1. Just getting to 80 on froustmourne and i have some questions

Hi.

First of all this is like my econd time every playing 3.3.5 and i wish to start raiding.

My last experience was with a fresh server so i have some questions about how to go about gearing and stuff.

Does is it make a big difference that the content patch is at ulduar compared to pre naxx? What are some of the biggest differences.
    And im still not decided between frost and unholy yet, i did enjoy frost quite a lot but im ok with unholy as well which one would you guys think its in a higher demand?
    Thanks.

2. Basically, the highest demand role in PvE is Tank > Healer > DPS.

as Tank your average queue time in RDF / RDF Heroic is less than 4 minutes (instantly more often than not)

as Healer (DK is not a healer) average queue time in RDF / RDF Heroic is less than 10 minutes (often less than 3 minutes, sometimes instantly)

as DPS average queue time is around 30-60 minutes.

as for Raid, basically any DPS build is in demand as long as you have the GS, Achievement, and skill to deal high DPS.

The current patch in frostmourne is kinda suck, no ICC yet, so no ICC rep farm, no FoS, no end-game gear, etc.
    But IMO it's pretty fun

3. I actually unfourtunately think Ulduar is one of the worst patches in this respect. Pre-raid bis from heroic dungeons probably won't cut it if you want to be successful in Ulduar and it wasn't really until TotC came out that "catch-up" gear really took off. There are still tons of ways to catch up to 219/226 gear, with crafted gear, BoE's, conquest badges and even the cash shop, but this patch is probably the worst patch for WotLK. That being said Ulduar is to a lot of people the pinnacle of WoW's existence, and I am one of those people, it is easily my favourite raid tier of all time and the reason I decided to join Frostmourne in the first place. It's doable to get yourself to a raid ready character without coins in a week or two depending on how sweaty you want to get, probably your best bet would be to join a guild that does alt runs through Naxx once in a while and hopefully luck out and get showered with gear to get your Ulduar ready.

4. Hi.

First of all this is like my econd time every playing 3.3.5 and i wish to start raiding.

My last experience was with a fresh server so i have some questions about how to go about gearing and stuff.

Does is it make a big difference that the content patch is at ulduar compared to pre naxx? What are some of the biggest differences.
    And im still not decided between frost and unholy yet, i did enjoy frost quite a lot but im ok with unholy as well which one would you guys think its in a higher demand?
    Thanks.
    To echo the guys above, the server is in a bit of a "transitional limbo". Naxx has really burnt out a few people just before Ulduar hit. So now we have a bunch of players way ahead of the curve and newcomers to the server, no real substance in between. For gearing up this is arguably the worst time in terms of difficulty due to a lack of "catch up" mechanics, but by no means impossible. People still pug EoE/OS/Naxx25 quite a lot and there's even guilds that are progressing that content. Come ToC the population will temporarily increase and new players will have a better time catching up to current raid tiers.

As a DK main, there's a few things I can comment on. There is sooooo many DKs, but not a whole lot of competent ones, regardless of spec. I see guilds in need of DKs all the time, both frost and unholy. Most guild will bring at least one unholy and one frost DK, with a potential 3rd DK tank with a frost offspec. So as you can tell, the space is about 50/50 on pure DPS slots. It just depends on what the guild needs at that time.

I think it comes down to what you really prefer playing. Frost will in most cases outdps a pure single target where Unholy has superior AoE damage with less RNG. I would personally equate Frost as "whack-a-mole on meth", it's fast, crazy, bursty and quite fun to play. I found Unholy play style more like a slowed down affliction warlock, very bursty with all cooldowns but more methodical and controlled as the fight progresses.

5. Hey!

I wouldn't say that its somewhat hard to catch up in gear at this progression point.
    As DK you can easily spam que RDF in tank role and grab the badgets and ilvl 200 Equipment to gear yourself to up to around 3.6-3.7 gs.

Find a progression guild that does naxx25 and ulduar10 because you can participate well in both raids with an 3.6gs and the archievements are often enough to convince PUG leaders that want an higher GS.

I experienced that PUGs formed lately in night are often way less toxic and people not tend to leave group after one wipe.

Since you have 2 IDs per week, you almost always have content to clear - just need to find a pug and be willing to wait 1-2h until the group is formed. I've experienced that good pugs often require a good amount of patience.

e.g.: had yday an amazing ud10 with a pug group with my 3.7gs almost in füll blues decked enhancement shaman. We cleaned everything till mimiron w/o voice and it was so smooth that we decided to continue the ID.
    Altho its hard / you have to be lucky to get into a good PUG, you'll meet nice PUG leaders that you can simply put on your friendlist and ask them for more.

As a sidenote: whenever im waiting longer time for a group to get filled, im doing house caring like washing dishes, my cloth or doing some sports. Its somewhat of a nice balance between gaming and irl stuff and a good reminder of actually doing something at home.

6. @ihfhfaiofsaoif - was this on Horde or Alliance?