1. Ret Paladin REAL Best Professions for PvE (WoTLK)

Sup guys,

As you could read in the title, I wanna know what are the REAL best professions for a Ret Paladin for pve, raider, taking into account all buffs. I'm not interested in practicality, survivability, fun, pvp, or hybrid of pvp and pve. Only pure damage in the raid.

So, 1st of all, our main stats after hit cap and expertise is strength, there begins the problem because strength is not as simple as 1 STR = 2 AP.
    We have 5/5 Divine Strength with +15% STR, so:
    1 SRT = 1 * 1,15 * 2 = 2,3 AP

And we have BoK +10% all stats:
    1 STR = 1 * 1,15 * 2 * 1,1 = 2,53 AP

If that weren't enough we still have the factor that strength works with some skills directly, like SS and SoV. SoV is one of our biggest sources of damage, and apparently this is the multiplier: [0.013*STR+0.025*AP*5].
    So as you can see, strength is not as simple as 1 STR = 2 AP or even 1 = 2.53.

But why do we need to know this? Cuz in our professions we have two professions that give us STR and one that gives us a proc of AP.
    So, which one is the best? I don't know and that's what I wanna find out.

The options are: BS, Eng, JC and Tailor.

BS = 2 sockets = +40 STR, so 101,2 AP + 44 AP of Enchant Gloves - Crusher + 32 AP of Enchant Boots - Greater Assault + 22 AGI Enchant Cloak - Major Agility.
    JC = 3 Dragon's Eye gems = +42 STR, so 106,26 AP + 44 AP of Enchant Gloves - Crusher + 32 AP of Enchant Boots - Greater Assault + 22 AGI Enchant Cloak - Major Agility.
    Tailor = Swordguard = Proc of +400 AP for 15 sec + 44 AP of Enchant Gloves - Crusher + 32 AP of Enchant Boots - Greater Assault + No Enchant Cloak - Major Agility, so - 22 AGI?

Here we have another prob, no Cloak - Major Agility, proc chance of 25%(supposedly) and a cooldown of 45 or 60 seconds(IDK when it was changed)

And our last prob, Eng, definitely the best profession for pvp, but that’s not what I or we are interested in.

Eng = Hyperspeed Accelerators, Nitro Boosts and Fleweave Underlay = +340 Haste rating for 12 sec(glooves) 1 min cd + 24 Crit Strike rating(boots) + 23 AGI(cloak) + No Cusher, Greater Assault and Major agility, so - 76 AP? [Starting from the premise of the best stats where crit strike rating is better than ap so u should use the nitro boosts(I guess)].

So, the final question is what is the best combination of professions?

IDK WeirdChamp
    Edited: September 1, 2020

2. ENGI + JC for ret/prot , :
    * Nitro Boots : awresome "pull" or moving option . need run awey from som thing ? trtansfer debuff ? chaise ? SPEED UP and go
    * SPeed gloves : helping "staking" seal , the biggest issue for geting agrro or start DPS . On retri i combinne them + str potion , nice combo :)
    * flat perm stat boost from jc , always good . scaling on talents , even better .

JC + alch for holy :
    * flat stats , more int = better , and best int source is TBC flask . include alchemy passive talents = even better ;
    * crazy alchemist potiions for mana bost + side effect : free haste potion or crit potion even better :)

3. There is one flaw in your calculations.

You should either only deduct from tailor/eng or only add to bs/jc without doing both. If you do so you ll mistakenly get higher than what it should be values for bs/jc. Cleaner is to deduct only since all jc/bs does is to give slots or increased gems on paper (still jc is giving option to actually minimalize the loss due there is no +14 on epic gems exists.).

4. So, what is your real conclussion? :D