1. Is my gear (stats) normal?

Hello, i have a question. I started playing rogue for the first time, ive read some guides. Im just curioi, is my gear OK-ish? am i buying wrong gems and enchants? what stats should i focus from now on? Thanks all

https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary

2. I don't know much about rogues, and your main spec is Assassination? I know that as combat you spam armor penetration gems like no tomorrow.

The thing I def see wrong here are gems.
    Gems with any kind of stamina are a huge NO for any dps/heal spec. You can put red gems into blue socket without any issues so don't waste stats and money on worthless gems.
    And I'm also quite sure that you don't need haste on rogue, so those gems should be swapped.

Enchants are fine as far as I can see.

3. as combat you spam armor penetration gems like no tomorrow.
    And I'm also quite sure that you don't need haste on rogue, so those gems should be swapped.
    Assassination = Haste
    Combat = ArP

What OP should do is consider which path he wants to go for. Assassinations are frowned upon as they don't buff the raid. Combat provides 4% physical damage increase. Assassination can pull better DPS, if they just sit on boss, nothing else. Combat wins in fights with target switching, and their single target DPS is comparable to Assassination's. Potentially slightly better Assassination DPS doesn't outweigh Combat's DPS and its 4% raid wide physical damage increase.

Gemming: Don't bother re-gemming any 232/245 items, you should be able to replace them soon enough. Still, you should follow Evangelion's suggestion above, what comes to removing stamina gems. As for Assassin rogue, haste is a stat better suited for single target attacks, such as raid bosses, and attack power is better suited for target switching and RDF HC type of scenarios. Consider dropping attack power gems for haste gems, once you're raiding more, and doing less RDF HC. The gems are fine for ICC10's and ToC25's, but I'd start going for haste gems on any upgrade I get.

4. Try to check out class forums, there are some really nice guides for assassination/combat rogue, which includes gearing, item's enchantment and gemming ;)

5. Assassination = Haste
    Combat = ArP
    That I did not know, thanks for correcting me.

I always thought that non-Combat goes pure AP.

6. Thanks all for the replies. I did read guides, but I was really confused with all the info, since i've read both Assa and Combat guides.

Anyways, I have Combat DS ,just need to get my sword.

Thanks for all the info, I will focus on ArP more now!

Also, one more question. Is glyph of Eviscerate worth it? On combat i have glyphs for SS, KS, and Adrenaline Rush.

7. If you wish to go combat, you can read more about combat rogues here.

Quick answer for your glyph question: Not at your gear level. It's good when you're near BiS. My recommendation would be Glyph of Rupture for your third glyph.

EDIT: I recommend you to focus purely on Combat in that case, until you reach, let's say, 6K GS mark. Why? Well Assassination and Combat are completely different, what comes to gemming, and gems are expensive. Since they use very different gems, you'll need to get another set of items to properly play your second spec. Assassination guide.
    Edited: August 21, 2020