of my windows (main or alt),
    the whole thing is fine again. but when i click back on the main or alts window, all the other start lagging massively. Any Hints ?

note : the issue is not coming from the multibox program, (it remains the same without it) and visibly is not coming from the setup either. my guess is
    windows 10 is the culprit.
    i've already tried a couple things like /console maxfps but it didnt help. if you have any suggestions please let me know ...

EDIT : for some reason wow was on cpu instead of gpu so i switched back. also max foreground fps was probably capped
    and background fps was not... so im fine now :P
    Edited: August 12, 2020

2. need more information:
    CPU
    RAM
    GPU
    what version of wow are you running?

3. Wotlk. My setup is so bad i can't posit it here :D

But i can box 10 man though...

4. Hey guys,

Recently i started having this massive lag when i multibox, on all the alts but not the main. basically, they lag so much they cannot follow anymore.
    The thing is, i've never experienced this before, as i was always doing fine. Also the weird part is when i am not focusing any of my windows (main or alt),
    the whole thing is fine again. but when i click back on the main or alts window, all the other start lagging massively. Any Hints ?

note : the issue is not coming from the multibox program, (it remains the same without it) and visibly is not coming from the setup either. my guess is
    windows 10 is the culprit.
    i've already tried a couple things like /console maxfps but it didnt help. if you have any suggestions please let me know ...

EDIT : for some reason wow was on cpu instead of gpu so i switched back. also max foreground fps was probably capped
    and background fps was not... so im fine now :P
    Not sure what you're using but it sounds like isboxer. Depending on your settings, Isboxer may reset your background/foreground fps any time you make a change in the settings. Just a warning.

5. Wotlk. My setup is so bad i can't posit it here :D

But i can box 10 man though...
    that is the reason you have " Extreme Lag "

But there are way you can use help your self...

dont use too many addons
    play slaves in the lowest setting possible
    Use main with low setting and just use view distance in the middle.
    you have happen to be using isboxer for your choice of multiboxing software you can take advantage of the CPU strategy and max fps per clients.
    with isboxer try to use your main character at 30 fps and your slaves with 10 or 12 fps.

Monitor your hardware by pressing CTRL + SHIFT+ESC > Than go to performance.
    Make sure you are using all CPU cores available to you. you can also monitor what part of your hard ware is reaching a cap. and may be change or upgrade that part.

Monitor how much bandwidth you have coming in and out of your computer and between your wow clients.

Other than this with no information in your set up or hard ware there is nothing much we can do for you.

Good luck.

6. Thanks for the replys.

I use hotkeynet to multibox 5 man teams and sometimes 10. Never had any problems or lag until recently.

the lag i had was coming from a bunch of things :

- my cpu was doing the work instead of my gpu
    - alts weren't capped at low fps.
    - main was capped at low fps (?).

once i resolved those issues i had no more problem of lag.

BUT i have noticed that WoW windows were not lagging WHEN i put them as background windows... EVEN when all the above was not corrected.

I did not found any reasons for this, except that when WoW isn't on focus, maybe the wow client doesn't consume as much
    as memory/cpu/gpu... who knows must be some way blizzard did the programming