1. What's my bigged upgrade from the vote shop?

Character: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/profile

Newly 80 and wondering what I should use my vote points on that would make the biggest impact. Ideally it would be a slot that doesn't have an iLvl 264 equivalent available on the AH. I'm considering getting a weapon, shield, or chest armor.

Any tips?

2. I would suggest Neck, Wrist or Trinket
    In other slots you can get decent items from farming ICC dungeons and using T9 set. BoE+Rep rings. One Trinket from ToC5 n.
    That's from the things you can just farm.

You can get second Trinket in POS HC, Neck in HOR HC. Other items irrelevant there because you will use T9 in those slots.
    This case says Wrist is the item you get for vote points.

3. If you plan on tanking then a wep would help a lot with aggro holding, I would wait with shield and go for trinkets instead, specifically stamina trinkets.
    You can buy shield "borean guard" from ulduar on auctionhouse since it's BoE, also there's plenty of shields on auctionhouse.
    You can buy ilvl 245 ToC wrists which blacksmith's can craft, so there's several of those on auctionhouse too.
    You can buy ilvl 245 ToC chest too which blacksmith's can also craft, probably several of those too on sale right now.

4. I'd probably go with shield based on what others mentioned above. That's if you find the AH shields too expensive.
    2nd in line would be trinket, something with big pile of stamina.
    3rd would be weapon, maybe something with hit/expertise.