1. Hard to gear enough for PUGS

HI. My name is Aimar, im playing feral in icecrown (h) and it's insanely HARD to do even TOC 25. ICC is imposible, people needs more gear than the gear it drops on that instance. I am at 5,5k gearscore and high part of this gear is from pvp. I used emblems to gear myself, POS/FOS until i got everything i want and i tested myself on a ICC rep farm and i can handle stable 7k DPS

I played wotlk back in retail, i know EVERY single mechanic and stuff but people need 6k gearscore or better to do icc10 which is stupid, i don't know what to do, how to get better gear to try ICC 25 or even TOC 25.

Im from spain and i tried a spanish guild which told me to get better gear before raid but.. HOW!??!?! need some help, any tip to get 6k without raiding icc...

Thanks.

2. ICC 10 mans, with guild or pugs. There are some runs that might take "lower" GS people. There are ICC25's with 5.6 requirement on occasion, you can always try to join. Be considerate and kind, ask the RL/recruiter if they want to question you about raid/class mechanics and answer to best of your knowledge, you'll become a person instead of a class with GS number.
    Edited: August 23, 2020

3. HI. My name is Aimar, im playing feral in icecrown (h) and it's insanely HARD to do even TOC 25. ICC is imposible, people needs more gear than the gear it drops on that instance. I am at 5,5k gearscore and high part of this gear is from pvp. I used emblems to gear myself, POS/FOS until i got everything i want and i tested myself on a ICC rep farm and i can handle stable 7k DPS

I played wotlk back in retail, i know EVERY single mechanic and stuff but people need 6k gearscore or better to do icc10 which is stupid, i don't know what to do, how to get better gear to try ICC 25 or even TOC 25.

Im from spain and i tried a spanish guild which told me to get better gear before raid but.. HOW!??!?! need some help, any tip to get 6k without raiding icc...

Thanks.
    Yep, its really hard for new players, without donation its nearly impossible to pass 5.5
    (full pve), you can wait whole week for a pug that doesn't require 5.8+
    Ofcourse you can be extremely patient and gather frosts by daily rhc/weekly quests, but it will be loooong way.
    Every char I got i donated at least 1-2 items to pass that 5.5 and be able to raid some icc.
    Edited: August 23, 2020

4. I see low gs requirement runs on global all the time on horde.
    Maybe try and get your kingslayer 10 and use it to join 25's.
    But mostly JOIN A GUILD cause they will accept you as you are and try to grow with you.
    And i mean, join any guild that wants to grow.

At 5.5 a feral druid should atleast be able to do 10k stable dps with 15-20k burst.
    I could help you reach these numbers if you want.

If you feel comfortable you can dm me your ingame name or leave it here and i'll try to fit you into one of my 10's and get you a ach atleast.
    Might even get you in my guild as a "vip" gearing player.. but don't get your hopes up to much.

5. 1) look for pug raids 1-2 days before ID reset - there are plenty of 5 - 5,2k gs raids.

2) guild - Many guilds are taking people for icc if they have 5k gs+, sometimes even lower if majority of raid is quite good geared.

6. HI. My name is Aimar, im playing feral in icecrown (h) and it's insanely HARD to do even TOC 25. ICC is imposible, people needs more gear than the gear it drops on that instance. I am at 5,5k gearscore and high part of this gear is from pvp. I used emblems to gear myself, POS/FOS until i got everything i want and i tested myself on a ICC rep farm and i can handle stable 7k DPS

Thanks.
    First of all. Wow has changed like it was retail. You had 3.3.5 patch for like 6 months ( dont quote, dont know exact time), so people had less time to gear up. Here at molten people have all the time they have to get gear, so everyone is geared way higher then it was retail. Thats why requirment for gs is way higher then its used to be in retail. About your gear. You said that you have 5.5k gs mainly with pvp items. As a experienced player i would instantly kick you out of raid for doing that, even if i asked for 5k gs. Why?PVE items for PVE, PVP items for PVP. FU*CK the ******ed gearscore. Take a look on items! READ! Read items description, read guides. Know what stats you need and what you dont need. Once you have the items with stats you need, you MUST gem and enchant it! With what? You will read that in guides. Once you will have full PVE with full gems, enchants, experienced players will look at you differently! Who cares if your gs might be a bit lower, but people will see that you have worked for your character! And gear like that definetly will work way better then PVPish gear. Pretty much 5k gs full PVE with correct gear will outdps easy ***** with 6k pvp gs in PVE

7. If you know the game so good then you will have 0 problems to gear up and go BiS, if you can set aside one evening to raid each week. Any leader worth going with will ask a few questions, instantly see you know the stuff. They will look at your gear, see you have all the gems, enchants, stat caps and everything maximized - no problems. That's the whole point of inspects, to find players putting in effort and knowledge and root out "gs stackers" and slackers.

But "going 6k without ICC" is weird thing to say if you know the game. Makes me think that you only "think that you know the game". And yes you can - clear RS HC both 10 and 25, clear TOGC, do it every week you will have high ilvl offsets. Farm RDF HC 2 EoF every day, do weekly quest, do VoA. In approx 3 months you will have full T10 set and "omg 6k gs" without stepping a foot in ICC.

8. Drop the PVP items ASAP.
    Sometimes they're OK (wf mace bear tank, 264 wrists vs 200 wrists) but nobody likes seeing them in a raid and they're waaaay inferior compared to PVE items of lower item level (read: gearscore).
    There's plenty of ICC10 runs that ask for 5.3 - 5.5 but they will probably remove you for PVP items.

9. never seen icc10 ask for 6k gs unless its 8/12 hc... which obviously needed to forgive mistakes, if you have pvp on you.. RIP... i learned it the hard way... be fully pve geared... and do yourself a favor... find a not "end game" guild, pugs doing most of the time 9 bosses best case, worse case 6 cuz off afks or quitters.. pugs are a disaster unless they ask the whole raid to be with ks... so join a non "end game" guild... thats the best option, lots of stable guild doing alt/gear up runs... join them, trust me

if you want our guild doing them, full icc10 half hc half nm 12/12... we can help you
    Edited: August 24, 2020

10. Download underachiever add-on

On icecrown we don't do tactics, we bruteforce

11. It's easy - don't wait for someone to invite you, start your own raid. If you know tactics, you also know the correct raid composition and you can invite only 6k+ tryhards who will carry your PvP as.s. That's the best advice you can get.

12. Download underachiever add-on

On icecrown we don't do tactics, we bruteforce
    *Compares acies... maybe visual bug*
    *Checks armory.... sees no achies*
    *Kicks*

13. Now, let me start with saying that I agree with you on the point of inflated gearscore requirements. ICC 10 requirements I've found to be 5.5+ in general and 5.8+ for full clears, with the occasional before-reset 5 - 5.3k alt runs, while TOC 25 generally asks for 5.3 - 5.5k. It is indeed this gear bracket between 5k and 5.5k which is the hardest to bypass and results in frustration for many people.

However, there is something I noticed in your post:

I am at 5,5k gearscore and high part of this gear is from pvp.
    Now, you have to realize that for a PUG Raid Leader, they aim to decrease the risk of failure as much as possible. How do you do this? By asking for above-minimum gearscore requirement to compensate for potential lack of skill, and rejecting people who are *potentially* tactic-blind. And how do you filter the latter? Through achievements, and more importantly, gear inspection.

I checked your Armory as well ( http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary ), and I can kinda see why you would get trouble getting into raids. The point I'm getting at is that when people tell you to get 'better gear', it's not necessarily in terms of Gearscore, but rather 'get better gear (for PvE)'. This means that a downgrade in Gearscore may actually get you into raids easier if you downgrade to the correct items! Regardless, I'll list three main principles for gearing to get into raids:

1. Have the correct gear for your spec. The biggest telltale sign of 'a noob' is having gear for the sake of high gearscore. As a DPS, for example, you will want to avoid everything with defensive stats aka tank items. There are very specific exceptions (such as Hunters with Rowan's Rifle) but in general, you want to be full DPS.

2. Have (almost) Full PvE gear. can have at MOST 2 PvP items in some slots, typically Back (and to a lesser extent, Wrist and Belt). However, even in this case, you should only equip items which are best-fitting for your spec (e.g. Strength - Crit for a Warrior).

Avoid having PvP items on any of the following: Head, Shoulders, Chest, Hands, Legs, Feet, Trinkets.

3. Be fully gemmed and enchanted. Find guides for your spec on this forum and gem/enchant your gear accordingly.

--------------------------------------------

Now that we've gone through that, I'm going to list some more specific advices I can think of for your gear:

1. Do RDF HC everyday, VoA every week, look for weekly quest runs. Save EoFs and get your t10 DPS set ASAP, before you get anything else.

2. Fully gem and enchant your gear. Enchants do actually increase your gearscore by a decent chunk, the difference between unenchanted and fully enchanted gear can be around 100 gearscore or more.

3. Do ICC Rep farms, replace Harbinger's Bone Band with the Ashen Verdict DPS ring.

4. Do ToC 5 NM farms and change Battlemaster's Fury with Banner of Victory. Alternatively, save vote points and get an Ulduar DPS trinket. There's also a trinket in ToC 10 NM if you don't want to do either of those, it's not as good as Banner imho but is an okay placeholder while gearing (higher GS too).

5. Get 2 t9 pieces. At the very least, this should help tell people that you know what you're doing, while not crippling your gearscore. I recommend equipping them in Chest and Hand slots.

6. Get the crafted Primordial Saronite Blacksmithing items for Legs and Feet. You can also get the TOC crafted thingy for Wrist.

7. Get a better cloak. If you can't find anything else, get the Wrathful Strength-Crit one. People should usually forgive that cloak if the rest of your gear is correct.

8. The Belt situation is kinda similar to Cloak. However, keep in mind the total amount of PvP items people are willing to tolerate (1-2 at most). Out of Back-Wrist-Belt, it's probably most worth it to change your Wrist out of the 3 (Belts and Backs with good gearscore are kinda harder to get).

9. Fully gem and enchant your gear. Yes, it's listed three times because it's that important.

--------------------------------------------
    If you follow all the things I said above, you should at least start getting admitted to ICC 10 guild runs. PUGs really depend on the requirement, but I estimate that you would have relatively unchanged gearscore since the GS from enchants will help make up for the item level downgrades.

Good luck!