1. BLOOD Death Knight PvE DPS Guide [3.3.5a]

Well, here comes the video for all the Blood fans out there!
    Special thanks to PlatinHunterr (Gorebringer) for being stubborn enough to make me do this!
    (altho he was kinda lucky I started the melee rotation series on youtube and that I wanted to cover all the melee classes). :D

Youtube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXR0sVxjFYg
    CHECK THE DESCRIPTION AND TIME STAMPS!

Another (new) youtube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CeO...ature=youtu.be
    (this is it when it comes to videos, even tho I didnt put as much time and effort as I did in Frost and Unholy, I doubt there is more to Bloods rotation than this)

Anyway, enjoy, I wont be updating the guide more than this video for a month or so, after which I will try to add everything promiced in the DESCRIPTION of the youtube video.
    Also, another video with OPENER WITHOUT ERW incoming soon.

Good luck and have fun! :D
    Edited: August 30, 2020

2. as usual the first comment is MINE!

3. Great vid, greetings from Sherley. xD

4. Thanks for the time and effort for my favorite spec! :D

5. Npz, had to complete the cycle at some point. :D

Added a new video where I have a "perfect" rotation with the CD usage and 2 more Openers, one of which was a funny improvisation.

The rest of the guide will happen latter on, just remember, DO NOT try this without Shadowmorune! xD

6. ... just remember, DO NOT try this without Shadowmorune! xD
    Why ? was doing great already during lvling and now at 2kgs

Btw we have this

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=290640

and this

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=188991

not sure why neither are listed under Blood DK pve dps....

7. Because Frost and Unholy will do more damage than Blood, and Blood brings nothing unique to the raid.
    You need to understand that for pugs for example, you won't have a perfect setup, so the buff or debuff your class brings can be a lot more valuable than your personal DPS.
    Also, in more than enough attempts, where I try to record a dummy run, with such bad RNG and almost abysmally low Crit %, Blood does abysmally low DPS.
    That would most likely be a HUGE problem early game, where you don't have high Crit to begin with.
    Frost gets huge amount of Crit from talents for the main ability that deals damage - Obliterate.
    Unholy does good enough damage without Crits even at bis to care much about that stat in the first place.
    Blood is highly gear dependant which is why you don't want to use the weakest of the 3 specs at bis, early game on.

As for the guides you linked, non of them previews a rotation which is the biggest question mark if you ask me for Blood DPS (just look at the second video I posted and watch how different the 3 openers are), and the links for itemisation and other stuff are old and/or broken in those guides.
    Not sure if they will be edited or fixed but those two are no good if you ask me as they are at the moment.

Again, if you want to min max to a point where you do precise math on which item combination or list is best in slot and/or why, which glyph would end up doing the most amount of damage and/or why, and all the other **** that requires a lot of time, you are looking at the wrong guy. :D

I just logged in, put up a bis gear, talent spec, changed glyphs and started hitting the dummy.
    I wont spend more of my time, you have the base for the spec, and how to play/gear it, the rest is on you, all of you fans of this spec.

If you really are on 2k GS atm, switch to Frost and tell me how is the DPS in comparison to Blood.
    As for leveling, to this day, I am mind blown on why people chose to level with Blood over Unholy and its ability to mass pull or tank anything and top DPS while doing so...

8. i have no idea yet how to play Frost dps unfortunately. lvling with blood is quite nice actually, you get lots of self heal, you 2 shot mobs and finish with full life so no rest needed between mobs. true some bad rng due to low crit (<25%)? but could solo group quests still.
    i understand why u say blood is bad but isnt combat just the same ? ToT isnt much and fury, while being top dps in theory (only if BiS+ correctly played ) only bring raid 5% crit (doesn't scale) +sunders armor/piercing howl, while quite nice almost no one use them ever... imo blood dps should be sufficient on its own its not like a sub pve rogue or smth. still got that 10%ap if blizzard didnt want people to raid in blood they wouldnt put this in blood tree.
    then im not pro, i dont raid with pro guildies i dont have the pressure to follow anyone min max i play only for fun. i wouldnt mind a weird raid compo because a) its fun b) its viable too just less optimized.

9. Just try to play the most optimal way and to learn the spec you want to play inside out before you enter a raid and get called out for doing low dps.

I wont prolong this discussion anymore.

Also, my advice to you, and everyone playing a spec they "love" to try and play other options for at least a week or two.
    Maybe you think you want to play Blood spec because u did not try other options long enough to give them a proper chance. :D

10. I'll return your advice to you, give blood a proper chance, lvl a blood dk ... or not its up to you

11. how is this a guide ? there is no sound no explanation nothing. auhor seems to think blood pve is bad why the hell even bother to make a vid then ?

12. In the 2 videos you have the "ROTATION", the MOST IMPORTANT part of any class/spec DPS.
    In the 2 videos you have different "bis" itemisations and how to gem them.
    In the 2 videos you have spec and glyphs.

What more do you need?
    After 2 guides on 2 other DPS DK specs, where you have EVERYTHING from which race to chose and why, how to reach caps, what different stats give, which professions are bis, macroes, keybinds, addons, etc, you need me to say here:
    "Umm, yea, hit cap for special abilities is 263 rating, aka 8% hit cap."
    Really?

Go find me a "good" and different Blood DK DPS guide and I will remove this one if you want.

And Blood PvE is "bad" in comparison to other 2 specs, mainly at EARLY GAME.
    At "BIS" itemisation with Shadowmourne (as the ones I have in the video), this spec will do maybe 5% less than the other two overall which is pretty viable for any fan that plays it.

The guide would have been done IF I had free time, but at the moment I got other things to take care off.

13. I've noticed as well that without much crit rating Blood dps isn't worth jack**** but I'd like to know your opinion on how much crit rating blood should aim. Also like I want to ask if it's okay to stack arp well past 90% because that with talent you already hit 100% arp.

Also despite not bringing anything unique to the raid you can still sucker some people into letting you in because they want you to slap a hysteria on them if you know what I mean hehe.

14. I've noticed as well that without much crit rating Blood dps isn't worth jack**** but I'd like to know your opinion on how much crit rating blood should aim. Also like I want to ask if it's okay to stack arp well past 90% because that with talent you already hit 100% arp.

Also despite not bringing anything unique to the raid you can still sucker some people into letting you in because they want you to slap a hysteria on them if you know what I mean hehe.
    You want as much crit as you can get without sacrificing str. Arp above 90% is worth 0. Its ok, to go past it for a while if you get like 1 amazing item, that pushes you above. But you will be able to do more dmg if you manage to change that overcap arp into some other stat. (swap some item to variation without arp, fix caps with gems,...)

15. Both itemisations I showed in the videos cant change much, so I guess that is how much crit you can get overall in "bis" gear.

As for Blood DK DPS not casting Hysteria on himself, LUL. And no, you dont want more than 90% arp from gear.

12 Last