1. How do I get better gear?

Im currently having a lot of trouble getting better gear, I want to just play arena and pvp but I would play pve if needed to get better gear. I am pretty new to the game overall, I started playing around a month or two ago. I have researched a lot about it all but its still all pretty unclear to me, I queue for BGs and always get 2 hit and cant help at all. I ran fos/pos nm for a while and got 3.9k gs but I only have 2 pieces of pvp gear, I asked some people how to get better pvp gear and they just tell me to play BGs, farm honor and get pvp gear with honor or tell me to play ICC but I can't find anyone that will accept me because I have too low gs. I would just like some direction on where I should go from here, my goal is to get the best pvp gear I can but I really don't know what to do anymore, honestly it would really help if I could talk to someone, because most of the answers that people give me or that I find when looking for guides and whatnot just give me more questions than they actually help.

2. Im currently having a lot of trouble getting better gear, I want to just play arena and pvp but I would play pve if needed to get better gear. I am pretty new to the game overall, I started playing around a month or two ago. I have researched a lot about it all but its still all pretty unclear to me, I queue for BGs and always get 2 hit and cant help at all. I ran fos/pos nm for a while and got 3.9k gs but I only have 2 pieces of pvp gear, I asked some people how to get better pvp gear and they just tell me to play BGs, farm honor and get pvp gear with honor or tell me to play ICC but I can't find anyone that will accept me because I have too low gs. I would just like some direction on where I should go from here, my goal is to get the best pvp gear I can but I really don't know what to do anymore, honestly it would really help if I could talk to someone, because most of the answers that people give me or that I find when looking for guides and whatnot just give me more questions than they actually help.
    There's a line of quests in wintergrasp you can do to earn about 19k+ honor. If you join wintergrasp and finish the quests there, you will earn another 6k honor. Finishing those quests also give you another currency you can buy gear with there as well. It's a good place to go if you're farming early honor gear.

Do random lich king heroics to earn emblem of frost.

Get 1k achievement points and start "voting" on the website. Your account panel will let you earn 0.8 points a day, which you can use to buy some 230+ gear. One of the biggest perks is buying a Furious weapon.

Continue joining bgs, because even though you're weak, your comrads might not be, and you might win more times than you should because of a good roll of the dice.
    Edited: August 21, 2020

3. Which class do you play?

You can always spam RHC and use emblems of triumph to buy furious set if you don't want to do bgs like that (Even tho that is an option too, you can get Furious Set and Wrathful offset by spamming BGs even with that GS), focus on being an annoying little **** in BGs that have defense points - in AB sit on one base and delay enemy team from capturing it, same in EotS for example.)

Valestia made a good point about WG too, that's almost one piece of set/offset just by doing 6-7 quests every week.

4. I was mostly doing all of those already but wasn't really sure if I should do it because some people say to do something completely different. Thanks for the confirmation!
    Also is there any good and fast way of getting achievement points, I am not too far from 1k but its still pretty slow.

5. I was mostly doing all of those already but wasn't really sure if I should do it because some people say to do something completely different. Thanks for the confirmation!
    Also is there any good and fast way of getting achievement points, I am not too far from 1k but its still pretty slow.
    You can either run through every dungeon in the game or discover every map in every region.

6. Indeed, Exploration is a great way to farm Achievement points.

And so is doing every single Vanilla/TBC dungeon solo. Joining some Vanilla/TBC raids that are hosted on global etc. They'll never ask you about GS so you're fine getting in them.

You can also spam RDF HC and even RDF normal (for WotLK dungeons) there's a lot of points to get there too.

7. For the PVE offpieces, find a guild, even if you get higher GS, you'll 100% require LK kill achieve since people don't have patience to carry pugs so you'll need to have proved your mettle by knowing the fights. With a guild, you can at least have some leniency when it comes to this since if you don't come prepared, you'll get kicked, unless it's like a 1/12 guild.

As for PVP pieces. Farm EoTs and EoFs for PVP main pieces, except Shoulders. You can get 251 shoulders from WG. Get into VoA for chances at class pieces and yeah, just farm BGs for honor. It's a grind for sure.