1. I think it's pay to get ahead not pay to win, pay to win is when you can only get the best items by spending real money, but here you can get everything for free with enough time. so it's not p2w , it's p2GA (pay to get ahead) I mean, I have been playing for about 2 years here, and I'm pretty geared, not full BiS , but about half way all for free. Just takes time .

2. I think it's pay to get ahead not pay to win, pay to win is when you can only get the best items by spending real money, but here you can get everything for free with enough time. so it's not p2w , it's p2GA (pay to get ahead) I mean, I have been playing for about 2 years here, and I'm pretty geared, not full BiS , but about half way all for free. Just takes time .
    That's literally what p2w mean to 99.99% of gamers. There is nothing wrong with it, my paladin gear for example is all from the store, but for god sake can we stop pretent and call it as it it.

3. That's literally what p2w mean to 99.99% of gamers. There is nothing wrong with it, my paladin gear for example is all from the store, but for god sake can we stop pretent and call it as it it.
    See, my thing is any game I play I need something to work for, the only reason I don't buy all the best gear is simple, if I had all the besrt gear I won't have anything to work for anymore. , if I was full BiS, what else is there for me to do on this game,? go around kiilling noobs? That is fun for like a half hour. If I was full BiS i would not have a reason to raid, or a reason to pvp. So that will just ruin the game for me if i just buy all the best gear, I like this game, but if it gets too easy I will look for harder challenges.

4. If I was full BiS i would not have a reason to raid, or a reason to pvp. So that will just ruin the game for me if i just buy all the best gear, I like this game, but if it gets too easy I will look for harder challenges.
    Believe it or not not everyone is interested in gear progression. You may find pointless to do PVP when you are BIS, most PVP players will say this is when you actually start to PVP and push rating. And yes there is still plenty of challenge, or you telling me you are such godlike player that if you get BIS gear you literally become rank 1 and faceroll all raids?

5. Believe it or not not everyone is interested in gear progression. You may find pointless to do PVP when you are BIS, most PVP players will say this is when you actually start to PVP and push rating. And yes there is still plenty of challenge, or you telling me you are such godlike player that if you get BIS gear you literally become rank 1 and faceroll all raids?
    There are also people like me, who have 1 BiS PvE toon to help my guild progress further through endgame raids, while I spend zero coin on my alts so I can enjoy gear progression as well. :P It's a good balance like that.

In regards to the specific term 'P2W', though, it definitely is there to some extent - just not in the sense that OP is talking about, i.e. there's no difference between 'earned' and bought Shadowmourne. Aside from that, as an MMORPG, it's definitely true that gear is a large factor; an overwhelming gear advantage will for the most part outweigh a difference in skill (unless your opponent is a potato).

In that sense, you can argue that it's 'P2W' for PvP... up to a certain level.

Being a 'stale' (static) server, by this point it's not exactly 'P2W' but more 'Pay to catch up' in essence, since we do already have 123124123123242 SM-wielders in full Wrathful running around.

As in, from the point of view of non-Premium players, it can definitely be seen as P2W, but from the perspective of the people who do get BiS PvP gear from store, they're not exactly 'winning' yet, since there's still the grind against the multitudes of other BiS players. The difference being that you skip the whole stage of getting rekt by people with BiS because you don't have the gear.

In regards to PvE in general, honestly if someone else gets SM, good for them, now you have an easier raid since the other guy deals more DPS.

6. getting 1 shotted with 1400 resillience is part of the learning process for spriests.
    only the rage from getting facerolled by people you cant respect and consider completely worthless will lead you to becoming good at the game
    appreciate the frustration as a learning tool and read my spriest tips/pvp details post in priest forums for some help
    im in same position as you, except 2-4 weeks ahead, aka i experienced this frustration 2 weeks ago.

7. Do people even understand what pay to win means?

You cant "pay to win" on warmane.

Wtf are you talking about? Donate and log in and magically have gladiator title? Or donate and log in and heroic 25man Lich king is just magically defeated?

Warmane is not pay to win, you cannot donate for a "free win".

The closest thing you can get to "pay to win" is donate and buy a character with achievements already earned. But you didnt really donate to win, you just donated for a character that has already won.
    Edited: September 19, 2020

8. how someone told here before, when someone ask if a wow server is pay to win, is talking about the possibility of buying gear for money, not if the staff sells customize items, unlock console commands or other stuff. Context and common sense.

"- hey man, can you keep this still for one sec?
    - no i can't because it gonna keep moving at the same speed than earth, lol people talk about static stuff even when universe is in constant motion xD"

9. Do people even understand what pay to win means?

You cant "pay to win" on warmane.

Wtf are you talking about? Donate and log in and magically have gladiator title? Or donate and log in and heroic 25man Lich king is just magically defeated?

Warmane is not pay to win, you cannot donate for a "free win".

The closest thing you can get to "pay to win" is donate and buy a character with achievements already earned. But you didnt really donate to win, you just donated for a character that has already won.
    How cute ? Trying to convince urself that u dont get wins because of the store ?

Go on frostmourne, get full 232 char by the store and tell me u can't go straight to at least 1800-1900 ? You gonna rip apart the ppl geared 200 no matter how u play. The difference between tier is way too big, so yes this is definitly a Pay To Win.

When u been burst down in 5 sec by a rogue full 239 trinkets and weapons , and the guy even never put a foot in naxx 10, thats a f****ing P2W dude.
    Without the store, the guy would never get the kill hence the win. End of story

10. How cute ? Trying to convince urself that u dont get wins because of the store ?

Go on frostmourne, get full 232 char by the store and tell me u can't go straight to at least 1800-1900 ? You gonna rip apart the ppl geared 200 no matter how u play. The difference between tier is way too big, so yes this is definitly a Pay To Win.

When u been burst down in 5 sec by a rogue full 239 trinkets and weapons , and the guy even never put a foot in naxx 10, thats a f****ing P2W dude.
    Without the store, the guy would never get the kill hence the win. End of story
    lol so what you suggest if i have bis items to remove them use the same as you do?
    You think we are 10 year old kids to fool around or what?
    p2w means when you cant obtain the gear without money.
    But here on warmane you can obtain everything.
    even SM amd valnyr are easily to do if you are in a top guild on icecrown.
    If i worked my way to the BIS char i shouldnt i use it at maximum potential?
    icecrown is 4-5 years old..
    you realise 70-80% of those that started have several chars bis without donating.
    you dont even need that much, if you play 1 year is enough to get bis char or 2 chars.
    grow up adapt and deal with it.
    or cry and no one cares

11. lol
    p2w means when you cant obtain the gear without money.
    even SM amd valnyr are easily to do if you are in a top guild on icecrown.
    icecrown is 4-5 years old..
    you realise 70-80% of those that started have several chars bis without donating.
    you dont even need that much, if you play 1 year is enough to get bis char or 2 chars.
    grow up adapt and deal with it.
    or cry and no one cares
    On my Hunter I went straight into ICC and got carried by guild, took me 2 raids in ICC and I got really really lucky, 6,1k GS within a week, next 2 weeks I climbed to 6,4k, My Hunter never set a foot in Naxx, Ulduar, Toc, Onyxia, EoE, OS, and when I kill a person in BG's within 3 seconds they all scream "donor noob pay to win **** this server".

The definition of "Pay to win" is "Get better items then everyone else" which is not the case here.
    If you go and buy a BiS character on store at frostmourne that's at least 370 coins, up to 400 coins, That's a lot of money to be BiS just for another month, or in this case 14 more days, since TOC will release by then.

SM and Val anyr can be obtained no matter what guild your in, I know several people who gained those legendary items without being in guilds.

Icecrown is a merge of servers before, I started play on Neltharion in 2009, it merged and became Ragnaros, then Ragnaros merged and became Icecrown, So basicly I have characters on Icecrown that's 11 years old (without considering the moltdown).

12. On my Hunter I went straight into ICC and got carried by guild, took me 2 raids in ICC and I got really really lucky, 6,1k GS within a week, next 2 weeks I climbed to 6,4k, My Hunter never set a foot in Naxx, Ulduar, Toc, Onyxia, EoE, OS, and when I kill a person in BG's within 3 seconds they all scream "donor noob pay to win **** this server".
    Good job on learning the language of the opposing faction.

To OP, its P2W, adapt it. On BG s, both of your opposing faction and your faction have geared players so its not that big problem. The problem starts at arena when you lose against gear even if you did raise decent PvP gear. There is no room for you, if you dont have near bis gear unless you are playing a comb with priest or mage. Good luck struggling against BiS people at 1700+ unless you buy your gear or spend a long time doing raids "when you are not supposed to".

PS: Still, I think you exaggerated when you said you got 3 shotted during dispercion. Why pop dispercion near full hp, while having shield even?
    Edited: October 17, 2020

13. Good job on learning the language of the opposing faction.
    They actually logg their toons on opposite faction and start wispering very mean things.

14. It's more like pay to save time. You will get to full BiS eventually, there is no pay wall preventing you from doing it. I can understand that if you don't enjoy the progression part of the game you call upon the credit card power to skip it and start doing what you enjoy more (pvp mostly, or maybe hc raiding ?).

And time is a more valuable resource than money, never forget that.

(Btw I never spent a penny after the 10$ donation I made in 201X to skip queue, because when I was playing here I was too young to spend money on games.)

15. The server requires donations to run so complaining about how rets can delete you through dispersion isn’t going to change anything for you. If you’re not happy with the state of things you can build treehouses in Fortnite! This is just pointless venting.
    This is a really bad take from you Markux. It's basically just a false dicotomy.

>Either things stay the way they are
    >Or you go play Fortnite cause nothing could ever change.

Why would you say that? You don't think a server can function without players buying legendary tier items? What about if legendary tier items were cheaper and everyone could get them? Or if scripting was taken seriously so that most of the smourne classes couldn't just oneshot and end up top 50 by paying 12€?

The choice isn't just a two option one, there is a massive grayzone.

First 123 Last