1. Karma points to sanction ganking and other bad deeds

Greetings,

The idea of "punishing" toxic players who find any way to make an other player's gaming experience worse to a large extent has been around for a long time.
    Obviously, it's a server where world pvp and other things are allowed, so we can't sanction people by fining them or removing any currency / item. My idea is that Warmane should implement a new "aspect", called Karma Points. These points would literally do nothing at all except for being visible somehow on the armory or the inspection screen in-game. Maybe like achievement points. It could just be a faint colour indicator above the player scaling from green ( very good ) to red ( very bad ). It's really up to the staff how they'd put it. It could be a % value or anything. The calculation shall be done with some equation that takes the following rules into account:

NEGATIVE:

-Deserting / getting kicked from Battlegrounds, Raids and Dungeons would affect Karma Points in a negative way. ( Finding a solution to non-intentional occasions where you're forced to leave or don't have any other choice would be problematic with this one )

-Killing a player that is more than 10 levels below your current level ( this level range shall be smaller for a lvl 80 player killing 70-79 players ) would affect Karma Points in a negative way. ( NOT IF THE PLAYER ATTACKED YOU FIRST !!! )

-Killing any enemy faction NPC that is somehow useful to players ( Vendors, Flight Masters, Quest Givers etc... ) would affect Karma Points in a negative way. Guards are not included of course, they're meant to be PvP, there are even quests where you have to kill them.

-There are many other things that could be deemed worthy of making it to this list. Think of rouges sapping people for long minutes without killing them. People standing on mailboxes / AH npcs with tauren hugely-well fed mammoths. Think of anything that affects the leveling / playing experience in a negative way. The problem with these is that it'd be extremely hard to write a decent system that can identify them. The aforementioned 3 points are more or less easy to implement.

POSITIVE:

-Getting your Karma Points back to positive is an interesting question. You should not be able to "grind" these points and then use them to commit bad deeds since you have a lot of positive Karma. The system should work in mysterious ways like the ranking system in classic or something like that. There should be a cap ( only on the positive site ) where your Karma is "Very Good" and that's it. Without further ado, let's look at some things that would affect your Karma Points in a positive way:

-Playing through a lot of Battlegrounds / Raids / Dungeons without getting kicked / deserting should affect your Karma Points in a positive way.

-Helping low lvl players do quests / dungeons ( while in a group with them of course ) would affect your Karma Points in a positive way. ( This one is another problematic one to implement code-wise, no doubt. Also, ppl could just mbox with alts to grind their Karma back )

-With the last point said, you can see why it's so much harder to implement on the positive side. All the things that are considered good deeds like giving gold, helping, etc... are really prone to cheating and exploit. Also, they're hard to code and implement.

Maybe as times goes by, your Karma Points would slowly swim back to the positive side of the scale, provided you don't do anything bad of course.
    That's it so far. These points would do nothing as I said, they'd just "be there" like achi points and other non-beneficial aspects.

Thank you for reading my idea, any type of criticism is welcome, as well as ideas and corrections.

Have a good one

xx

2. No, it's a PVP realm, get over it.

3. Howdy!

-Deserting / getting kicked from Battlegrounds, Raids and Dungeons. For this, there is a debuff that prevents you from queueing again for 30 minutes (or 1 hour, I don't remember exactly). "Besides it, no afking in bgs, follow, botting etc. These are bad attitudes that may get your account suspended." There is already a punishment for this, too.

-Killing a player that is more than 10 levels below your current level. As you said before, it's a world PvP server. You don't like getting ganked, go in group or do quests in a non popular area.

-Killing any enemy faction NPC that is somehow useful to players. If blizzard thinks that this should not be posible, they wouldn't have flagged them.

Think of rouges sapping people for long minutes without killing them. (PvP Server)

People standing on mailboxes / AH npcs with tauren hugely-well fed mammoths. It is annoying, but you can always find other npcs, or go to another city (Thunderbluff, Darnassus, Exodar, or even Shatrah are less populated cities)

4. if you can't handle pvp go find a pve server. otherwise suck it up and do your best to avoid it.

5. I think to shorten this suggestion, you should've just asked for a PVE realm.

6. This reminds me of the opaque and utterly useless trust factor from CSGO.

7. Well I can agree that it would be really nice to put it into game, so I could literally track my minus karma points amount :D

The red color above me would be great as well.

However, I don't see why getting kicked from bg/rdf AND ganking low levels should give minus points. Just because I like to camp an north zone from time to time I wouldnt be taken to rdf/bg premades cause someone could think that I'm a leaver or nub or something.

Honestly, imo, this idea is quite complicated and wouldnt bring anything good into game, so just a waste of time for me.

I like the idea with blue / red colour tho. For example, there was an old game Mu online - the more ppl You killed in world pvp the more You nickname became Red. Also, the character was quite glowing a little bit with red aura. If You killed someone who was Red, You become more and more Blue. So in conclusion, some people in world pvp had goal to become as red as possible as some people liked to become Blue heroes. Simple yet awesome, many people joined world pvp just cause of this fun effect. There were big gangs of red killers and blue saviors fighting each others :) There was some disadvantage tho if You were red, You couldnt use teleport. This red/blue effect expired in time, killing mobs could speed up this process.

8. Well I can agree that it would be really nice to put it into game, so I could literally track my minus karma points amount :D

The red color above me would be great as well.

However, I don't see why getting kicked from bg/rdf AND ganking low levels should give minus points. Just because I like to camp an north zone from time to time I wouldnt be taken to rdf/bg premades cause someone could think that I'm a leaver or nub or something.

Honestly, imo, this idea is quite complicated and wouldnt bring anything good into game, so just a waste of time for me.

I like the idea with blue / red colour tho. For example, there was an old game Mu online - the more ppl You killed in world pvp the more You nickname became Red. Also, the character was quite glowing a little bit with red aura. If You killed someone who was Red, You become more and more Blue. So in conclusion, some people in world pvp had goal to become as red as possible as some people liked to become Blue heroes. Simple yet awesome, many people joined world pvp just cause of this fun effect. There were big gangs of red killers and blue saviors fighting each others :) There was some disadvantage tho if You were red, You couldnt use teleport. This red/blue effect expired in time, killing mobs could speed up this process.
    I used to play MU S5, man such a different vibe. I remember PK-ing all day with my friends like 8 years ago lol.

Anyways, now that I looked at the replies and thought about it I think everyone's right, it would be complicated and useless. I just had so many toons that were killed 24/7 while leveling xd. I mean ganking from time to time might be acceptable but man I don't see the joy in 1 hitting lowbies for long hours.

Thanks for the replies by the way

9. killing low lvl's are always positive.. it gives them more motivation to get revenge and become better from their gankers :)

10. It sounds like a very good idea, which wouldn't punish anybody, letting olayers free to decide, but that would encourage fair behaviour. In fact things such as graveyard camping or griefing don't do much a favour to the server, as they are very one sided forms of fun without any competitivity being involved.
    I also want to add that this way of thinking I see in the previous comments, such as "it's your problem, deal with it", are very egoistic and don't really point towards an improvement of the server, for which this section exist in the first place, besides it's not followed by any reason why you don't like it. In this case, in fact, I very much think this suggestion can be endorsed by a large part of the playerbase (remember, only a small part of the players participate the forum).

11. It's very likely not possible to implement a point system in the game client.