1. Leveling professions as you level up as a hunter

All of my characters are alliance and I want to try horde out for the first time since joining the server. I'll be leveling a hunter but I'll have zero resources because I can't transfer anything from my other characters (other than heirlooms). It's been a while since I've leveled (a year or two) so it'll be a fun experience I'm sure but I'll obviously need gold as I go. I know my main professions will be JC/ENG eventually but it'll be incredibly inefficient to start with those two.

What would be the ideal profession setup as I level or should I focus on questing and leveling only until I get 80?

I was thinking skinning and leatherworking since I'll be able to get decent boes when I hit level 80 that I can simply farm (leggings, boots etc.) or would skinning and a gathering profession be better?

Any tips would be appreciated; I haven't leveled in a while.

2. Skinning & LW could work while leveling and gearing at 80. Crafting your own gear means you're not that dependent on RNG, especially while leveling. Skinning should get you some nice money, though prepare to get big bags so you can actually loot/skin efficiently and not to struggle with bag space, after looting 5 mobs. Skin a lot, even if you don't need the leathers for LW anymore, as some leathers can be expensive.

I'd probably would consider getting JC/ENG once at higher gear level, as they are more of min/max professions. Perhaps after making some profit to have a nest egg for more expensive JC/ENG leveling.

Depending on how you want to level JC/ENG (fast & costly vs more time spent & cheaper), either drop both of your professions and go train your new professions via AH. Slower, albeit cheaper way, is to get mining first with either JC or engineering. Mine your own materials and level your other profession. Once the other profession is near 425 (where the profession perks comes usually), go either mine more, or drop mining and train via AH your last profession.

3. I hate having to drop proffs and relearn others... so I would do a bit of mining/eng (or jwc, eng is more fun and you make your own ammo which is nice; jwc is better for making gold later) as I level and drop mining when I have good stock for other prof.

Most time efficient way is to rush to 80 and do proffs later.

You should be able to send gold to your other faction alt via neutral auction houses (Booty bay, Ratchet, Winterspring?). Just post 1 cheap item for unreasonable price (like 1 cloth for 10k) and buy it on your ali main.

4. Had no idea about neutral auction houses, thank you. That solves a lot of issues.

5. Neutral AH takes 15% of your sucessfull auctions, so i wouldn't trade gold this way.
    as for skinning/leatherworking WHILE leveling, it has to be a joke.
    leatherworking is a pain and very slow to lvl, much slower than you would lvl to 80 anyway meaning that you would outgear all those craps BoE you can craft pretty very fast (except from ICC recipes which you wont have unless you're exalted...)
    instead, i would take mining since you are planning to go JC, that would makes a lot more sense.