1. OP here. Seems pretty lame to me no matter which way you look at it. I really can't recall an incident where I ever overstepped in terms of needing a dungeon item. Staff has yet to reply to my ban appeal after two days and it's left a really sour taste in my mouth. I do a lot for the community in terms of helping new players as well as queuing up dungeons with my BIS tanks just to help those in need of a queue. The fact that I am being punished for something without any evidence or explanation after being a loyal player for 3 years makes me want to look for a new place to spend my recreational time.

2. Yes those dream shards and abyss crystals are equally worth an actual gear uppgrade, is it just me or has this ninja policy actually gone to far? it feels absurd at this moment how specific the rules are and how big loopholes there are in them.

If someone don't respond if you ask if you can roll MS, but then make a ticket (where all of the sudden he can write a lot) I se a huge problem if you decide to handle out a bann on those terms.

3. If someone don't respond if you ask if you can roll MS, but then make a ticket (where all of the sudden he can write a lot) I se a huge problem if you decide to handle out a bann on those terms.
    I don't think there is a problem, player has a right to roll, by default and undisputed, he doesn't have to defend his right to roll. No one can take it from him, he can only give it away by voicing it.

4. What's funny is I have only been playing my new druid for two weeks, and the ban happened at some point during this time, and I literally NEVER rolled need on an item that 1) I did not genuinely need and 2) That no one else needed. I waited for everyone to roll to make sure that it was appropriate that I roll. This is my fail-safe. I was banned by the staff on behalf of some troll and what's worse is they didn't even care to really check the validity of it.

5. There are many loopholes that trolls can abuse.
    An example scenario would be when you get into RHC as dps, and tank or healer leave so you take their role while waiting for new one to queue. The obvious thing to do would be to re-queue with the role you are substituting for checked in, because with the way RDF queue work, the chance of getting new tank/healer on an existing instance are abysmal. When a replacement dps will join the instance, your role would be changed to the one you are substituting as, and therefore making it possible for trolls to report you on rolling need on dps items even when you originally queued as dps.
    Inb4, not checking in the role you are substituting in can prevent all this issue, but on dungs that require decent dps (like HOR) it will just make people mad at you.

6. 2) That no one else needed. I waited for everyone to roll to make sure that it was appropriate that I roll. This is my fail-safe.
    This is what got you probably, you can't do that.

When a replacement dps will join the instance, your role would be changed to the one you are substituting as, and therefore making it possible for trolls to report you on rolling need on dps items even when you originally queued as dps.
    And where is the loophole? You gave up your dps rolls - you accepted the que pop as Tank, so now you can roll for tank items. All those excuses and stories mean 0. Fact is that if you roll NEED on dps items as tank, someone will probably report you and it will be legit and fair report.

7. Seriously, there only are "loopholes" that so-called trolls can use IF you first try to make up some loophole yourself in the first place - hence what shhnedo posted. If you follow the very simple guidelines and don't try to act like they "don't apply on this case" (like the mentioned "no one used Need, so I'll use it myself") or like your off-spec has inherent higher priority than a regular Greed, you won't ever have any trouble, like the vast majority who didn't get banned once.

8. I think eveyonce offspecc have higher prio then enchanting mats that there's several thousands of on auctionhouse yes, but that my wacky way of thinking, I guess actual gear uppgrades isn't important in this game where every single leader asks for high GS allready.

I don't think there is a problem, player has a right to roll, by default and undisputed, he doesn't have to defend his right to roll. No one can take it from him, he can only give it away by voicing it.
    In what universe does being silent = no.

Trolls allready make up their loopholes around your ingame rules to annoy and piss off players as much as they can, and you think this will not be abused, this is like a smorgosbord for trolls, all of this because you decide to bann on these terms, could be very simply fixed by saying "only if you reply with "No you can't MS roll OS" THEN and only THEN does your ticket have validity.
    Edited: August 17, 2020

9. By that logic - there are hundreds of BoE items on AH for offspecs, that means each item has to have specific conditions? Enchanting regents that will be used for players mainspec is higher priority compared to selling them? Everyone has to type out blankets to defend their right to roll? No, that's not realistic, but "if no one NEEDs for mainspec we all get the chance to get it for os/reagent/vendor" is fair, isn't it?

When you work for a month and one day before paycheck - do you defend your right to get paid, or you earned it? Someone can just say "I got a new laundry machine this month, so I need more resources - you will have to give me a part of what you earned", if you don't say anything that means you agree to that? You even have law on your side if you don't get paid as agreed. Similar thing, when you Accept RDF pop you basically say "I have a right to roll NEED on upgrades for spec I joined with and I have a right to fair GREED if no one NEEDs". If someone takes a chunk of what you earned because he thinks his os or whatever is more important - this is the whole reason why these rules exist in a first place.

How can anything piss you off, I don't get it. NEED for MS upgrades, GREED for anything else. Everything is clear as day.
    As much as I'd like to see these rules dismantled, this is how it is. If you want to gear your offspec, recruit people who all agree, farm it until you get sick of it, NEED on everything if that's what you all want, there is literally 0 problems.

edit
    You know how it looks from those "trolls who dont say anything" perspective?

"Some doofus is blabbing and tripping hard about some delusion about his OS or whatever, trying to entitle himself for extra loot. Lmao talk more, I dont care, rules are clear and no matter how much you talk, without consent you can't take my fair right to roll."

Something along these lines.

10. By that logic - there are hundreds of BoE items on AH for offspecs, that means each item has to have specific conditions?
    This isn't about BoE's I belive, There's more items that's BoP, that you can't get anywhere except dungeons, I don't se how enchanting materials are worth more.

Did you read what I wrote?
    People not replying when you ask if you can roll MS, but then make a ticket about it and gets the guy like OP banned.
    You're an old player like me, you know aswell as I do that a lot of people never say a word even if you try to talk to them.
    Making a rule specifically saying that EVERYONE needs to speak (when some never do) is unrealistic.

11. No, that's the only thing good about these rules. I don't have to defend my irrefutable right, I have it no matter what anyone says.

I mean in what universe staying silent - yes? If i can ask?
    I'm paying for my food in store and someone can just take my walled out of my hands? "Hey, you didnt say "NO" bruh". I can go grab girls on the street, hey she didn't say "NO". You walk on the street and everyone you pass says "NO", "NO", "NO", "NO", "NO", "NO", if someone doesn't say anything you can just take their shoes, their wallets, etc - hey, he was silent - that means "YES"?
    How trippy is that?

12. No, that's the only thing good about these rules. I don't have to defend my irrefutable right, I have it no matter what anyone says.

I mean in what universe staying silent - yes? If i can ask?
    I'm paying for my food in store and someone can just take my walled out of my hands? "Hey, you didnt say "NO" bruh". I can go grab girls on the street, hey she didn't say "NO". You walk on the street and everyone you pass says "NO", "NO", "NO", "NO", "NO", "NO", if someone doesn't say anything you can just take their shoes, their wallets, etc - hey, he was silent - that means "YES"?
    How trippy is that?
    This is why no one can have a discussion with you. I'm trying to stay on topic.
    If a person does not reply to OP saying "no" how can his ticket be valid?
    Do you honestly think that every player that never speaks should have the power to change the whole way a lot of people do RDF's, because now no one will be able to change MS roll because of that silent person, who might be a kid trolling, just waiting for you to press need.

13. You think just by speaking you have a power to change the way a lot of people do RDFs?

How can he troll you if you follow the rules? If you don't get 4 "yes" in chat you don't press NEED. How can he troll you??

No matter what you think or say - staying silent means "NO". This is what I tried to demonstrate to you, but I guess you didn't even read that.

14. That's literally what rule says, where is the surprise? Supposed "lots of ninjas" created this rule and eliminated any leeway in this regard, as it's not up to players anymore. Or maybe players who don't say anything now are protected and it's great for them since these "muh OS" dudes were leeching off of them for years and years, who knows.

15. That's literally what rule says, where is the surprise? .
    The surprise is there for the player who gets banned, because if you can't / don't / wount respond to a simple question, but then take your time to making printscreens and writing a ticket about it there's something wrong wouldn't you say? no, you wouldn't and that's why I'm thankfull your not representing the staff.

First 123 Last