1. Magic Resistance

yo am dk tank and in raids like icecream citadel or voa i was shocked by magic dmg i was taking from bosses. So i saw that frost dk have that skill called acclimation so i changed it to frost to see how good so i used lesser flask of resistance and gift of wild and similar magic resist.And i was shocked that i could reach 400 magic resistance agaist every kind of spell (except holy idk why they dnt have it in wotlk but nvm guessin bubbledins have special treatment)but i ddnt do icecream citadel raid yet but did voa 25 f n f and shocking dmg reduct is insane including physical do less dmg coz of improved frost presence and unbreakable armor.So my question is it really worth it having that much magic resistance or am just opsesed with that.

2. Resistances are an EHP trade-off rather than an improvement, in general you'd be better off aiming towards stats like stamina especially while gearing up. If you do however want to prepare for a specific fight (for example, if you find yourself tanking LK + Ruby inside most of the time and you want some shadow resistance) your goal is to aim for specific resistance thresholds.

For a lvl 83 boss, the minimum possible resist thresholds are:

128 > 10%
    219 > 20%
    340 > 30%
    510 > 40%
    765 > 50%

As I mentioned earlier, you'd be better off sticking to stamina+armor while gearing up since you'll be tanking a variety of bosses with different damage types so 1 form of resistance won't cover everything.

3. As frost dk i have very good armor and stamina have all items that give extra armor like (pillars of might sanct chestguard,gargoyle spit bracers... etc) frost dk have improved icebound fortitude and unbreakable armor which is so good and synce i have all 4 sets of scourgelord i have that buff on blood tap.And i dnt have only 1 type of resistance when i stack acclimation to 3 it boosts that resistance to 400 with all buffs but without acclimation i have 250 resist on every magic dmg. So my question is should i be blood or frost.I rly like acclimation and everything on frost but blood have 3% more stamina but that talent will of necropolys makes me bit unsafe coz its tanking on luck.It doesnt have ardent defender like pala that when ur below 35% and if u die it will heal u up to 25khp or more.Will of necropolis doesnt have that.So wut do u guys think.Blood or frost.And why in the hell there is no holy resistance coz it would be good agaist bubbledins in duel or that icc boss when u heading to syndragosa similar look like those val kyr.
    Edited: August 28, 2020

4. Only worthwhile tradoff is if you have Lewatherworking, you put shadow resist on Wrist + head enchant(or Back enchant). Then you have over 219 with palas aura for those guaranteed 20% resists with minor sacrifice. Its 102 stamina + 225 Armor sacrificed for guaranteed additional 10% magic dmg resisted.

However I'd recommend this only if you know what you are doing, in endgame and preferably have spare set of those items with different enchants to adapt for specific boss like Sprotess said. It's not required to do this, but it's nice boon in specific situations - and makes you weaker in majority of situations tough, hence you must know whats up.

And go Blood, it's most versatile and powerful tanking spec, it becomes only stronger with more gear while Frost tank is exact opposite. Blood has Vampiric Blood which is pretty much God mode for 15 secs and becomes stronger with every stamina point you get, while frost's Unbreakable armor will diminish greatly as you gear up and in the end will provide you almost nothing. Will of the Necropolis is not Palas Ardent sure, but it is pretty great and worth every point in it. Acclimation is nothing big either, constant damage ticks is not what will kill you, what kills you is you missing a button to press when healer gets tombed/unchained/debuff etc(Vamp Blood <> Unbreakable Armor).

5. u can get more resist if u have alchemy profession as i do lot of people dont know that lesser flask of resist gives 90 resistance if u are alchemist u dnt need lw for upgrading mr.I was blood and frost and for most bosses acclimation is more than good example like valanar,festergut or syndragosa it stacks to max and they literally do little dmg and if healer get cc i just press icebound fortitude which on frost presence lasts almost 20 sec which is op and spam death strike if icebound is on cd i use blood tap which is also good if u are nearly bis. forgot to mention u get 2% dmg reduction while have improved frost presence.I was tanking with blood presence but somehow i died more times.In dungeons theres no doubt that bood is better self healing is insane but in raids u need to be more relay on aggro and dmg reduction coz if u lose aggro for just a 3 or 4 sec u can wipe whole raid and as frost i ddnt have any problem with aggro. altho i use 2h weapon as frost tank which is kinda strange but it works.

6. Point is that you don't need "more resist". It's like a thing you can play with when you are BiS and bored. It's not worth to sacrifice so much other stats/CDs to gain adittional 10% spell damage resisted on 3 bosses in your current relevant raid.

I mean play as frost in blood presence or whatever you meant, I understand it's all great novelty and fun while you are inexperienced, thumbs up. It's just that all the most effective ways are theorycrafted, simmed and thought about some 10 years ago, and to be the best you can be you will end up as Blood Tank.

7. u missunderstand shortly i used extra armor items like (pillars of might verdigris chain belt etc..) to sustain physical dmg and used frost acclimation improved frost presence and all kind of magic resist to sustain from magic dmg that deals so much dmg now idk why u all stuck with blood presence cozi think frost is the best. i mean no insult but when i saw that in blood u guys dnt use morbidity talent it was a bit joke to me coz that talent is MUST HAVE as dk tank to hold aggro.I tryed to have talents from internet but i just couldnt hold aggro. so now i use talents that i think are best for me and its great no aggro loss and that kind of stuff.

8. That's great if it works for you,

I'm just saying that as you will progress you will end up with Blood talents for tanking(is that what you meant by "blood presence"? Because no one tanks in blood presence).
    While you are farming dungeons etc, morbidity is amazing, even must-have for nice pace of pulls and aoe aggro. I just thought you are talking about raids. In which case - don't worry about resistances, stack armor+stamina, change to blood talents for nice defencive CD rotation and you are good.

9. ok my mistake i meant why u all stuck with blood talents xd.I use frost as tank but why all stuck with blood coz its obv that frost is way btter even in 2h if u want i can link u my gear and talents. so u can decide is it good or not.And my main qustion is why no one using morbidity talent i think its MUST HAVE but idk why no one using it am i missing smth?
    Edited: August 29, 2020

10. No one is "stuck" with Blood talents, players choose them to do best possible tanking with DK.

Morbidity depends on what you want to do - in raids it's not necessary, 30 sec CD is enough to get the job done in those few cases when you need that.

At this point i'll just assume you are trolling, have fun, do your thing.

11. Well everyone knows whats best for himself i personaly think ma talents are good despite everyone using blood.Also i think blood is sh1t and its better to be used as pvp.i mean 3% more stamina and 15% more dmg reduct while below 30% hp is so risky so id rather stick with frost better avoidance,better armor,better aggro,better magic resist,and improved icebound fortitude.

12. Those things are great.
    But I think you have misunderstood the role of a tank. Threat is not a problem with Blood. Constant damage is not a problem. Problem is things like Reaper, movement during Cutters, Unchained on Healers, etc. That's what kills you and with frost you have longer Icebound which doesn't matter, danger will be passed long before those extra seconds start to tick. Unbreakable armor gets weaker with every armor point you get and with 264+ gear it's pretty much in low single digits - very low usefulness.

So look at it like this:
    Frost:
    Usual DK kit +
    Acclimation - low usefulness, maybe stacks usefully on 1 boss in the game.
    Unbreakable Armor - only against physical, low usefulness from the start, gets diminished even further as you gear up.
    Icebound Fortitude +6 secs. Low on usefulness, damage spike danger will be passed well before usual 12sec duration.

Blood:
    Usual kit +
    15% Damage reduction on damage that takes you below 35%, decently useful especially on endgame bosses - they hit like a truck. No effort or management needed, it's just there, works against all damage.
    Vampiric Blood - 15 seconds with 1 min CD - Extremely High usefulness. Works against everything.
    Higher heals from Death Strike on Blood talents. Makes sniping DS after you take damage even more effective. Works against everything.
    Deflection - very low usefulness, barely worth to mention.

So with Frost you get weak CDs and passives that work only in specific scenarios.
    With Blood you get strong passives/Cds that work in any scenario against every kind of damage and get only stronger the more geared you are.

Not that Frost can't tank 25hc ICC with 30% buff, he just need to constantly ask for external CDs from disc/Retris~palas in general. With good communication can be done, I have tanked it with Frost, i have healed Frost tanks. It's just extra effort from your team because you want to be "special".
    Edited: August 30, 2020

13. Fine ill try to use blood tal but that thing no one using morbidity is kinda strange to me. but ill try use blood maybe ur right i ddnt tank as blood in icc i should try it. and am not tryin to be special just think extra MR would help.should i use bloodworms? in pvp they are no use but in pve most of trash n bosses dont have aoe.should i leave will of necropolis and go double raid buff?
    Edited: August 30, 2020

14. Well, i have no idea what is your objective and what you want to tank, so i cant help much with talents and stuff, you said frost is great for you, maybe you are in gearing phase and farming Eot trough RDF, then it's pretty great, blood with morbidity too in that case is great. Bloodworms generally is waste of talent points, because of laughable benefit and because they suck up chain heals and such(maybe it's fixed no idea).

You have to refer to guides.

15. i just tryed playng as blood dk found talents on internet, was killin marrow on hc 25 mode with almost bis items and he cleaved me for 30k dmg and as frost i get cleaved by marrow 18k dmg under the buff of unbreakable armor. idk wut u guys see in blood talents but wow how huge diff btw forst and blood talents. yes its true with glyph u get 15 sec vamp blood which is cool and op but between physical and magic dmg difference is huge.I did raid wipe on marrow most ez boss in icc then i got angry switched to frost and dmg reduction was huge literally 12k dmg less when i was in frost talents,and that improved icebound fortitude is life savior idk maybe u guys like blood bcz of that talent called vamp blood but i see more dmg reduct and magic reduct in frost.also did lk and was nothing special (with people that are on discord and with brain). in frost talents only prob was pp and thats all.Im not trolin u just sayn.and by the way 3k more increased heal by death strike is not worth to sacrifise all good frost talents.

12 Last