1. PVP Hit Rating Question (Shadow & Disc)

Hey all,

I've got a question about hit rating when it comes to priests. I have never played one before and am seeing a lot of conflicting information.

What is the suggested hit rating for a Shadowpriest in PVP?

What is the suggested hit rating for a Disc priest in PVP? (I guess just for the mana burn?)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I have played a Holy Pally as my main for years and spell hit rating isn't all that applicable. Aside from the Holy-Pally I have played mostly Tank Pally for PVE, and Unholy DK for PVP so spell hit rating isn't something I have concerned myself with all too much.

Long story short, when I go to spend my honor and tokens on gear I really don't want to buy the wrong stuff! Any advice on spell hit rating for both a Shadow Priest and Disc priest in PVP would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

2. Caster needs 4% hit rating in PvP.

As shadow PvP you need only 1% from gear because you have 3% from this talent http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=15328

As disc PvP, it depends.
    Some players has 0
    some around 1%
    some with 4%.
    Usually it depends on what comp you are playing ( so, how much is important to not miss your Fear)

Edit:
    Remember you also need Spell penetration

3. however you will get 3% hit once a shadowspell hit the target already - talent Misery.
    Its obviously better to get 1% hit however if you can instead get a better itemization you can 0%, risking to sometimes miss a fear or silence if the target isnt misery debuffed already.

4. Go for around 4% hit as a disc as well + a little bit of spell penetration. Not only for the fear, but also for your dots and occasional holy fire/smite. Try to keep the target you're focusing dotted up as much as you can, they do a significant amount of damage.

You mentioned you played holy paladin in pvp. Disc is a more aggressive healer so you'll have to adapt your playstyle a bit. You won't be hardcasting as much as you would on a holy paladin, you'll clean opponents/dot up/deal some damage if your pw:s/penance/prayer of mending are on cooldown and renew is already applied. Even if you're getting tunneled by a warrior, do your 3 instant casts (pw:s, pom, renew), clean his gbok or other buffs, dot him up and only after that try to keep yourself alive with a fake cast or a 1 tick penance + holy nova whenever you have a free global. Warrior without gbok = warrior that deals less damage = you staying alive longer.