1. Boss skipping in RDF HC

As a new player with mere 3.3k GS i gotta say, its pretty annoying and more so because i have to carry the burden of that on my shoulders pretty much alone. In reality i'm having my daily Heroism tokens income almost cut by half, quite often just for the reason to enable people with 700-1000 more GS to have their quick Valor tokens!

At the same time, there is what i can do about it:

- eat the 30 minute penalty

- just take it and have the instance locked for 24 hours

- stage a little rebellion when it gets rather unacceptable and risk getting banned

And yeah, on a server where everyone wants 4k+ and achiev for pretty much anything, this unfortunate thing get unacceptable rather quickly. Don't get me wrong i can take it once or twice just fine, but past that not really. Factor in the fact that you can wait 20 minutes for the dung to pop out in the first place which makes it rather uneconomical to begin with, not to mention that it is often decided for you "**** ye noob, my quick valors are more important that your heroism marks" style and this stuff gets old really really fast!

So i was wondering, what can i realistically do about it when the time finally comes and i'll get inevitably tired/pissed/annoyed and put my feet down without taking any of the various forms of punishment for actually wanting to go the dungeon that i got?

Lets say i politely ask the good people in my party if they want to skip bosses and they say 'Yes', how about i take a screenshot of that exchange, get myself out of the dungeon and simply wait the 5 minutes doing something else somewhere else?

When the ban for disrupting comes and for what i know it very well might come, would the screenshot of said exchange work towards the ban appeal?

After all its called RDF and not 'Random half a dungeon Finder' if you get my meaning.

Again, i can take it here and there, but at certain point that guy with 1K more GS deeming his quick valors and himself more important than me and my possible gains and more importantly taking it as a matter of course and a sure thing, while i have to deal with it in a very non-abstract concrete fashion.....nah, there should be a way to make this sort of behavior less rewarding and less smooth without having to carry the burden in its entirety and possible severity!

2. You realistically cannot do anything about it. There is no way having such a screenshot would possibly assist you with the imminent ban appeal. Nor do I think there really should be a way, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, there is no clause in the rule book (if there even is one) of doing RDF HC where skipping bosses is some sort of a grey area. It's more of the "needs of the many over the needs of the few" mentality on this server. You can try and appeal to your gear bloated groups and ask them to do the boss. If they are meta donkeys where they min-max every second they spend in game - there is nothing you can do.

Having said that, I have never experienced this myself. And I have leveled 1 main and 3 alts on this server. All DPS and have to wait in que quite a bit to get a pop. If I ever wanted a specific boss killed, I asked and was not turned down. I am 4k+ on all of them and personally I love doing the extra bosses because they equate to gold if you need zero gear.

I do feel your frustration though, especially this patch where there is no "catch up" mechanic for server newcomers or alts. If this happens a lot, you might be very unlucky and I hope it gets better in the future. There is a few things you can do to remedy this, if even slightly:

• Make a group in /global. I personally make and join 4k+ groups if I need a quick RDF and I also see a lot of groups forming around your GS. This may sometimes take just as much time as the que, but at least you can try chain multiple dungeons together.
    • Once you reach around 3.4k GS, you can make an OS 10 group and reserve the satchel. That's 8 heroism badges per reset for 25 minutes worth of work. Same goes for valor in OS 25.
    • Since Ulduar hit, the server is a bit divided. There are those ahead of the curve and those who fell behind for one reason or another. As a result, people are forming guilds specifically catering to those who are catching up. Might be a good idea to look into that if this is your first character here.
    • Realize that these "meta" speed runners are also speeding up your experience in a weird way. By blasting through the dungeon quicker, you get out faster and can try for another one.
    Edited: August 29, 2020

3. Oh no, people don't play the way I want them to! MOOOOOM!

Either make your own premade group (via /global) or deal with it. It's a democracy, if more people want to skip then they skip. I've seen people ask "hey, can we not skip this?" and most of the time people do the boss instead of skipping. Except for those Ahn'Kahet bosses, everybody hates those, people even do Novos from time to time if you just ask nicely and not demand them to do something.
    Do you have loading screen tips enabled? There's one saying "When interacting with other players a little kindness goes a long way"

4. Don't want to sound like an *******, but... that's life.

It's like an ugly girl complaining about not receiving the attention from boys that she wants. This is a progressive server which means it's pretty competitive - there's barely any time to waste, given that you need to farm gold for 4 tiers of BoEs, do 2x raid resets per week, gear up your OS, and what not... people don't have ime to waste, and when they do, they use it in raids to learn encounters and farm content that counts.

My suggestions:

1) Be there from the start of the server, and keep up the pace.
    2) For RDF HC - queues for tanks are instant, for healers nearly so. Be one.
    3) Be a tank - if you go for an extra boss they have no choice but to follow. Nobody cares what a DPSer wants, particularly not a melee DPSer.
    4) Join a Naxx farming guild. Decent guilds were farming Naxx 3 weeks from the start of the server, casual ones can do it now with no wipes. Naxx drops approximately 65 epics per run - in two weeks you'll gear all your specs fully, and avoid the cesspool that is RDF HC.

Another thing - those geared people in dungeons don't give a damn about Valors - they do 1 RDF HC for Conquests only and that's it. Valors were farmed to oblivion by anyone farming Naxx.

5. There's some things you can do.
    1) make premade rhc runs with in the mind doing all bosses
    2) join a casual guild that farms dungeons to gear up for raids.
    3) If you're the tank you kinda lead the group you can choose to do bosses even if the rest of the group doesn't really want to.

6. Here's one, Pull the boss anyway, you can't be banned for that, And it leaves the party to make a decision, either wipe or just kill the boss quick.

I'm atm farming emblems on my tank and whenever people say skip I ignore it and pull anyway, what are they gonna do? not contribute? THAT counts as distrupting gameplay and is bannable.

7. Here's one, Pull the boss anyway, you can't be banned for that, And it leaves the party to make a decision, either wipe or just kill the boss quick.

I'm atm farming emblems on my tank and whenever people say skip I ignore it and pull anyway, what are they gonna do? not contribute? THAT counts as distrupting gameplay and is bannable.
    It's all fine when you're the tank. However, when you're a MDPS nobody cares about you and they will votekick you if you pull on your own.