1. About UDK blood subspec

Greetings Warmane community,

I have a very straight question: is Unholy/Blood better of Unholy/Frost in terms of DPS when low geared?

The common consensus on the retail guides (end even here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=326654) is that U+B should outdps U+F until T10 content, but in the latest Gnimo's guide there is almost no mention to this spec (was the guide meant for ICC?).
    Furthermore I've seen literaly no DK with this spec, all were running with the U+F one.

I am playing on Frostmourne, so my gear can be considered "really low" according to the guides above.
    I am also switching from FDK (being PvP my main aim I "use" PvE to grind weapons to use in arena) so I have a bit of arp.
    I know that I will experience a slight lower DPS compared to Frost (at least ST wise), the point is to find the spec that will minimize this DPS loss...

Sure u will be of great help!
    Thanks

2. As far as I understood it, blood sub was better on actual lower patch, not 3.3.5a with lower patch content. I believe that if it was noticeably better - you bet your *** people would play it.
    Not that I remember or had any need to research this in depth, so maybe it is better, why don't you go and test?

3. The difference between the two specs should not be that big which is the reason I did not mention it in my guide.
    Gear on Icecrown also comes really fast, so that is another reason for not mentioning the spec in my guide.

I also linked that guide "PvE Unholy DPS. King of Anything." so you can find and learn from it as well, and find any information I did not cover in my own.

Blood Sub Spec by the talk from Frostmourne players is better for pre TOC content for sure.
    Again, difference is not that big on single target, but for multiple target dps, or target swaps I can see why Blood Sub Spec would be better for Frost.
    When it comes to Unholy, if the guide "PvE Unholy DPS. King of Anything." says Blood Sub Spec is better for early game content, it is better for early game content.

For Unholy DK play style will be the same, regardless of which sub spec you chose to go for.
    For Frost DK play style will differ between the two sub specs, so that can actually make the class a bit more fun on the long run.

You can always go on a dummy and try both of them.
    Try the spec on all dummyes, from level 60 to level 83(boss) dummy and see how it goes.
    Screenshot recounts after 3-5min dummy run, and compare once you are done with the other spec.
    You can do the same thing in the raids you go in, again, I did not want to bother for multiple reasons with any other talent spec in both my guides, since even with 226 ilvl gear, I did awesome damage as Frost with Unholy Sub Spec. You will have to do the testing for this yourself, or just follow the "PvE Unholy DPS. King of Anything." guide and do as they say. :D